Shoujo Manga Book Club discussion

Manga > Papillon

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Has anyone read this series? It's by Miwa Ueda, the same mangaka of Peach Girl. I absolutely love it. It's about a shy, unconfident girl who always feels overshadowed by her twin sister. Eventually, Ageha (the main character) runs into the school counselor and he helps her find her confidence. However, her sister is determined to put her back down again and destroy her life and happiness. It's a cute, short series.

Papillon, well Del Rey really, makes me so mad, though. It's been two years since the 5/6 volume omnibus has been released and volumes 7 and 8 still have not been released in America. Why not?! Gah, it's so frustrating! I fear I might never finish the series. >:(

message 2: by Selena (new)

Selena (sailorstar165) | 1858 comments Mod
I read the first one long long ago. The library sadly doesn't have any more of them.

The art was beautiful. I would read more if I could get a hold of it.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I know http://mangafox.me/manga/papillon_han... has volumes 1-8 (which means I can finally read volumes 7 and 8!).

That always sucks when the library only has a few volumes of a series. Almost every (popular) series is missing at least one volume because they get stolen.

message 4: by Selena (new)

Selena (sailorstar165) | 1858 comments Mod
In my case, our library had to continuously buy a hundred or so copies of the summer reading books for our school district that changed every year, and so there was no funding for manga. Eventually they quit buying that many of each book and said, "screw it. They can start early on it or use the state-wide ordering system."

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Man, that sucks. Sometimes I feel like manga is so underappreciated. However, we are getting slightly off topic.

I hope you can read the rest of the series. It gets pretty serious as it continues and I've just gotten to a pretty high point.

message 6: by Kame_hyphen (last edited Aug 21, 2013 01:47AM) (new)

Kame_hyphen | 102 comments The manga is amazing... The end (view spoiler)

I don't know why this manga received so much of criticism... I really loved it.. The mixture of comedy, Shojo and Romance is just too good. (^_^)b

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

A lot of people probably don't like the idea of a student and school counselor being in a relationship. But, when you look past that, it's a sweet love story that's also a coming-of-age story.

message 8: by Christine (new)

Christine | 1 comments I loved this manga. I finished it in about 2 days.