Young People Writing discussion

General > Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 163 (163 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ (rockclimbingirl) | 116 comments Mod
Hopefully this is where you'll come first so you can tell everyone in the group a bit about yourself.

I'm Mist/Cassidy. My real name is Cassidy, but Mist is the nickname I go by with a lot of my friends and here on GR.
I love to read and write. Those are my two biggest passions.

message 2: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn (evelyntaliette) Hello there.
My name is Evelyn Taliette, as you can see. I go a by a variety of nicknames, Ms. Oddity especially because of my unique love of the strange. I'm a rising author who hopes to be published eventually, but for now only dabbles in short stories.
As for reading, I'll read anything- biographies, manuscripts, warstories, sparkly vampire romances, apocalyptic scenarios- anything.

Nice to meet you all.

Nice to meet (or whatever this internet meeting thing is :P) you Evelyn! Thanks for joining!

Ciel wrote: "Hai.
My name is Ciel. Well it is really Katie Rose, but I thought my love for Black Butler was too great for my real name. I hope to be an author and a songwriter with works published. Hopefully. B..."

Hi Ciel! Thanks for joining!
Are your stories/songs posted on here? I would love to read them, if you wouldn't mind. I love Edgar Allen Poe too. He's one of my favourite poets. I love reading all of the classics too. Jane Austen is one of my favourite all time authors!

§♫♪♥Delaney♥♪♫§ Wants To Help K (krazytravelers) | 29 comments Hey I am Delaney, I want to be an author.

message 6: by Violent Vi (last edited Sep 09, 2012 07:04PM) (new)

Violent Vi (violetk) | 6 comments *starts beatboxing* You ready? You ready? You re-re-re-ready? My name is Violet, I'm super violent, I'm full of anger and it takes little to rile it. WORD! Hey it's Vi Y'all!

message 7: by Jack (last edited Sep 09, 2012 06:20PM) (new)

Jack | 3 comments Hey, I'm Jack.

I like to read books.

According to some, I'm also a wizard, mind-reader, and forty year old man.

And Violet, it didn't take much to rile your anger during that debate we had. Which I won.

message 8: by Violent Vi (new)

Violent Vi (violetk) | 6 comments Jack wrote: "Hey, I'm Jack.

I like to read books.

And Violet, it didn't take much to rile your anger during that debate we had. Whic..."

don't you get me started ass-castle! I will kill you and that book reading deer you have for a picture!

message 9: by Jack (new)

Jack | 3 comments Violet wrote: "Jack wrote: "Hey, I'm Jack.

I like to read books.

And Violet, it didn't take much to rile your anger during that debate..."

First of all, it's a Dratini.

Second of all, "ass-castle"?

Jack wrote: "Hey, I'm Jack.

I like to read books.

And Violet, it didn't take much to rile your anger during that debate we had. Whic..."

I'm not convinced that you're not a mind-reader. We have tons of evidence proving that you are :P

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Im jordan. Im in my schools creative writing department so yeah i like writing. I guess thats it :P

Oh yeah, thanks for joining Delaney, Jack, Vi, and Jordan! (: Y'all be awesome :P

message 13: by Ivy (last edited Sep 09, 2012 06:54PM) (new)

Ivy (iwanttocrawlintobookslivethere) | 24 comments Hi I'm Ivy. I'm going to try and make this short and sweet cause I tend to write or talk or whatever way tooooo much so anyways...
I can't go a day without reading at least one book and on a really good day I'll read up to four. I DO NOT skim. How much I hate it when someone asks that. When I'm not reading I'm usually writing. I mostly write short stories, poetry, and get half way through writing a book and dump in a junk file. I sometimes critic myself harshly and it's one of the reasons I don't finish a lot of things but, I am working on a parnormal romance right now and it's looking great so far! When I'm not reading or writing, I'm probably snoring through class or doodling in my sketchbook.
Well before I take up the entire comment box, I'll say ta ta and don't be afraid to friend me or whatever.

