Woodburgh Highschool. discussion

RP In school. > Dance Studio

Comments Showing 1-50 of 112 (112 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) GO!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

August was in the dance studio, sitting and being bored. He had only taken this class to get out of sewing class.

message 3: by wanderer (last edited Sep 12, 2012 01:48PM) (new)

wanderer (chloemai) Nia stormed in managing to turn the lights on and slamming the door shut behind her.she eyed up the boy suspiciously and entered a bit more slower, throwing her bag down. She flipped the stereo on switching it to a high beat music and stripped down revealing a simple black leotard. She then began stretching out attempting to ignore the boy all together. If she wanted to go professional, she had to stay focused.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

August watched the girl with an eyebrow slightly raised. He could dance a little, mainly comtemporary and whatever he picked up from different cultures he had visited. "Ballerina?" He called out the question over the music, smirking slightly.

message 5: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) She looked around realissing he was speaking to her.
"Yes" she said simply. It was the one word of the singling lanuguage she knew without a doubt. She piled have elaborated but he would have understood, and she wasn't going to make an idiot of herself again trying to communicate in English, once was enough.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

August stood and raised an eyebrow at the girl, smiling slightly. "Your not from around here, are you?"

message 7: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) Her face took on a confused expression as she tried to understand what his words meant, she gathered that it might have something to do with where she came from so just shook her head vigorously. Now making eye contact with him

message 8: by Bam (new)

Bam (bam_bam) Miranda stalked into the room, her long black hair flowed in a long pony tail that trailer down her back wearing this (( http://www.getthelabel.com/pws/images... )) She carried a boombox and she placed it at the edge of the room and suddenly a lady gaga song filled the dance studio. She started with her routine, not caring that everybody else had rehearsal too.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

August had been to a lot of places so he could speak a lot of languages fairly well. "Do you speak spanish?" He asked in spanish. His had spent two years in mexico while his father was on a job.

message 10: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) Nia nodded, surprised that he could talk quite well.
"Yea I come from Spain, but nobody here really knows how tontalkblike that, soni feel like an idiot when I try to speak English."
She narrowed her eyes as her own music was drowned out by some lady ga ga tunes. Soon enough the teacher would turn up, and she hoped it was soon. She couldn't stand the music for another second.

message 11: by Bam (new)

Bam (bam_bam) Miranda used the space in a quarter of the room and continued to dance, she was deep in thought dancing in time to the beat. She wasn't amazing but she knew the basics and was pretty flexible so it looked like a complicated routine.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

August glanced at the girl with the loud lady gaga music. He wasnt a big fan of lady gaga. "Could you please turn that down a little?" He called out above the music.

message 13: by wanderer (last edited Sep 12, 2012 11:34PM) (new)

wanderer (chloemai) Nia continued her stretches she would have told miss queen bee to go find her own space but she wouldn't understand a single word of what she was saying so instead kept quiet. She wiped her eyes slightly and rested one of her legs against the bar, loosening her muscles out.

message 14: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) ((Either of you on to RP with?))

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

((Im here!))

August rolled his eyes at the girl with the lady gaga song playing. He would just have to ignore it.

message 16: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) Nia looked at the boy quizzically, continuing to stretch out.
"So where'd you learn spanish?" she asked the words rolling off of her tongue.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

August smiled. "Mexico. My dad is an archaeologist and was working on a project there for a couple of years." He said in spanish.

message 18: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) "Oh, cool." she said, her eyes saddened slightly for a minute at the thought of her own father buried in his grave at such a young age.
"So you've guessed my type of dancing. What about you? To be honest you don't really look like the dancing type." this was the largest amount she had spoken since her parents death, and she was enjoying it so far.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

That made August smile. "Well you're not wrong. I guess i'm not the worst dancer but it isn't really my thing. I, um, kind of only took this class to get out of Sewing."

message 20: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) She scrunched her nose.
"I've never liked that stuff, it's to fiddley and takes to long. But when it comes to dancing..." she paused trailing off for a few seconds.
"It's basically my life." she said simply

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

The corner of August's mouth turned up. "Oh yeah? I'd like to see you dance then." He said.

message 22: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) The dance teacher walked in at that very second, turning off Miranda's stereo. Most teachers pandered to that every girls need, but she would sink to that level.
"Right class. I want to see each and every dancers routine" she called out sternly.
Nia smiled.
"I guess you'll get to see in a minute."
The teacher read through the list of names before calling one out.
"August. Your up first." she said, waiting for him to put the music on a begin dancing.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

August nodded, smirking slightly. He slid his c.d. into the stereo. His dance was comtemporary and he was actually pretty good. Once he finished, he winked at the teacher and strolled back to his spot to sit down.

message 24: by wanderer (last edited Sep 14, 2012 01:18PM) (new)

wanderer (chloemai) The teacher nodded her face kept stern. Without even glancing at the register she called out.
"Nia, your up." Nia stepped past August and quickly whispered.
"That was great"
Before she stepped in front of everybody. She slipped her CD in and waited for a second. She had decided to go with a more explosive dance instead of the usual dainty ones and wondered for a fleeting second whether it would be ok with the teacher. She began slow and then her suttle outbursts of speed and flexibility began. She twisted and turned, never placing a foot wrong, her most impressive move in the routine was her 3 split leaps in a row, and she didnt flatter in any of them. She continued to dance away, almost like a little fairy and the way her body moved so atuned to the music was mesmerising. The music stopped after what seemed like an eternity to her and she took a little bow before steping through the other people and sitting down next to August.
"So what did you think then?" she asked anxiously looking at him with large brown eyes.

message 25: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) ((Hey are you on?))

