Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Avatar 2, Avatar 3 and Avatar 4 The Prequel

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pickle (new)

Pickle | 132 comments http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/s...

with the recent news of The Hobbit being separated into 3 films, it has now been announced for a further 3 Avatar movies.

I have to admit that i am nowhere near excited by this prospect :(

message 2: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 9586 comments wow, i totally thought this was an onion article ...

message 3: by Tom (new)

Tom | 4505 comments Yeah, I remember reading about this a while back, something to the effect of Cameron saying that he's basically in the AVATAR business from now on.

Whatever. Who am I kidding -- I'll probably go, to IMAX 3D screenings with large popcorn. Mr. Cameron does serve up the visual splendor and kickass action sequences. If only he'd hire an actual writer to add some life to his dialogue.

message 4: by Phillip (last edited Sep 10, 2012 10:29AM) (new)

Phillip | 9586 comments ;)

i still haven't seen the first one ... do you think i'd like it?

message 5: by Tom (new)

Tom | 4505 comments I'd say only see it if you can go the full IMAX 3D hog. Or rent it on BluRay, make some popcorn, crank up the volume, and try not to take it as seriously as it takes itself.

message 6: by Robert (new)

Robert Beveridge (xterminal) Tom wrote: "Yeah, I remember reading about this a while back, something to the effect of Cameron saying that he's basically in the AVATAR business from now on."

That's too bad--the documentary path he'd started down was actually buying time off his sentence in purgatory for the 1988-1997 years.

message 7: by Tom (new)

Tom | 4505 comments Let's face it here -- Cameron's only ever really been in the AVATAR business.

message 8: by Robert (new)

Robert Beveridge (xterminal) Tom wrote: "Let's face it here -- Cameron's only ever really been in the AVATAR business."

Flying piranha. FLYING PIRANHA.