The Sword and Laser discussion

Mathion (Mavonduri Trilogy #1)
This topic is about Mathion
Author Promo (Share Your Stuff!) > My Debut Novel: Epic Fantasy... but with Werewolves

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jeff Shanley (Mavonduri) | 9 comments Alright, so I thought I'd shw you guys a little bit of my debut novel, just to sort of make a splash with my first "official" post. 

What better place to start than with the synopsis? Enjoy. 

With his people on the perpetual brink of war with the High Lord Azgharáth and his barbaric hordes of werewolves, the Wolven prince Mathion is the young, reluctant heir to the throne of Ánovén. Though many believe he will one day be a great ruler, Mathion is unshakeable in his own belief that the arrogance of power corrupts those who wield it, and looks to the High Throne of the Wolven as more of a burden than a privilege. But it is for this very reason he was chosen to protect an artifact of ancient power as a young child by a dying White Wolf, a power that Azgharáth has sought for ages. This is the key to Azgharáth's ultimate victory, and when he discovers that Mathion possesses it he sets in motion a sequence of events that will twist Mathion's unfailing honor against him, and it is in this darkest of hours that Mathion is forced to confront not only his nemesis but also his destiny. 

I've always been fascinated by both Atlantis mythology and werewolf folklore, and in this series I have attempted to reimagine the "origins of the werewolves" through the framework of Atlantis mythology, with the protagonist's (i.e. Mathion) people as the "actual" Atlanteans. I take the bulk of my inspiration (as all fantasy authors should) from Tolkien, and so this novel aims for a more "traditional" epic fantasy feel.

It's currently available on Kindle, BUT I am releasing a Revised & Expanded Edition of MATHION on September 22nd. Nonetheless, I would encourage you to take a look at either or. I'm also on YouTube, and in fact have a trailer for the Revised & Expanded Edition on my channel TheMavonduriTrilogy. 

R&EE Book Trailer: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=psX2pN-KXvY
Kindle Page: http://www.amazon.com/Mathion-Book-Ma...

I'm open to questions and responses as well, I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for letting me share everyone!

Jeff Shanley (Mavonduri) | 9 comments Just thought I'd give this thread a small bump, if anyone has any questions or thoughts I'd love to hear them!