SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Archive: Past Team Challenges > R6: Team #14 ~ Rapturous Readers

Comments (showing 1-50 of 276) (276 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (last edited Sep 13, 2012 06:48PM) (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 24816 comments Team #14
Captain: Megan L

Members:
Mary
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Laura
Megan L
Emily
Dawn

message 2: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 24816 comments Virtual BINGO Card
Shelf names listed are to be filled in top to bottom under each letter listed

B
1. shifters
2. *First-in-series
3. psychic
4. *New2You: author
5. ghosts
I
6. favorite-series
7. Goodreads-author
8. demons
9. paranormal-fantasy
10. young-adult-paranormal
N
11. dragons
12. *Reader's Choice
N#. FREE SPACE
13. urban-fantasy
14. angels
G
15. kick-ass-heroine
16. *Favorite Author
17. vampires
18. paranormal-romance
19. male-lead
O
20. 2012
21. *Series Catch-Up
22. magic
23. sci-fi-romance
24. dark-fantasy

message 3: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (last edited Nov 20, 2012 05:18AM) (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 24816 comments Link to print your own copy: BINGO card

SOS book shelf bingo card

message 4: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 24816 comments ...

message 5: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 24816 comments ...

message 6: by Megan L (new)

Megan L Harnett Hello Team!

So we need a team name and a team captain. I would like to be team captain if nobody else minds. I am on this site all the time so I am always available for updating.

As far as team names the only thing I can think of is Rapturous Readers

I am not good at picking names so I am not attached to this one. Anybody else have any ideas? I am looking forward to playing with everybody!

Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave (HarryDresdensLoveSlave) | 2082 comments Hello. I was going to say that I don't want to be captain since I was last time and am captain in the Dance Party game of another group.

I like Rapturous Readers. I suck at coming up with good names.

message 8: by Emily (new)

Emily | 109 comments The team name sounds good to me. Megan - sound good to me if you want to be captain.

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura | 749 comments Hey Team! Sorry it took me so long to come by. I like Rapturous Readers for a team name :)

message 10: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 24816 comments I fixed your card, ladies. O23 should have been 'sci-fi-romance', but was listed initially as 'sci-fi-fantasy'. Thanks for the catch.

Happy Reading, ladies!

message 11: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawn_E) | 185 comments Hi!
Megan I'm good with you being captain. I like rapturous readers as well.

message 12: by Megan L (last edited Nov 14, 2012 01:29PM) (new)

Megan L Harnett Ok Well I am going to save this space for our results.

Wildcard
1. Mary: His Darkest Hunger/Juliana Stone - SOS Group Shelf- 9/18/12 - 3 Stars- review
2. Sassy-Amy: Retribution/Sherrilyn Kenyon - SOS August 2011 New Releases - 11/14/12 - 3 Stars - review
3. Laura: Kitty and the Silver Bullet/Carrie Vaughn - SOS Shelf - 9/29/12 - 5 Stars - review
4. Megan L:Biting Cold/Chloe Neill - SOS BOM Oct - 9/26/12 - 5 Stars - review
5. Emily: Love Me to Death/Allison Brennan - SOS Group Shelf - 10/19/12 - 5 Stars - review
6. Dawn: Immortal Rider/Larissa Ione - SOS Group Shelf - 9/27/12 - 3 Stars - review

Week One
Shelf: kick-ass heroine
1. Mary: Smokin' Seventeen/Janet Evanovich - 9/22/12 - 1 Star - review
2. Sassy-Amy: Time Untime/Sherrilyn Kenyon - 9/16/12 - 3 Stars - review
3. Laura: Spider's Bite/Jennifer Estep - 9/20/12 - 5 Stars - review
4. Megan L:Dragon Actually/G.A. Aiken - 9/23/12 - 3 Stars - review
5. Emily: The Gamble/Kristen Ashley - 9/17/12 - 5 Stars - review
6. Dawn: Dark Kiss/Michelle Rowen - 9/16/12 - 3.5 Stars - review

♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡ | 494 comments OH MY GOSH! I was thinking this was round #7, so I just got that we have teams now!!

