Graceling Academy discussion

Inside Academy > Calm Room

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Payton, Head Moderater(Katsa etc.) love me always! (new)

Payton (paytonthedancer3) | 212 comments Mod
This is a room where you can just relax. It's supposed to be quiet and calm. Have fun!:)

message 2: by Baylie (new)

Baylie Scherer (Baycat) | 162 comments As Cat was walking down to the kitchen she picked up a cup of warm coco that was delisious. She then went to the room with what she needed in its name, calm. Sh ewas pleasd to see that there was nobody in the room. She picked a group of chairs and curled under a blanket while sipping her coco.

message 3: by Baylie (new)

Baylie Scherer (Baycat) | 162 comments She could hear him enter the room. Her whole body tensed she was roo tired for a fight today she would just take the beating and then get up and leave, unless she got a second wind.

message 4: by Sai (new)

Sai | 90 comments Adam walked into room and she tensed up her whole body went rigid. "Hi" was all he said.

message 5: by Baylie (new)

Baylie Scherer (Baycat) | 162 comments "If you want a fight you should go somewere else, theres two things wrong here im not in the mood and youre in a calm room." Cat said.

message 6: by Sai (new)

Sai | 90 comments "I dont want to fight with you." Adam said, then moved so he was in front of her chair but behind the opposing chair and put his hands on the back on the chair.

message 7: by Baylie (new)

Baylie Scherer (Baycat) | 162 comments This was confusing her what did he want. He looked serious today like he was missing something, or maybe he was just tired. "Well then what can I help you with?"

message 8: by Sai (new)

Sai | 90 comments "I just wanted to say that I am sorry for fighting with you and hurting your feelings." Adam sat in the seat accross from her and her eyes followed. " I wanted to start over." Adam shrugged as she pondered her answer.

message 9: by Baylie (new)

Baylie Scherer (Baycat) | 162 comments She was taken aback by his answer she was almost sure he would make some smart alick remark but he didnt want that he wanted to meet me. I still didnt trust him it wasnt senceable to trust him. She was going to tell him no, "okay" was what came out of her mouth though.

message 10: by Sai (new)

Sai | 90 comments He was relieved, he tryed to supress a smile and had given up because he had failed but brought in his poker face a second and kept it cool. He said, "hi, my name is Adam." He smiled again.

message 11: by Baylie (new)

Baylie Scherer (Baycat) | 162 comments "Nice to meet you Adam Im Cat." She was glad that she was having a normal conversation with Adam.

message 12: by Baylie (new)

Baylie Scherer (Baycat) | 162 comments She sat in scilence for a few minuets then asked if he wanted to go get some dinner.

message 13: by Sai (new)

Sai | 90 comments "Sure." Adam said as he got up he followed her down the hall and they went to the kitchen.

message 14: by Justece, Amazing second in command cause she's amazing! (last edited Oct 07, 2012 10:14PM) (new)

Justece (inlovewithdance) | 107 comments Mod
Arella came into the calm room, and not seeing Giddon anywhere she say down in a chair towards the back. I find myself asking the same question at the starting of every lesson: what in the world does he have planned for me? Arella smiled to herself at the thought of this.

message 15: by Payton, Head Moderater(Katsa etc.) love me always! (new)

Giddon walked in. He saw Arella and smiled warmly. He sat down across from her. "Your next lesson is too talk to me. Don't ask me why it's important, your stupid if you think it's not. Start off with your recent life before you got here" Giddon said quietly. He wanted to see how she would open into him.

message 16: by Justece, Amazing second in command cause she's amazing! (new)

Arella looked at him with suspicion. I don't even know why I try and guess. She thought. She had never really talked to anyone about her recent life and it wasn't like it was one of her favorite topics. But Giddon's interesting teachings had worked before, so she decided she would trust him. "Well, I'm from Estill. When I was a baby, my parents (she said the word 'parents' like there wa a bitter taste in her mouth) dropped me off on the king's doorstep. Never knew them... King Thigpen kept me until I was 3 then gave me to a foster family." She paused before continuing. It felt weird telling all of this to someone. She wondered what he was thinking, or would say. I guess there's only one way to find out. So she continued. "I could never stay in a foster home for more than a few months... And it only got worse as I got older. I always ended up being either kicked out or running away. The family's were all idiots... Oh sorry that's a little mean..." She wasnt all that sorry though, it was true. "They all treated me weird because I had the graceling eyes. When I was 12 I finally decided that I could survive on my own and ran away for good. And I stayed on my own with no one else until I found this academy."

message 17: by Payton, Head Moderater(Katsa etc.) love me always! (new)

He listened intently to her. She was sugar coating it. "Why did you correct yourself? People are idiots." he said trying to get her to explain her feelings about the foster homes.

message 18: by Justece, Amazing second in command cause she's amazing! (new)

"No kidding." She said agreeing. "Trying to hide that they absolutely hate you and would rather that you drop dead then live with them... So many times I wanted to tell them all to go to hell." Arella was almost spitting out the last words.

message 19: by Payton, Head Moderater(Katsa etc.) love me always! (new)

