Talk About Anything That Needs Talking About discussion

Bullying

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen | 1 comments Being a retired school psychologist and the mother of 2 adopted girls with emotional disturbance issues put me in the right place at the right time to write a book called Acts of Courage. Publication is scheduled for October 2012 and while I know it won't solve the entire issue, my prayer is that it will make a difference for many children and will help save lives. Designed to be used by a teacher (school or church) with a group of children, aged 8-12, lessons include telling the truth, being kind, showing empathy. Please watch for it!

message 2: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Hi, Karen! Thank you for sharing!

message 3: by Lilsurprise (new)

Lilsurprise | 52 comments I definitly will, I will need something like this because I'm having issues on this subject.

message 4: by Victor (new)

Victor I hate bullying! I've been verbally bullied, cyber bullied, and phsically bullied. Kids are very mean these days. I'm currently being froze out of everything. Overall, people just really hate me for some reason. I'm not trying to make a sob story out of this or anything, but thought I would tell you from a 12 year old POV. I'm sure this is a wonderful book, Karen!

message 5: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Really, Victor? I had no idea that you'd endured such abuse..:( I am so sorry, my friend..

message 6: by Victor (new)

Victor Thanks, Dustin. It's not bad when you can come home to wonderful friends like you online and a nice family. I have friends in my cousins apartment complex also:D

message 7: by Victor (new)

Victor *And really thats all that matters. I go to school to learn not talk in class.:)

message 8: by Dustin (new)

Dustin You're very welcome, Victor. I'm so glad that your online friends and myself can make you feel good about yourself.:)

I truly am sorry, though... no one should have to endure bullying.

message 9: by Victor (new)

Victor Yeah no one should, but lots of people are mean.:(

message 10: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Yes, sad but true...:(

Jessica *Wise Owl* (Archery27) | 15 comments one of my friends is being bullied by like 4 people, and there seems to be no way to stop it.

message 12: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Jessica wrote: "one of my friends is being bullied by like 4 people, and there seems to be no way to stop it."

:( I am so very sorry, Jessica..

message 13: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (VeraJ121) | 24 comments I've never been bullied. But I have been teased as most people have been as a child. My daughters have not been bullied. My 13 yr old daughter's junior high school has an anti-bully group that she is apart of. Her school has a low tolerance for bullying and they take action before it gets out of hand. Kids are cruel, true. But I find that many of these kids parents enable a lot this behavior, have the same attitude, or need help with their children.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I was psychologically bullied in grade school and in high school. I actually wanted to quit because of it but my mother wouldn't let me. I was very introverted and never did stand up for myself. Skinny with braces, I was the typical outcast.

I still loved to learn, and I do have some fond memories of that time in my life. Bullying can't take that from me.