message 14: by Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave (last edited Sep 14, 2012 06:05AM) (new)

Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave (HarryDresdensLoveSlave) | 2082 comments We seem to have a quiet team. Anyone worried about finding a book for a specific shelf? They all seem to be the same from last time. I don't see any that will give me a problem.

message 15: by Megan L (new)

Megan L Harnett I am playing this game in another group but this is my first round with SOS. I have a silly stupid question. If the shelf has a "*" next to it does that mean it is reader's choice. For example: *New2You author. Does that mean I read a book from a new author that I haven't read before?

message 16: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 20706 comments Megan, that is exactly what it means.

Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave (HarryDresdensLoveSlave) | 2082 comments Yes the starred ones are personal shelves where you just have to read a book that meets the criteria.

message 18: by Megan L (new)

Megan L Harnett Ok. That is what I thought and I just wanted to make sure! :) I am looking forward to getting started!

Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave (HarryDresdensLoveSlave) | 2082 comments Where is everyone?

1st shelf is: Kick-ass Heroine. I'll be back with my selection.

message 20: by Megan L (last edited Sep 15, 2012 03:25PM) (new)

Megan L Harnett Hi Ladies,

Sorry I am late to the party but I was out apple picking today! So I am going to read the book Dragon Actually by G.A. Aiken. It meet the requirements for this game and CCC's Bingo this week so two birds with one stone! :)

Happy Reading

Oh I am also going to read Biting Cold by Chloe Neill for the Free space.

message 21: by Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave (last edited Sep 16, 2012 12:34PM) (new)

Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave (HarryDresdensLoveSlave) | 2082 comments I think I am going to read for the free space because I can use it for my Dance Party song this week:

Assassin's Heart (Order of the Sicari, #2) by Monica Burns SOS bookshelf

and for kick-ass heroine because I am behind in the Nalini Singh challenge (as in I've read none): Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling, #4) by Nalini Singh

message 22: by ♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡ (last edited Sep 15, 2012 04:53PM) (new)

♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡ | 494 comments Kick Ass Heroine

Time Untime (Dark-Hunter, #17; Hellchaser, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Free Space

I have NO idea...

message 23: by Emily (new)

Emily | 109 comments For some reason I cant seem to find the requirements for the free space. Can you let me know where to look for the requirements? Thanks

message 24: by Megan L (new)

Megan L Harnett Hi Emily,

Here are the requirements for the free space

(1) An SOS Book of the Month: Any month while the game is in play

OR

(2) A book off of any of the group's new release thread folder or the group's new release thread archive folder: Any book listed on one of the new release threads; no matter the date of release

OR

(3) A book off of the group's bookshelf: Any shelf or tag; No date restriction - books added at anytime may be chosen

message 25: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6130 comments The full comments are here, Free Space Rules.

It's mostly the same as a regular shelf, but don't forget this part: Be sure to post on your team's thread: which book you chose for FREE SPACE credit, which of the three options above you used to pick your book, your rating and your review once you've read it.

message 26: by Emily (new)

Emily | 109 comments I am not sure which book I want to read for our free space. I am going to read The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1) by Kristen Ashley

message 27: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawn_E) | 185 comments I will post what I'll be reading tomorrow. I'm not home and trying to figure out what to read using my phone is taking forever.

message 28: by Laura (new)

Laura | 749 comments I will be reading Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep

message 29: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawn_E) | 185 comments For my Free space: Immortal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #2) by Larissa Ione -this is on the group bookshelf

Dark Kiss (Nightwatchers, #1) by Michelle Rowen for kick ass heroine

message 30: by Emily (new)

Emily | 109 comments I am going to read Love Me to Death (Lucy Kincaid, #1) by Allison Brennan for the free space

message 31: by Megan L (new)

Megan L Harnett Emily wrote: "I am going to read Love Me to Death (Lucy Kincaid, #1) by Allison Brennan for the free space"

Hi Emily- what shelf did you get this off of?

message 32: by Emily (new)

