UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Past Group Book Discussions > Pompomberry House - Discussions with Spoilers!

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Pompomberry House

Discussions with Spoilers here!

Pompomberry House

message 2: by Oak Tree (new)

Oak Tree | 50 comments This book has amused a lot of readers. Do you think we are like a baby in fron of a mirror - we are fascinated looking at ourselves?
Could you find any 'characters' you knew?

message 3: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments Hmm. No-one's 'discussed' anything on this thread - we all seem to have done it on the other!
I gather from various threads/interviews that there really is going to be a sequel (and it's not just a threat held over out heads to make the forum behave!)

Any ideas as to how long we'll have to wait?

message 4: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2273 comments I'm wavering a bit when it comes to the sequel. I loved writing Pompomberry House. However, I'm wondering if I need a break to work on something completely different before coming back to it.

message 5: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments Ah, yes, I can see that. You could get tunnel vision! Maybe it will be the book after next?
I'm trying not to grovel here!

Lynne (Tigger's Mum) | 5862 comments I don't know how much imagination you have left. I thinks its so unusual, I'll bet you never told your mum the same fib twice. Its very refreshing Rosen and funny.

message 7: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2273 comments I never tell my mum any fibs. I don't have the right sort of character to get away with it.

message 8: by Lynne (Tigger's Mum) (last edited Sep 25, 2012 01:24PM) (new)

Lynne (Tigger's Mum) | 5862 comments She'd know anyway
I could just imagine you as a little girl telling wonderful tales ;0)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I really enjoyed this, loved the forum members and authors! So glad that this made number one in the free download charts!

:0)

message 10: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2273 comments Thanks Karen.

message 11: by Freddiesmum (new)

Freddiesmum | 137 comments I read this over the weekend, and yes, I did enjoy it. I found the style flowed well and I liked all the fun poking!
I think it was a light and entertaining read, the end was not too predictable and I could relate to many of the traits of the forum members from several on line groups I am involved with! not just reading but also craft groups. Its a problem with some people, get them on line and call them a mod and the power goes to their heads!! lol I enjoyed spotting the types of people that are haunting forums and groups everyday! It was fun.

message 12: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments It was, wasn't it? People are usually happy to be themselves on a forum but some can't resist saying things they would never say to a person's face. Some of the trolling which happens - thankfully not here in this haven of civilisation, beggars belief.

message 13: by Freddiesmum (new)

Freddiesmum | 137 comments some of the things I have seen on cross stitch and crochet groups you would not believe!! I am amazed that people who can create such gentle and careful work can be so , well, ODD!!
nowt as funny as folk
and this story does capture it!!

message 14: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2273 comments I'm disappointed in cross stitch fans but it doesn't entirely surprise me. Forums can get very nasty. There was one at uni in which the moderators used to goad the members to cause as much controversy as possible - as if people acting anonymously need any encouragement.

message 15: by Rosen (new)

Rosen Trevithick (rosentrevithick) | 2273 comments The contrast between these two recent reviews amused me. Could they be any more different?

"I expected something fresh, lively and entertaining. Instead, it became less and less interesting as it progressed. Read to the end thinking something unexpected must happen to improve it. It all seemed so obvious and plot so clunky."

"This was one of the strangest books I read in a while, it was very unique. I felt compelled to keep reading to see where it was going to go next. I had no idea what was really going on so it definitely kept my interest right to the end."

message 16: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments Nowt so queer as folk and while I take exception to qualifying 'unique' (well, I would, wouldn't I? I'm a grammar Nazi!) I lean towards number two here!

message 17: by Freddiesmum (new)

Freddiesmum | 137 comments Rosen wrote: "I'm disappointed in cross stitch fans but it doesn't entirely surprise me.

I have been shocked by some of the things that cross stitchers do ! only the few I hasten to add!! most of us are very nice, honestly!!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Rosen wrote: "I'm disappointed in cross stitch fans but it doesn't entirely surprise me. Forums can get very nasty. There was one at uni in which the moderators used to goad the members to cause as much controve..."

No they didn't.