Oh and Hi Delaney :)

message 14: by Ophelia ॐ (new)

Ophelia ॐ Jack wrote: "Hey, I'm Jack.

I like to read books.

According to some, I'm also a wizard, mind-reader, and forty year old man

"

I thought we agreed to never speak of ^THAT again.....

message 15: by Ophelia ॐ (new)

Ophelia ॐ Hey all! I am Ophelia! Love to read and write though I don't really have to anymore to free-write, but I do a ton of assignments for school. Um, I invited a lot of you guys, so your welcome! hahah, anyway this seems like a great group Mist :))

message 16: by Ophelia ॐ (new)

Ophelia ॐ Violet wrote: "*starts beatboxing* You ready? You ready? You re-re-re-ready? My name is Violet, I'm super violent, I'm full of anger and it takes a lot to rile it. WORD! Hey it's Vi Y'all!"

Hhahahaha oh man, Vi :P

message 17: by Violent Vi (new)

Violent Vi (violetk) | 6 comments there I edited it Jack! Now it say little not a lot.

message 18: by Jack (new)

Jack | 3 comments So we did...

*DISTRACTION*

Ivy wrote: "Hi I'm Ivy. I'm going to try and make this short and sweet cause I tend to write or talk or whatever way tooooo much so anyways...
I can't go a day without reading at least one book and on a reall..."

This is kind of like the moment where Harry and Ron bond over Red Vines in AVPS. ;P
I never shut up. I talk and talk and talk, till it gets to the point that someone has to duct-tape my mouth so I'll shut up. I read like crazy. I'm a speed reader and I can't STAND it when people accuse me of skimming.
I definitely critique myself too hard when I write. I can usually make it half way through a novel and then I decide I hate the beginning and I scrap it.
I'm also working on a paranormal/romance/ya/fantasy book right now. I'm hoping I'll complete this one and that it will be good enough to be published. Keeping my fingers crossed on that last one! :)

Ophelia wrote: "Hey all! I am Ophelia! Love to read and write though I don't really have to anymore to free-write, but I do a ton of assignments for school. Um, I invited a lot of you guys, so your welcome! hahah,..."

Thanks Ophelia! (:

Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for inviting your friends. That means so much to me! (:

message 21: by Ophelia ॐ (new)

Ophelia ॐ ★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ wrote: "Ophelia wrote: "Hey all! I am Ophelia! Love to read and write though I don't really have to anymore to free-write, but I do a ton of assignments for school. Um, I invited a lot of you guys, so you..."

No problem! ^_^

message 22: by Ophelia ॐ (new)

Ophelia ॐ Jack wrote: "So we did...

*DISTRACTION*"

hmph.
:P

message 23: by Mig (new)

Mig (minzo) Hello! I'm Miguel Cruz.
And.. I'm currently writing fan-fictions. :)

This group seems inspiring and fun! I'm gonna invite people.

message 24: by Ophelia ॐ (new)

Ophelia ॐ Hey Paperworm!
Oooh what kind of fan-fictions? I love reading em from the actual fanfiction.net

message 25: by Emily (new)

Emily Hatcher (emsterdove) | 3 comments Hello! I'm Emily and I love reading, and writting! I have trouble starting my writtings :\ I feel that i'm not a 'great' author, but my dream is to become one!

Emily wrote: "Hello! I'm Emily and I love reading, and writting! I have trouble starting my writtings :\ I feel that i'm not a 'great' author, but my dream is to become one!"

Thanks for joining Emily! I'm sure you're a great author. Hopefully you can start to get over that feeling on here At least, that's one of the things I'm hoping to accomplish on this group. :)

Paperworm wrote: "Hello! I'm Miguel Cruz.
And.. I'm currently writing fan-fictions. :)

This group seems inspiring and fun! I'm gonna invite people."

