Young People Writing discussion

Writing in General > What are you currently writing?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 77 (77 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ (rockclimbingirl) | 116 comments Mod
What are you currently writing at the moment?

I'm working on two seperate novels and one fan-fiction. One of the novels, I've been planning out for years and I'm finally working on actually writing it. The other novel I'm co-writing with my dad who also loves to write. The fan-fic is sort of something I'm doing on the side when I get writers-block on the two novels. When I finish it, I'll post it on the internet somewhere!

message 2: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn (evelyntaliette) I'm currently working on a variety of short stories, mostly for the occasional contest and such. The one I'm focusing on now is about looking on myself from the past, as the weird kid I used to be. It's a strange perspective, but it makes me stronger as a writer I suppose.

§♫♪♥Delaney♥♪♫§ Wants To Help K (krazytravelers) | 29 comments On a fiction young adult book.

message 4: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (iwanttocrawlintobookslivethere) | 24 comments I'm working on a ya paranormal book.

message 5: by Mig (new)

Mig (minzo) Working on Lighthunters (A Mortal Instruments Fan Fiction)

Read it here:
Wattpad
Goodreads

Please! if anything is wrong with my writings, tell me!

Paperworm wrote: "Working on Lighthunters (A Mortal Instruments Fan Fiction)

Read it here:
Wattpad
Goodreads

Please! if anything is wrong with my writings, tell me!"

I'm going to start reading that right now! (:

message 7: by Mig (new)

Mig (minzo) I'm not done yet though. :C

Paperworm wrote: "I'm not done yet though. :C"

Well, I read the Prologue and it was really good :)

message 9: by Mig (new)

Mig (minzo) ★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ wrote: "Paperworm wrote: "I'm not done yet though. :C"

Well, I read the Prologue and it was really good :)"

It's actually Chapter One but still on the work
Every day or every other day i add a few lines. :)

message 10: by Blujeanbooks96 (new)

Blujeanbooks96 (wwwgoodreadscomblujean_books96) | 11 comments You know I have to admmit, I only ever write short stories, though I really would love to put some of my ideas into a book.
Every time I think of a concept or a character, I think 'I bet someone else has done that' or 'I bet it's over-used' or usually 'how can I make it different?' So yeah, writers turmoil haha

Paperworm wrote: "★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ wrote: "Paperworm wrote: "I'm not done yet though. :C"

Well, I read the Prologue and it was really good :)"

It's actually Chapter One but still on the work
Every day or every o..."

Oh okay, makes sense. Well, it's a good beginning then! :P

message 12: by Blujeanbooks96 (last edited Sep 09, 2012 08:28PM) (new)

Blujeanbooks96 (wwwgoodreadscomblujean_books96) | 11 comments Paperworm wrote: "Working on Lighthunters (A Mortal Instruments Fan Fiction)

Read it here:
Wattpad
Goodreads

I think it's awesome :) The prologue was really good and catchy :)Only suggestion would be punctuation. But that's a minor thing.

message 13: by Mig (new)

Mig (minzo) Blujeanbooks96 wrote: "Paperworm wrote: "Working on Lighthunters (A Mortal Instruments Fan Fiction)

Read it here:
Wattpad
Goodreads

I think it's awesome :) The ..."

I'll write that tip. Thanks!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Writing a short story for school

message 15: by Madelaine (new)

Madelaine Keam (thisistoostessful) I've started a lot of different stuff, but currently I have been working on the one novel. I'm only a few chapters in and I've been working on it for awhile, but I pretty much know what's going to happen, I just need to get that stuff onto paper.

Ciel wrote: "Mostly I am working on poems. Mostly dark.... Ummm also a Harry Potter fan fiction which sucks ass :p"

I'm sure it's good! Does it revolve around the canon characters or did you make your own?

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm currently working on two Pokemon fanfics. :)

Ciel wrote: "★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ wrote: "Ciel wrote: "Mostly I am working on poems. Mostly dark.... Ummm also a Harry Potter fan fiction which sucks ass :p"

I'm sure it's good! Does it revolve around the canon ..."

Oh that sounds really, really good! If you ever post it, I'd love to read it!

My one Fanfic is about a girl who is attending Hogwarts for the first time and her relationship with Albus, Lily, James, Rose, Hugo, and the rest of the main character's kids (:

message 19: by Blujeanbooks96 (new)

Blujeanbooks96 (wwwgoodreadscomblujean_books96) | 11 comments Awwh awesome, I'll have to read that when you put it up :)

message 20: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Green (sierragreenreads) | 2 comments Working on a post-apocalyptic, zombie- ish novel. Pretty much beautiful.

Ninja wrote: "Working on a post-apocalyptic, zombie- ish novel. Pretty much beautiful."

Zombies?! I love Zombies! Anyone watch the Walking Dead? Love that show.

Thanks Ciel and Blujeanbooks96! I'll let you know the second I put it up! (:

§♫♪♥Delaney♥♪♫§ Wants To Help K (krazytravelers) | 29 comments @Paperworm: I love your Mortal Instruments Fanfiction!!! PLease right more.

message 23: by JazzyCat (new)

JazzyCat (dayandnightgirl) Um, I'm working on a boyxboy story, taken a bit of a break from it for now, though.... ummmmm, ooh! I'm writing "Dead Inside" a depressed girl trying to be happy, and lots of poetry!

message 24: by Grouphug (new)

Grouphug | 3 comments a young adult novel thats what i'm writing, part poetry, part script

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

A report on Egyptian Gods and Goddesses. But this is neither enjoyable nor interesting

message 26: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmathelemon) A play review of Euripides' "Trojan Women" i.e The saddest play every written...