Emily | 109 comments It is off the group bookshelf

message 33: by ♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡ (last edited Sep 16, 2012 08:31PM) (new)

♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡ | 494 comments Emily wrote: "I am going to read Love Me to Death (Lucy Kincaid, #1) by Allison Brennan for the free space"

Good choice! I was considering that one too! I think I might wait to see how you liked it first, though! I have them all & I keep looking at them... wondering when to start.

message 34: by ♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡ (last edited Sep 16, 2012 07:05PM) (new)

♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡ | 494 comments Time Untime (Dark-Hunter, #17; Hellchaser, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Shelf ~ Kick Ass Heroine
Date Finished ~09/16/12
Rating ~★★★☆☆

This was a great book, but comparing it to all of her other books, this was only a 3 star. The premise was great, but some things were over played & some were forgotten.

This is about Ren (a Keetoowah warrior & dark-hunter) born from a mayan king & a goddess. He works with Kateri an anthopologist or whatever her phd is in... It is her destiny to reset time or the gates to the underworld will be opened & all of the demons & demon gods will be released on earth, ending it.

Ren was a stutterer, so he was treated & called retarded all of his life in his mayan world. His brother betrayed him anytime he was seen in a good perspective by his family. No one ever treated him with kindness... Until Kateri comes around & thinks he's one hot guy!

The present story opens up as Kateri receives a rock from another professor who she just found out was killed. It's stolen by force. I had a problem with that whole part of the book, because that issue was never resolved. That rock opened a gate. I have no idea how in the HEA that problem should have ever been mentioned or if it is a rollover to another book??? It's a precursor to all of these events in the book, but that & the death of Fernando were never really given the time they should have gotten??? (forgotten)

Also, this book was full (at least 1/3) of visions & memories/flashbacks... AND self loathing with a woman reassuring the man the whole time... OK! (overplayed).

It started out really good, but by the time I was near the end, I was tired of hearing about it. Thank god it didn't end with the victim taking pity on his torturers... I think I would have thrown it across the room!

message 35: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawn_E) | 185 comments Great job! I will post my review later this evening

♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡ | 494 comments Free Space

I think... cuz I looked in the group bookshelf for Ashley...

Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1) by Kristen Ashley

If not, tell me because I am currently reading them anyway.... Nothing else sounds good right now...

Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave (HarryDresdensLoveSlave) | 2082 comments OK I am changing my free space book to:

His Darkest Hunger (Jaguar Warriors, #1) by Juliana Stone

it's on the SOS shelf.

I will probably read my free space shelf first because it works for another team challenge I'm doing. That one won't last nearly as long as this so I don't want to get behind.

message 38: by Emily (new)

Emily | 109 comments I just finished The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1) by Kristen Ashley 9/17. I am rating it a five. I started the book yesterday and finished it today. I couldnt put it down. I love the characters of Nina and Max. Nina's character was my favorite. She was a take no crap from anyone and was a great strong lead. Cant wait to read more of Kristen Ashley's books. I have heard great things about her books and I totally agree and would recommend her. The book started off great with Nina and Max meeting and then different crazy things that happened with both of their pasts and some situations that happened in town. The ending of the book finding out who did everything really was great. I couldn't believe it when I read it. Overall awesome book.

♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡ | 494 comments Emily wrote: "I just finished The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1) by Kristen Ashley 9/17. I am rating it a five..."

All her books are sooooo good! I noticed in the rock chick book, the romance is muted in comparison to her other series. I am almost done with that one as well.

message 40: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6130 comments ♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡ wrote: "Free Space

I think... cuz I looked in the group bookshelf for Ashley...

Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1) by Kristen Ashley

If not, tell me because I am currently reading them anyway.... Nothing else sounds good right now..."

Did you find the book or the author on the shelf? The book needs to be there...sorry, I didn't spot it.

♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡ | 494 comments well... This free shelf is frustrating me trying to go through every book. I may wait for a while before I pick one... if I do specific searches, it takes me to all these different challenges & not applying to free shelves... Not much of a choice out of the 800 plus books I have yet to read that I actually own... soooooo i'll just wait till I get in the mood for a book...no biggie. I read fast & n ones winning yet...

message 42: by ♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡ (last edited Sep 19, 2012 07:02AM) (new)

♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡ | 494 comments free space
Retribution (Dark-Hunter, #16; Were-Hunter, #8) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Link to whereever I found this!

