Happily Ever After Book Club discussion

Welcome

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (last edited Sep 09, 2012 11:20PM) (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
Welcome! I'm new to this whole group thing, I'm members in other groups, but I've never been a moderator. Anyway, Deb and I wanted to start our own online book club. Since we live so far apart we have no way of meeting in person (yet). We thought this would be a fun way to find new books and discuss them. So, welcome to our group and we hope you have fun!

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie (Hiding in the Pages) | 188 comments Mod
Yay!! Sounds like fun!!

message 3: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 166 comments Mod
I am so excited to have this Bookclub! I think it will be a great opprotunity for friends across the world to be able to share the fun of literature. Can't wait for the first book! Welcome one and all!!

message 4: by trachelle (new)

trachelle | 9 comments thanks for the invite kathy! i'm excited to be a part of this. i love me a happy ending!

message 5: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Cooper (kathryncooperwrites) | 1 comments Oh yay I love book clubs because you don't have to keep it spoiler free! Happily Ever Afters are the best.

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (kungfujesse) | 1 comments I am so excited! Thanks for the invite.

message 7: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle I love all kind of romance novels actually. But contemporary is my favorite and I am constructing a group for that now.
Anyway, who doesn't like happy ending? :)
I think the group should have more folders, though. Like group read, discussion... Just saying!

message 8: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 383 comments Thanks for the invite Kathy!

message 9: by Saloni (new)

Saloni Garg (salonigarg) | 3 comments I hope I didn't barge in! But I do love happy endings a lot and ergo couldn't resist joining this group!

message 10: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
Yay! Deb and I are so excited to see so many people joining out group. Hopefully we can finds some fun books to read and discuss. We thought it would be good to pick a book at the beginning of each month and then discuss it around the 20th, so we'll have time to discuss and whatnot before chosing the book for the following month. We thought we'd take advantage of the Poll function and chose 3-4 books and have everyone vote about what book we'd like to read next. Sound good?

Since September is already well underway, we chose The Reluctant Bachelorette by Rachael Anderson for this month. I've already read it and loved it. We'll start a discussion for it in a couple weeks. I already opened a post, so if you finish it soon feel free to start leaving comments.

Happy Reading.

message 11: by trachelle (new)

trachelle | 9 comments kathy is the reluctant bachelorette available as a kindle book? i was searching amazon and couldn't find it...

message 12: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
Yup, here is the link...

http://www.amazon.com/Reluctant-Bache...

message 13: by Saloni (new)

Saloni Garg (salonigarg) | 3 comments Kathy wrote: "Yay! Deb and I are so excited to see so many people joining out group. Hopefully we can finds some fun books to read and discuss. We thought it would be good to pick a book at the beginning of each..."

thank you! i feel welcome already! :)

message 14: by Teryn (new)

Teryn | 120 comments oooh! Just found this! Sounds great, hope it is okay if I joined. :)

message 15: by Chantele (new)

Chantele Sedgwick | 19 comments Thanks for the invite, Kathy! :)

message 16: by Kathy Jo (new)

Kathy Jo (kjincali78) | 185 comments Mod
Thanks for the invite Kathy! I have always wanted to be a part of a book club before but have never had the chance! Looking forward to reading many "Happily Ever Afters"... they are my favorite kind! :o)

Oh and P.S. Thanks for all the amazing books I have been reading since becoming your friend on here! I have raided your shelves SO many times and will continue to do so! ;o) Hehe.

message 17: by Liz (new)

Liz | 7 comments I'm excited to join, thanks for including me.

message 18: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
Yay Liz, I'm so glad you joined!!