Harlan Ellison ® discussion

Harlan Ellison
This topic is about Harlan Ellison
Random Stuff > White Wolf Edgeworks

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Baron (new)

Baron Greystone | 15 comments I hadn't heard of this. A reprint series?

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott Yes, from 1996-1997. Two books per volume.

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott I remember a lot of people complaining about how the dye from the boards rubbed off on everything (check the inside of your dustjacket.)

What's funny is that Ellison tried to defend the sloppy justification as something classy. It really doesn't look good.

WW seemed to have chronic problems with editing... they did a collection of F. Marion Crawford stories in which they lopped off the end of the last story.

message 4: by David (new)

David Merrill | 7 comments Around the same time Borderlands Press was re-issuing some of Ellison's books as limited editions. It was also supposed to be a complete uniform collection of his work. I don't believe they came close to finishing either. It makes me wonder if there was some sort of conflict with two similar series coming out from two different publishers with overlapping books in the two series. It wouldn't surprise me to find out Ellison signed conflicting contracts. I too have the complete Moorcock White Wolf series. I really like them, despite all the production issues I can see in them. I also have one of the Fritz Leiber omnibus collections they did.

message 5: by Scott (new)

Scott So did you correct the date of Ellison's father's death in the first volume like he asked you to?

On the positive side, the covers are fantastic, particularly the Snyders. Even the author photos are quite nice!