Hey Miguel! (: I'm so happy you joined!
Thanks so much!
Fan-fic for what fandom? I'd love to read it, if you have it posted it somewhere :)

message 27: by Mig (new)

Mig (minzo) Mortal Instruments Fan Fiction! or maybe a Shadowhunter Fan Fiction since it's set in the future..

message 28: by Mig (new)

Mig (minzo) Ophelia wrote: "Hey Paperworm!
Oooh what kind of fan-fictions? I love reading em from the actual fanfiction.net"

Sorry, but i use Wattpad!
FanFiction.Net is very hard to navigate and use. Trust me, i tried using it but ended up doing nothing except deleting my account.

message 29: by Mig (new)

Mig (minzo) Emily wrote: "Hello! I'm Emily and I love reading, and writting! I have trouble starting my writtings :\ I feel that i'm not a 'great' author, but my dream is to become one!"

Me too! i tried a lot of ideas but ended up dumping my stories as if it's not good enough.

message 30: by Ophelia ॐ (new)

Ophelia ॐ Paperworm wrote: "Ophelia wrote: "Hey Paperworm!
Oooh what kind of fan-fictions? I love reading em from the actual fanfiction.net"

Sorry, but i use Wattpad!
FanFiction.Net is very hard to navigate and use. Trust m..."

Yeah, I bet. I only read stuff (Inuyasha fanfiction) off of there.

message 31: by L (last edited Sep 10, 2012 11:02AM) (new)

L (audinosbiitch) Hello!

I'm Eleanor H., and I love to write, both stories and poetry. I'm not SUPER good at editing/critiquing writing(well, actually, I AM good, just not on the computer...), but I love giving simple feedback...
I'm also VERY, VERY interested in music, so if you want to talk to me about that I'd love to!
You can go look up my stories under my creative writing(you might have to be my friend to get there directly, but looking up 'eleanor la fille d'hades' in creative writing works well usually), and in Figment under the name Kendra Sunderson.
Tata!

message 32: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Vincent  (Defslammer) | 1 comments Hey there. I'm Matthew Vincent. Vincent is just a pen name by the way. I love to read, obviously. And I'm just like you. I'm an aspiring author. I write short stories, and have recently begun some novel projects. I'm 15 years of age, and my favorite authors include, but are not limited to: Stephen King, Ray Bradbury, and Dean Koontz to name a few.

I upload my stories on Figment.com under the name Matthew Vincent. My favorite genres are fiction, horror, sci-fi, and all that good stuff. So, nice to meet you all.

message 33: by Madelaine (new)

Madelaine Keam (thisistoostessful) Hi, I'm Madi, I love to read and write, although I haven't had a lot of time to do either recently, because of school (I live in Australia and I'm in my last year, so I only have a few weeks left and it's pretty stressful).

I tend to write the begginings of a lot of stories so I can return to them later (I have a folder with about 10 first chapters for different stories) and try to focus on one story at a time.

I like to read all sorts of stuff and don't really have a favourite author or anything.

message 34: by Cassie (new)

Cassie  (CassieVylon) | 4 comments Hey thurr. I'm Rachel, a socially awkward 16-year-old punk-goth girl. I read. I write. I skateboard. I'm crazy for partying and fighting.
I'm hoping ot study creative writing as I grow older, and hopefully get a laptop on my birthday (not even 3 months away). I'm hoping to become and author, and already I'm working on a few different stories( still in their first stages).
I read so many genres. But some of my favorites are: Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, Horror, gothic, Thriller, etc.

I haven't gotten to post any of my work yet, but I may soon... so watch out for that.

OMFG HI CIEL! <3 *waves excidly*

Thanks for the invite, Ophelia! <3

message 35: by Ophelia ॐ (new)

Ophelia ॐ Rachel (Beautiful Anarchy) wrote: "Hey thurr. I'm Rachel, a socially awkward 16-year-old punk-goth girl. I read. I write. I skateboard. I'm crazy for partying and fighting.
I'm hoping ot study creative writing as I grow older, and h..."

