St. Augustine's Hospital For the Mentally Deranged discussion

Boys' Dorms > 103: Mark Jacobson & Acelyn Vile

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ~Mark Jacobson & Acelyn Vile~

message 2: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) Oh dear, Paranoia and Kleptomania? This ought to be fun....

message 3: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) And Mark hates it when people touch his stuff, he goes crazy... Well, crazier than he normally is :P

message 4: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) Oh dear...What's he going to do when things go missing?

message 5: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Who knows? BEWARE!!!

message 6: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Mark sat on the floor in the middle of the room, watching the door and muttering quietly to himself. They couldn't lock the doors for safety reasons and the heavy furniture was nailed to the floor, but he was determined to protect himself. His only weapons were a pen and a flat slab of wood that he had ripped off the bottom on his bed, but that was all he needed. Mark would do whatever it took to keep himself safe. He wasn't going to let people use him then leave him to die, like his adoptive parents. Kelsey was right, the only way he was leaving was if she came with him.

message 7: by sydney (new)

sydney Kelsey slipped through the halls and she walked passed the men who watched the dorms. Girls were not generally allowed down in the Boy's Dorms, but she became an exception when they realized how helpful she was to Mark. She peeked over her shoulder for a minute to see the chained up clown Ana was pulling along, Ana had said it was 'for safety purposes only', but Kelsey wasn't stupid.
She walked down the familiar hallway until she reached Mark's room. Kelsey knocked and then waited. "Mark, it's only me and Ana.."

message 8: by sydney (new)

sydney ((ADENAAAAA))

message 9: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Mark nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard her on the other side of the door. He slid the plank of wood behind his back, knowing that Kelsey wouldn't approve. "Make sure nobody else is in the hallway, then come in quickly and close the door behind you," he said quietly. His empty hand was tapping rapidly on the floor. He hadn't been this panicky in weeks and right now, Kelsey was the only person he could tolerate.

message 10: by sydney (new)

sydney Kelsey looked around her, seeing no one besides Ana and her possible sex slave, she slipped into the room locking out anyone who would have tried to enter. She immediately ran over to Mark's side, the girl inside of her wanted to wrap her arms around him and make every bad thing go away. Just kiss some happiness into him. But the logical and smart friend inside of her knew that Mark would never love her that way and doing that to him would only cause more problems. She didn't want to lose her friend for something as stupid as a crush.
Kelsey knelt by him and looked at Mark closely. She handed him the glass of cold water that had been sitting on his bedside table. "Drink."

message 11: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Mark glanced at the glass of water and shook his head. "No thanks. That wasn't in here this morning and I don't know who put it there," he said. Who knew what could be in that innocent-looking glass of water? You could never be too careful. Mark could fell Kelsey's gaze, but didn't look at her, he didn't want to see whatever emotion was in her eyes. He refused to let his resolve break. He shivered a little, the floor was cold, but he wasn't ready to move. Mark knew that one of the nurses would come and check on him eventually, but he had already decided that he wasn't going to take anything they tried to give him.

message 12: by sydney (new)

sydney Kelsey lifted Mark's chin ever so gently, she quickly moved her hands back away from him so she wouldn't bother him. Kelsey took a sip of the water, making sure that he was watching her, just to show him that it was safe to drink. "Please Mark.." She pleaded with her endlessly lovely eyes. "For me?"
She sighed sadly, it hurt so bad to see him in one of his panics, she wanted more than anything to protect him.

message 13: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Mark watched her closely, not minding the brief contact. Well that was a stupid thing to do, he thought as she drank the water. The poison may be slow to spread. But if she Kelsey died, Mark would have no reason for living either, so he might as well take a chance. They would either both live or both die. With a slightly shaking hand, Mark took the glass of water from her hand and drank a little. He handed it back to her when he was done. "Thanks. You didn't have to come here you know," he said, staring forwards again.

message 14: by sydney (new)

sydney Kelsey shook her head and laughed just barely. "Of course I did. I can't be anywhere but by your side." She smiled at him, trying to help his mood. "We are best friends, I will always be here for you."
She looked down at her hands and then back up at Mark. Her heart did that same childish flutter as it always did when she saw him. She reached out to him hesitantly and then laced her fingers through his. Her pulse quickened and she gave him a comforting squeeze, though this time she didn't let go.

message 15: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Mark frowed and looked down at their entwined fingers. His automatic reaction was to pull away from her as quickly as possible and his brain was sending all kinds of warning signs, but for some reason he didn't. Hiolding hands was a completely foreign concept for him and he was extrememly uncomfortable, but the look on Kelsey's face told him not to let go. He realized for the first time that he cared about Kelsey more than he cared about his own self-preservation. "I have no idea what I'm doing," he said, still looking down at their hands. "I've never done this before."

message 16: by sydney (new)

sydney Kelsey gave him a small smile and she moved her hand away from him, knowing he must be feeling wildly uncomfortable. "It's okay, holding hands is just weird anyway.."
She ran her now free hand through her hair and then watched him for a moment. "Are you feeling better now?" She had to know, there was just every part of her that always worried for him. And when she was with him that schizo part of her could be momentarily locked away to save him.

message 17: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Mark put his hands in his lap, twirling the pen between his slender fingers. He was feeling a little calmer but there was still something weighing on his mind. He nodded in response to Kelsey's question though. After a few moments of tense silence, Mark turned to face her fully for the first time since she had come in. "What if that letter was real? Do you think it really could have been from my mother?"

message 18: by sydney (new)

sydney "I can't imagine it being real. These nurses are evil like the rest of the world." Kelsey replied with her true thoughts. She rested backwards on her hands. "That's why we can't trust anyone but each other. We don't know what agendas other people have, but we have each other. No matter what."
Kelsey sighed a bit sadly and watched Mark, those words about having one another was one of the first things that Preston had said to her when they were together.

message 19: by sydney (new)

sydney ((Adena baby cakes?))

message 20: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ((Sorry! I'm back!))

Mark nodded again. "You're right. Everything they say is a lie." He gave her a small smile. "I probably wouldn't be able to survive in here without you," he told her. He laid back on the floor and looked up at the ceiling. "We'll get out out of here together someday, I know we will," he said.

message 21: by sydney (new)

sydney Kelsey crawled over by Mark and laid down on the sterile floors next to him. She took his hand once more, wanting that tiny slice of comfort that it provided her when she had the opportunity to hold him. She didn't touch him in any other way, just the small touch of their hands. "I hope that day is soon. I want to get out of here and there is no one else I would rather escape with."

message 22: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Mark's smile widened. Holding hands still felt awkward to him, but not in a bad way. It was just different. She turned his head to look at her. She really was pretty. Sure, a little rough around the edges, but everyone in here was like that. He wasn't sure if he liked her as more than a friend, his paranoid personality got in the way of that, but he trusted her more than anyone else in the world. Mark honestly couldn't imagine life without her.

message 23: by sydney (new)

sydney Kelsey turned her head to looked at Mark who was currently looking at her, her chocolate honey eyes met his delightfully blue ones. She smiled a but shyly and then returned her gaze to the ceiling. She smiled to herself and sighed a bit, if only the doctors knew. Physical contact between the patients, opposite sex or not, was strictly forbidden. They didn't want any of the children to sneak off and make more crazies.

St. Augustine's Hospital For the Mentally Deranged

unread topics | mark unread