Books + Movies + Tv Shows = Awesome!!! discussion

The books, movies and TV group > Band of Brothers/ The Pacific

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie Rainey Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Has anyone seen these miniseries? Both series have a close place in my heart as I had ancestors in both theaters of war. Two made it home, one didn't.

message 2: by L (new)

L No i have not seen this. But, on the same genre i would say that i loved the film 'Saving Private Ryan' with actor Tom Hanks. It is set during the second world war and is very realistic, and i love the storyline of how he searches for this one soldier - to have something to hold onto.

Both my Grandparents were in the second world war; my Grandfather building aircrafts and my Grandmother at Sir Winston Churchill's side helping to make the maps of where they would bomb Germany. My Great Grandparents were in the first world war, and sadly my great grandfather died in the Somme going 'over the top' onto No Mans Land.

Both wars are of great significance to many, hence they should not be forgotten & there are some fantastic films.

message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie Rainey Saving Private Ryan is a good one. It wasn't until I met my husband that I started to really watch war movies. History had always interested me but I was more interested in the stuff on the history channel. However since then I've seen a ton of war movies.

That's amazing what your family did. I have some digital copies of old family letters from those who served in WWI but only one from WWII. It really paints a neat picture of what the world was like back then and the things they went through. Most of the letters are from soldiers to a female ancestor of mine. Apparently she was quite popular. :)