No problem! :)

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, my name is Claire, but you can call me Cool Beans if you want to. I like to read anything pretty much. I have also written a few short stories on Goodreads, but most of them are kind of unfinished. :D

Hi to all you new people!
I hope you guys enjoy the group.

If you have any questions or comments or anything, feel free to ask me. I'll read over and critique any work that you want me too. I can help out for a bit of research too if you need it! :)

Thanks!

Amelia wrote: "Hi everyone, I'm Amelia,
I love to write poetry and read. I also write fictionnal stories. I just started cegep (quebec's version of college) and im in creative arts literature and languages. I spe..."

Yay! A fellow Canadian! :D I'm usually the sol one on most groups :P

It's nice to meet you too :)

message 39: by Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac, (last edited Sep 10, 2012 11:51PM) (new)

Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac, Hello. Goge, here. I try to read a little of everything so I can be exposed to the psych of any and every kind of person that walks or doesn't walk this earth. Psychological analyses --> motivation, behaviors; different kinds of backgrounds of people -->diff race, poverty, middle, rich, diff country; what types of people are there --> psychopaths, gentle ladies, murderers, bullies, victims, royalty, dictators... or if paranormal characters --> vamps, faeries, werewolves, selkies, mermaids... and so forth. I want to know all kinds of information and be exposed to all kinds of people and things and places in this world. I want to scour every inch and millimeter of this planet and solar system. Reading and researching and learning is what I live for. Writing is what I am passionate about and what induces me to the malady of "butterflies in my tummy". And to giddiness, intoxication, and adrenaline rush.

--I also spend too much time enjoying(?) editing...

message 40: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe (theneveronlinechick) | 6 comments 'Ello. :)
I'm Phoebe. I am trying to write a story now (I keep failing, lol! :D) but I can't think of a starting sentence so I might have to scrap the idea.. ^_~

PS: Editing is fun!! ;D

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Heya :)
I'm Louise and I love writing, reading, editing and such like <3 :)

message 42: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe (theneveronlinechick) | 6 comments ℘~®~i~ ツ ~ ❤all; h8 none~!! wrote: "Hi, I'm Pri! Thanks for inviting me Louise :)

And I love to write, when I feel like it
I love to read! :)
And I would sooo like to have my work published one day!! :D

I like writing short stories..."

Wow, you like writing stories? Plan on getting published someday?

message 43: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe (theneveronlinechick) | 6 comments Louise wrote: "Heya :)
I'm Louise and I love writing, reading, editing and such like <3 :)"

HI, LOUISE!!

message 44: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe (theneveronlinechick) | 6 comments Yay, yay, yay! ;D

§♫♪♥Delaney♥♪♫§ Wants To Help K (krazytravelers) | 29 comments Hey everyone thats new

message 46: by JazzyCat (new)

JazzyCat (dayandnightgirl) Hi everyone! :3 I'm Jasny, and I love writing, reading, listening to music, coming on GR, and livin' my life! =^.^= Oh and I love cats!!!!

Hi Jasny! Thanks for joining :) Cats are pretty awesome aren't they? :P

Sorry I wasn't really on today guys. I'll come back on tomrrow, I was just crazy busy today! Plus, tomorrow night I should have a bit of my sample writing up. I found it, I just got to edit it a bit and tweak it :P

message 48: by Grouphug (new)

Grouphug | 3 comments hello guys
I write and I read too but a lot of books bore me these days so I read a lot of the classics

message 49: by JazzyCat (new)

JazzyCat (dayandnightgirl) ★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ wrote: "Hi Jasny! Thanks for joining :) Cats are pretty awesome aren't they? :P

Sorry I wasn't really on today guys. I'll come back on tomrrow, I was just crazy busy today! Plus, tomorrow night I should h..."

Yeah of course, thanks for welcoming me! And yes for sure!!!

message 50: by JazzyCat (new)

JazzyCat (dayandnightgirl) GrahamChapman wrote: "hello guys
I write and I read too but a lot of books bore me these days so I read a lot of the classics"

Hey GrahamChapman!

« previous 1 3 4