"Yes, I can imagine. Did you ever think of why you didn't get turned over tithe king? He gave you away as a baby but usually graces come later. So normally any family would've turned you in then having to deal with you. Have you ever thought about that?"

message 20: by Justece, Amazing second in command cause she's amazing! (last edited Oct 07, 2012 11:07PM) (new)

"To be honest, not really. Now that I think about it I don't know why they didn't. Maybe they were afraid. You can never really know for sure what goes on inside people's heads... Maybe they thought they could use me. I don't know."

message 21: by Payton, Head Moderater(Katsa etc.) love me always! (new)

Giddon smiled. "The people are afraid of the king more than you. Even if they were scared of you and treated you gruesomely, they cared. Have you ever wondered about your parents?"

message 22: by Justece, Amazing second in command cause she's amazing! (new)

"Yes. I wonder what happened to them, where they are, why they gave me away..." She frowned slightly at the thought.

message 23: by Payton, Head Moderater(Katsa etc.) love me always! (new)

"How many houses did you stay in?" he asked. Any child that moved like she did kept track of every home. He knew this. Hopefully she would tell him the truth.

message 24: by Justece, Amazing second in command cause she's amazing! (new)

"46." She said with no hesitation. Arella had kept track, she was never really sure why, but she did.

message 25: by Payton, Head Moderater(Katsa etc.) love me always! (new)

"And which one treated you the best?" he asked. He wanted to find te happier memories, they would help her when training.

message 26: by Justece, Amazing second in command cause she's amazing! (new)

"House number 28. The couple was nice enough, they had a baby... They treated me quite well." She sighed and gazed into nothingness.

message 27: by Payton, Head Moderater(Katsa etc.) love me always! (new)

"Tell me more about them. Names, experiences, what their house looked like" he said. She needed to keep going. This was good.

message 28: by Justece, Amazing second in command cause she's amazing! (new)

Arella paused for a moment. Giddon interested expression almost made her laugh or smile, but she faught the urge. She wasn't exactly sure why he was asking her all these details, but if he was, it must have some kind of imprtance. "The mom's name was Alison, the dad - Kevin and the baby was Adriana. We spent a lot of time taking walks together, Alison and I sometimes went shopping and Kevin taught me a few survival tips. Their house was a fair size an they had a fireplace where we would sit all together. Alison would read or sew, Kevin would usually take naps and I played with their cat - Mo or the baby. The walls were painted warm colors like reds and light browns..." She smiled to herself slightly.

message 29: by Payton, Head Moderater(Katsa etc.) love me always! (new)

"That sounds very serene. Why did you leave them?" He asked. That sounded like a great place, he was curious to know why she left.

message 30: by Justece, Amazing second in command cause she's amazing! (new)

"As the baby got older, they started to ingnore me more and more. Then my graceling eyes started to show and they treated me differently. I started causing some trouble, just to get attention I guess... I was younger then and I needed the attention I suppose. That was one of the houses a ran away from..."

message 31: by Payton, Head Moderater(Katsa etc.) love me always! (new)

"do you regret running away?" he asked. Giddon was curious. She obviously had abandonment issues.

message 32: by Justece, Amazing second in command cause she's amazing! (new)

"Sometimes I do... But in all honesty I don't know if it would've worked anyways. I always felt slightly out of place and like I didn't belong. And I kinda liked being on my own. I didn't nessecarily like it when people always did things for me."

message 33: by Payton, Head Moderater(Katsa etc.) love me always! (new)

"I see... We are done. You can go and we will meet again in two days here" Giddon said. He wanted to check on the family so they could resume when he knew.

message 34: by Justece, Amazing second in command cause she's amazing! (new)

"Ok. Well thank you." She stood up and walked away. Very interesting lesson... She thought a little confused. Arella really wondered what Giddon's goal was in all of this. She didn't at all feel like going back to her dorm so she roamed the academy.

message 35: by Justece, Amazing second in command cause she's amazing! (new)

It had been two boring days since her last lesson with Giddon. She had been anxiously waiting to see what the next would bring. She grabbed a small snack from the kitchen before heading to the calm room for her lesson. She came in and sat in an extremely comfy looking chair and waited for Giddon.

message 36: by Payton, Head Moderater(Katsa etc.) love me always! (last edited Oct 26, 2012 06:22PM) (new)

Giddon walked in the room still in his riding gear. He had ridden hard for two days in search of the family she had spoken about. He had gotten back only one hour before he was to meet her here. Giddon had easily found town she had spoken of and asked around. Once he had news about the family he was going to leave but got into a bit of a scrap. Thats why he was late. He looked at Arella with a passive face. "Good to see you again. Follow me" he said, throwing her a coat because it was pouring rain outside. To a person that tended to be cold hearted like himself and occasionally Arella, the best time for bad news to come was while hitting something.

((to the Forest thread. I'll make it now))

message 37: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) Hestia came into the room with a mug of warm milk in her hands. Try to socialize. She could almost hear the teachers say. These kids are like you and they understand how you feel. She sighed and went to go sit on a plush chair, doubting that anyone would notice her presence.