Nordic Noir discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Nominations for Author of the Month - October through December

Comments (showing 1-42 of 42) (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee, the Insanity Check (last edited Sep 20, 2012 03:00AM) (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments As previously alluded to, we are going to change our Author of the Month to allow for some advanced planning. I know that I had previously mentioned that Sara Blaedel was going to be our October author, but when I was looking, I realized that she only had 2 books released in English currently (the third is due out in December), so she isn't eligible right now.

So nominations are open for the next three months. Please nominate who you would like to read, and once the voting is complete, the authors with the top 3 number of votes will be our upcoming authors.

As a reminder, must have at least 2 books published in English prior to the month that they are scheduled

Nominations will be open until the 24th, and then we will vote through the 29th.

Nominations
Helene Tursten
Anne Holt
Sara Blaedel
Maj Sjöwall

message 2: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments i guess i'm going to throw up a nomination then, since everyone seems to be quiet...

Helene Tursten

message 3: by Naomi, the Sanity Check (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) | 932 comments I am thinking Anne Holt. I just grabbed her book from the library last night.

message 4: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments is it one of her earlier ones Naomi? I read like book 8, but saw that her other ones were supposed to be released later on this year

message 5: by Naomi, the Sanity Check (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) | 932 comments It is http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

I am not seeing the version I have on the drop down menu

message 6: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments nice! I was so confused in the one I read...so looking forward to this one

message 7: by Naomi, the Sanity Check (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) | 932 comments It is out.

message 8: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments I just saw and my library has it in...plus it looks like all her other books are now available in english

message 9: by Naomi, the Sanity Check (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) | 932 comments Hey Dee...Amazon has Sara Blaedel's new book Farewell to Freedom coming out Dec. 2nd. Technically she could be author of the month in December.

message 10: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments it wasn't showing that date yesterday...lol!

message 11: by Naomi, the Sanity Check (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) | 932 comments Suuurrreeee! lol

message 12: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments it wasn't I swear!! lol!

message 13: by Naomi, the Sanity Check (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) | 932 comments Uhhh, huhhh!! lol

message 14: by Helen (new)

Helen | 15 comments Has James Thompson been author of the month yet? If nor I nominate him.

message 15: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments Yep he was back in march

message 16: by Helen (new)

Helen | 15 comments sorry

message 17: by Naomi, the Sanity Check (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) | 932 comments Dee, where is Quentin? Does he have #3 out yet?

message 18: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments Not that I know of - next year I think...

message 19: by Susan (last edited Sep 14, 2012 05:18PM) (new)

Susan (SusanThomas) | 146 comments No suggestions from me this time. I teach and with classes back in session my (pleasure) reading time is serverly curtailed. Looks like I'll be and observer for a while, rather than a participant.

message 20: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments It's like crickets on nominations... I know there are more out there...

message 21: by Naomi, the Sanity Check (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) | 932 comments We can put SB back on the list, Dee

message 22: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments its like crickets...c'mon - you guys must have more ideas...

message 23: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments ok, so talking to naomi - we are going to make a change - in order for an author to be eligible they need to have only 2 books released in English - hopefully this will broaden our options and find some new authors ;)

let the mad rush for nominations begin...

message 24: by Naomi, the Sanity Check (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) | 932 comments Dee...do you want to throw Quentin in or save him for the Author Celebration for March we were talking about. are we sliding Sara into the Dec. slot?

message 25: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments I think slide Sara in for December and Q for March

message 26: by Naomi, the Sanity Check (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) | 932 comments I agree. Do you want to write something up on Author of Month or do you want me to?

message 27: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments could you please ;) i'm going to be away from my computer for the next few hours

message 28: by Naomi, the Sanity Check (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) | 932 comments Yeah, give me some time.

message 29: by Lili (new)

Lili | 28 comments How about Maj Sjöwall

message 30: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments added ;)

message 31: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth8921) | 20 comments Dee wrote: "As previously alluded to, we are going to change our Author of the Month to allow for some advanced planning. I know that I had previously mentioned that Sara Blaedel was going to be our October a..."

How about Indridason "OutRage"

message 32: by Naomi, the Sanity Check (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) | 932 comments We can also do Lars Kepler under the new rules. Also, Hakan Nesser. Did we do him already?

message 33: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments we did do Hakan - in March maybe...

message 34: by Naomi, the Sanity Check (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) | 932 comments Oh, that is right because I tried to get the book then.

message 35: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments i only remember cause I bought the audiobook and never listened - but I am right now - not bad, but I have images of Lizzie Borden in my head

message 36: by Naomi, the Sanity Check (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) | 932 comments Which book?

message 37: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments Borkmann's Point- the person is an axe murderer and I have the lizzie borden took an axe ditty stuck in my head

message 38: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthas48) I think I bought Mind's Eye for my Kindle, but didn't have time to read it then. I will try to participate, but won't nominate. I'll just try to find a book by chosen authors. I have yet to read one in this genre that I haven't liked ... not that I've read that many.

message 39: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 5 comments I will nominate Maj Sjowall.

message 40: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth8921) | 20 comments I too nominate Maj Sjowall

message 41: by Diane S ☔ (new)

Diane S ☔ I'm with the Maj Sjowall group. Tired of Roseanne staring at me.

message 42: by Susan (new)

Susan (SusanThomas) | 146 comments Any interest here in Liza Marklund? I bought Red Wolf this summer and would love to pull it off the shelf.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.