Since I read Time Untime, I figue I better back track to catch up... I'm in the middle of other books right now, so I'll get to this is a couple days or so. I read fast, so it doesn't really matter when I get to it... Just talking to myself there...

message 43: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 20706 comments ♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡ wrote: "well... This free shelf is frustrating me trying to go through every book. I may wait for a while before I pick one... if I do specific searches, it takes me to all these different challenges & not..."

Amy pick a book and just see if its on the SOS bookshelf, there are about 2000 books. It doesn't have to be on any particular shelf and shouldn't be taking you to any challenges. Not sure what you're doing, LOL???????

♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡ | 494 comments Sandra wrote: "Amy pick a book and just see if its on the SOS bookshelf, there are about 2000 books. It doesn't have to be on any particular shelf and shouldn't be taking you to any challenges. Not sure what you're doing, LOL??????? i>

OH! Since she needs to know where I found it, I made my own links, so I can find them again... It's just temporary!! I was laughing too!

message 45: by ♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡ (last edited Sep 18, 2012 06:35AM) (new)

♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡ | 494 comments HA! They all work now! I pasted 2 http:// so they didn't work! I'm just trying to figure out what I have that looks good to read. I'm in a funk...No biggie. I had no where else to put my options, so unfortunately you have to look at them until I decide & edit my post! HAHAHAHA!!!! That's what ingenious ideas you get around 3 am!!

I'm sure everyone is going to think I am totally psycho by the time I figure out my free space book!

Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave (HarryDresdensLoveSlave) | 2082 comments I just pick a few from my TBR that I want to read soon that are paranormal and likely to be on the SOS shelf. Usually one is on there.

Anyone can add books to the group shelf. At this point it probably be considered bad play if you added one and then read it for the free space. But I'm thinking if say the latest book of a series hadn't been added yet or one was missed and you added it and read it no one would say anything. If the rest of the series on the shelf it makes sense to add one that's missing.

Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave (HarryDresdensLoveSlave) | 2082 comments The benefit of getting the free space done fairly quickly is that it's smack dab in the middle and so helps with multiple possible bingos.

But I'm only reading mine first because I need the same book for another group challenge where the week restarts on Wed.

message 48: by Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave (last edited Sep 18, 2012 07:10AM) (new)

Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave (HarryDresdensLoveSlave) | 2082 comments If anyone needs a dragons book and likes erotica this is free on Amazon right now:

Dragon's Kiss (Shadow of the Dragon, #1) by Tielle St. Clare

ETA: I can't remember if the page minimum is 150 or 200. This book has 186.

message 49: by Dawn (last edited Sep 18, 2012 05:34PM) (new)

Dawn (dawn_E) | 185 comments Book ~ Dark Kiss (Nightwatchers, #1) by Michelle Rowen
Shelf ~ Kick Ass Heroine
Date Finished ~09/16/12
Rating ~★★★ 1/2
Dark Kiss is a new and unique twist on the angel concept. I enjoyed this book but didnt love it.

I really liked the characters and they resonated with me. The team of angels and demons that Bishop gathered together to fight the "grays" were interesting; Kraven with his crass sarcasm, Zach with his sweet and truly angelic ways, Roth who was just plain scary, and Connor who seemed to be the enlightened one of the group. Each of them added something extra to the story, each person was a piece of the puzzle aka mission. Sam and Bishop were a bit much at times but Kraven and Sam,who were like oil and water, cracked me up. It was really an interesting twist with the balance between demons and angels in this story, and it made their mission a real trial for all of them. I am looking forward to the next book as the ending leaves you wanting for more!!

message 50: by Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave (last edited Sep 18, 2012 04:56PM) (new)

Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave (HarryDresdensLoveSlave) | 2082 comments Dawn you should put a link to the book or the book title and author somewhere in your review post.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6