Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Organising Followers

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Petra X (new)

Petra X (PetraX) | 5937 comments I would like to be able to organise followers like friends, or at least by last on line, or by date they began following. Every now and again I like to check on Followers to see if they are still active on GR, what they are reading etc.

message 2: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (weareattached) | 36 comments From the friends page you can click on "My Followers" in the top right hand side. That list shows you when they last marked something as Currently Reading. That might help weed out a few.

message 3: by Petra X (new)

Petra X (PetraX) | 5937 comments Thanks Brittany but it doesn't really because if I look at a few as I often do, when I come back that has changed and I can't remember who I've looked at. If it was even alphabetical that would help.

message 4: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (theholyterror) | 445 comments Staff never responded to this one but I really think it's a great idea. I'd love to be able to sort my followers like I can my friends.

message 5: by Rita (last edited Aug 19, 2013 11:46PM) (new)

Rita (RitaLB) | 407 comments +1 OP and it would be ideal if you could make "tags" on friends and followers as well, just like you do with books. That would definitely help me, even if I don't have that many followers (at least compared to other users).

message 6: by Shannon (last edited Aug 19, 2013 11:55PM) (new)

Shannon (theholyterror) | 445 comments Rita wrote: "+1 OP and it would be ideal if you could make "tags" on friends and followers as well, just like you do with books. That would definitely help me, even if I don't have that many followers (at least compared to other users)."

Oh, did you know you can sort of do that for friends? Since we're friends, go to my profile. Under my About Me box it says "Write a Story," click on that and you'll get a new page ... I'm not sure if that's what you mean by "tagging" though? If that is, you should also know that the other person will get a message about it and it's displayed on your profile somewhere ... but I'm not sure if that's public or not. When I click on it for you at the bottom it says: "Rita will be asked to verify your story before it is displayed on your profile." You can try it with me if you want to see how it works and I'll let you know what sort of message I get, if that's the sort of thing you were thinking of.

message 7: by Rita (new)

Rita (RitaLB) | 407 comments The Holy Terror wrote: "Rita wrote: "+1 OP and it would be ideal if you could make "tags" on friends and followers as well, just like you do with books. That would definitely help me, even if I don't have that many follow..."

Ok! :)
No, I was not aware of that option. :)
I just tried it with you. It is kind of what I mean, except that i would like to see that "tagging" not on the profile itself, but rather where I have my list of friends / followers, if that makes sense? To me it would be more over-view-y. Also I would find it nicer if the tagging was "one way" - as the tag may not necessarily make sense to both parties.

I haven't received a message (maybe you haven't tested yet ;-))

message 8: by Shannon (last edited Aug 20, 2013 01:38AM) (new)

Shannon (theholyterror) | 445 comments Hmm, I didn't get an email (I might've set it up that way, I forgot to check, whoops!) No notification either though.

I went to your profile and clicked on the story thing and it showed what you wrote and I approved it.

ETA: Oh, I see, it shows under your profile pic on my profile as "Friend Details" then when you hover over it shows what you wrote.

message 9: by Rita (new)

Rita (RitaLB) | 407 comments The Holy Terror wrote: "Hmm, I didn't get an email (I might've set it up that way, I forgot to check, whoops!) No notification either though.

I went to your profile and clicked on the story thing and it showed what you w..."

When I go to your profile I don't see "Friend Details" (at least I haven't spottet it yet) -- I do see it it when I go to my list of friends :)
When I go to your profile I see a red message that says "This story is approved."

I wonder what it would show if the friend does not approve - it probably wouldn't show anything? In any case it would be nice if approvals were not required!

Thanks for helping out! :-)

message 10: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (theholyterror) | 445 comments Rita wrote: "When I go to your profile I don't see "Friend Details" (at least I haven't spottet it yet) -- I do see it it when I go to my list of friends :)"

I think I would have to do the same thing for it to show up under my pic on your profile. It's a weird feature, lol. I'm not sure anyone uses it.

And no problem : )

message 11: by Rita (new)

Rita (RitaLB) | 407 comments The Holy Terror wrote: "Rita wrote: "When I go to your profile I don't see "Friend Details" (at least I haven't spottet it yet) -- I do see it it when I go to my list of friends :)"

I think I would have to do the same th..."

That's what friends are for! ;-)