Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) Under the Never Sky discussion

Aria - her mother & father **SPOILERS!!**

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leela (last edited Sep 09, 2012 11:45PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leela Aria describes the different way in which babies are born in reverie, no longer in the 'old fashioned' conventional way (women no longer even menstruate). So I'm curious how her mum would have fallen pregnant to the outsider?

Do you think the book is implying the mother 'illegally' impregnated herself in the modern way of reverie, taking advantage of the facilities she would have had access to? OR that she a romantic relationship with the outsider? If it is was in fact, in the old fashioned way, then how would Arias unique singing ability have been genetically engineered?

Do you think it's possible that her singing ability is NOT genetically engineered, but rather the sign of a 2nd heightened sense (which would mean she is actually a scire)?

Rufayda omg so many questions waiting to be answered lol

Georjandavis msdivbf wrote: "I think Aria may have been conceived naturally, because her mother's always asking her to sing to her - could be her mother remembering her father/reliving her memories with him?"

This is what I was thinking too! I hope we get the answered we need, this is bugging me!!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Never even thought of that but good question!

Jessica This is an EXCELLENT question. I never thought about this before. I do think Aria voice is natural(not genetically engineered). My thinking is that is why her mother loved it so much, because it was hers naturally. Still doesn't answer the question of how Aria was conceived and why the government allowed Lumina to have a child that way? How did Lumina trick them when it came to Aria? Aria did say that it was different that she didn't have a father.

I don't think Aria has another sense. Perry is a Scire and Seer and Aria completes the talents as an Audile. There children would have all 3 senses.

While I don't think Aria has another sense, I always wondered if Aria as an addition power with her Audile sense. Perry sees better at night and Roar can read minds when touching. What extra ability can Aria have??

message 6: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Nelson **BOOK TWO SPOILERS***
Has anyone every thought of the possibility of her father being a scire (maybe even Reef as a possible candidate ) and her having the natural ability to imitate sounds like she did with the wolves? I like the idea of her voice not being genetically engineered, but her extra little side-power

Stéphanie Leela wrote: "Aria describes the different way in which babies are born in reverie, no longer in the 'old fashioned' conventional way (women no longer even menstruate). So I'm curious how her mum would have fall..."

she is an audire. if you read the second book, more things will become clear. I believe that her singing ability is actually genetically engineered.

Stéphanie Jessica wrote: "This is an EXCELLENT question. I never thought about this before. I do think Aria voice is natural(not genetically engineered). My thinking is that is why her mother loved it so much, because it wa..."

read the second book.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Alyssa wrote: "**BOOK TWO SPOILERS***
Has anyone every thought of the possibility of her father being a scire (maybe even Reef as a possible candidate ) and her having the natural ability to imitate sounds like ..."

Aria is an Audile, where are you getting scire from?