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

((Yeah. Sorry. No notification....))

August was smiling wide. He nodded. "That was....impressive.Do you plan to do anything with dancing when you get older?" He asked, curious on her goals.

message 27: by wanderer (last edited Sep 14, 2012 04:52PM) (new)

wanderer (chloemai) She nodded.
"I wanna be a professional Ballerina, and if I can't do that, or when I get to old for it I want to become a dance instructor." She said with a smile. She couldn't think of any better job. Getting paid for simply doing what you love.
"What about you and your goals?" she asked politely.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

August shrugged. "Well i really love history and philosophy.....but i also enjoy music a lot." He said thoughtfully. "If i don't do anything with music, i'll probably want to be an archaeologist or proffessor....something along those lines."

message 29: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) "It sounds very academic. I don't really do well in those lessons, I don't understand a word the teachers are saying, and they just think I'm plain dumb." she says with a helpless shrug.
"Nobody knows I speak Spanish apart from my dance teacher and my Spanish teacher."

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

August thought for a moment. "Well, how about this? In classes we have together, i can translate for you."

message 31: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) "That would be a good idea, but then everybody would know I couldn't speak English and was stupid for not trying. And I did try August, I honestly did. I didn't understand a word of it and the things I can say I have such a thick Spanish accent that the words can barley bee made out anyway." she was quite self concious about herself, she didn't want to be given a reason to be singled out among students. Highschool was hard enough as it was.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

August gave her a sympathetic look. "Nobody will pick on you if you need a translator. If anything, they'll be jealous that they don't sound so beautiful when they speak." He said softly.

message 33: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) She blushed, her cheeks turning pink ever so slightly.
"Ok, but what about the lessons we don't have together?" she asked curiously her brown eyes sparkling.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

August thought for a moment. "Hmm....well maybe one of the kids from spanish club could help you out?"

message 35: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) She raised an eyebrow at him.
"I tried talking to them, I don't know if it's because I have an accent in Spanish as well, or they just don't understand Spanish very well altogether but they stare at MEE like in some kind of freak when I try to make conversation.

message 36: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) ((Hey, are you on?))

message 37: by Bam (new)

Bam (bam_bam) The girl's music had been turned off and she was watching the girls dance routine with pure jealousy. Instead she walked over to the bar and began to do some stretches.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

((Sorry! I was on vacation and there was no internet.))

August chuckled. "Well they also claim to speak elvish so i wouldn't trust that they know spanish too well."

message 39: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) She smiled a little.
"I guess so. It's just I feel strange not talking to anybody."

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

"I imagine that would be very lonely." August said, studying her curiously. "So, if you dont mind me asking, why is a girl who speaks no english stuck in a place that speaks mainly english?"

message 41: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) "Oh..Well my parents and me...We were involved in the 9/11 attack.. I made it through but they died on impact." she could feel the tears beginning to well up but quickly pushed them back down.
"I lived with my grandparents in Spain for a bit but eventually they died of old age too. My only other living relatives were my aunt and uncle and they live around here. So here I am."
She shrugged slightly looking down at her feet.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

August put a hand on her shoulder comfortingly. "Well then thats just another reason for those spanish club nerds to be jealous. Because it seems like you are a much stronger person than they will ever be." He said softly. "Lets not dwell on such unpleasant things......tell me about your aunt and uncle." August wanted to take her mind off her parents and her grandparents.

message 43: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) She nodded
"Their good people, my Aunts expecting a baby at the minute so everything is quite hurried and frantic. Her due dates tomorrow I think." she paused momentarily.
"Yea, tomorrow. They are both so excited and they've wanted this baby for so long. She had about 4 miscarriages beforehand do they defiantly deserve it." she nodded and smiled.
"I'm looking forward to having a baby cousin to spoil."

((Gotta go to school now, I'll talk to ya later :3))

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

August smiled. "Thats great. Boy or girl? Have they decided on a name?"

message 45: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) "They aren't sure, at 2 of the scans they picked up 2 heartbeats, but they can't see if there are 2 babies or not. At the 2nd and third scan there was only one heartbeat but at the 1st and 4th one there were two. So really it could be anything." she said with a smile.
"But my aunt didn't want to find out the gender she wanted it to be a surprise.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well thats exciting." August said with a smile. "So, nia, do you have any other interests besides ballet?"

message 47: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) "I dabble in most other tyes of dance but Ballet is the one im best at, and its my favourite." She thinks for a minute.
"I like looking at historical stuff, like the gaudi cathedral, the Roman coliseums, great pyramids. Things like that are interesting."

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

That made August smile. "My father has dug in italy and egypt. If you like those type of things than you should come over sometime. My house is pretty much a museum."

message 49: by wanderer (new)

wanderer (chloemai) "Oh, i just love the old artifacts." She smiled wistfully.
"When i have to retire from dance doing something with historical stuff would be my ideal job."

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

August smiled widely. "Really? Well it seems we have something in common." He said with a wink.

((Sorry. Never got a notif...))

« previous 1 3