Jordan (The Gleek) wrote: "A report on Egyptian Gods and Goddesses. But this is neither enjoyable nor interesting"

Reports are never fun I find. Especially when you're English teacher actually deducts you for using large and uncommon words. I suggested that he should get a dictionary so he could comprehend my work. Apparently he didn't appreciate that. Go figure.

Emma *rootless* wrote: "A play review of Euripides' "Trojan Women" i.e The saddest play every written..."

That sounds really interesting!

message 28: by Heather (new)

Heather James (makexbelieve) | 1 comments Hi, I'm Heather and I'm working on a young-adult fantasy series at the moment. I've just finished the first draft of book two, but I put the first two chapters of the first book on Goodreads this afternoon.

Comments/feedback would be greatly appreciated if anyone has the time.

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/3...

message 29: by Bookworm2000 (new)

Bookworm2000 | 4 comments Hi, i'm not sure if you can advertise your stories on wattpad here (if you can't then I'M A CRIMINAL!) but anyway, I'm in the middle of writing 2 stories on wattpad so I'll be sooooooooo happy if someone could read it! here's the link to my profile: wattpad.com/user/JaneyJane

message 30: by JazzyCat (new)

JazzyCat (dayandnightgirl) Bookworm2000 wrote: "Hi, i'm not sure if you can advertise your stories on wattpad here (if you can't then I'M A CRIMINAL!) but anyway, I'm in the middle of writing 2 stories on wattpad so I'll be sooooooooo happy if s..."

Haha I'll read when I've got the time. I have a Wattpad too! Could you do me a favor, and read some of my stuff? :) http://www.wattpad.com/user/JazzCat16

§♫♪♥Delaney♥♪♫§ Wants To Help K (krazytravelers) | 29 comments Jasny^o^NOM NOM NOM wrote: Um, I'm working on a boyxboy story, taken a bit of a break from it for now, though.... ummmmm, ooh! I'm writing "Dead Inside" a depressed girl trying to be happy, and lots of poetry!

Where can I read these stories? Are they on Wattpad?

Bookworm2000 wrote: "Hi, i'm not sure if you can advertise your stories on wattpad here (if you can't then I'M A CRIMINAL!) but anyway, I'm in the middle of writing 2 stories on wattpad so I'll be sooooooooo happy if s..."

Yep, you can definitely use Wattpad on here! I'll definitely be checking out your stories!

Jasny ^o^ NOM NOM NOM wrote: "Bookworm2000 wrote: "Hi, i'm not sure if you can advertise your stories on wattpad here (if you can't then I'M A CRIMINAL!) but anyway, I'm in the middle of writing 2 stories on wattpad so I'll be ..."

I'll definitely read all of yours too :)

message 35: by yael (new)

yael Well I WAS writing something...

but got bored and cut it off.

I'm writing ANOTHER dystopia ish... thingy....

I'm not sure I'm getting too many ideas. All I know for sure that it's YA.

message 36: by JazzyCat (new)

JazzyCat (dayandnightgirl) ★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ wrote: "Jasny ^o^ NOM NOM NOM wrote: "Bookworm2000 wrote: "Hi, i'm not sure if you can advertise your stories on wattpad here (if you can't then I'M A CRIMINAL!) but anyway, I'm in the middle of writing 2 ..."

Aw thank you!

§♫♪♥Delaney♥♪♫§ Wants To Help K (krazytravelers) | 29 comments Please read and comment if you have a wattpad.

http://www.wattpad.com/7335152-he-lea...

I don't have wattpad so I can't comment on there, but it's really good!

message 40: by Grant (new)

Grant (GrantJamesTurner) | 15 comments Good luck with that Katie! :)

I am writing a horror story too, where a psychic helps a police officer solve a serial killer case, the only thing is there are several twists in the tale. So lets see if people can keep their heads from blowing up when they read it!

message 41: by Grant (new)

Grant (GrantJamesTurner) | 15 comments Aw don't beat yourself up, go into it thinking that you're going to write the best thing ever!

It is a re-write really, the first draft was a bit naff so changed bits and beefed things up and ooo that sounds good, if it was real then I'll be damned!

message 42: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Zeno (becca_zeno54) I'm writing a y.a fantasy :) 30,000 words so far!

message 43: by Grant (new)

Grant (GrantJamesTurner) | 15 comments Woo, congrats :D Keep going!

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Someone please give me 2 writing prompts. I have 2 stories due by friday

message 45: by Allison (new)

Allison (zomltrow) | 63 comments Jordan (The Gleek) wrote: "Someone please give me 2 writing prompts. I have 2 stories due by friday"

hahhaha Jordan.

What kinds of prompts? Any prompts?

message 46: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Zeno (becca_zeno54) Grant James wrote: "Woo, congrats :D Keep going!"

Thanks for the motivation :)

message 47: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Zeno (becca_zeno54) Jordan (The Gleek) wrote: "Someone please give me 2 writing prompts. I have 2 stories due by friday"

it depends on what you like to write about, so what do you like it write about?

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Quite frankly I will take anything at this moment. I'm so blocked. I'll write anything but it can't be too graphic

message 49: by Grant (new)

Grant (GrantJamesTurner) | 15 comments Becca wrote: "Grant James wrote: "Woo, congrats :D Keep going!"

Thanks for the motivation :)"

Not a problem :)

and as for Jordan was is the subject matter? or do you have a preferred topic?

message 50: by Allison (new)

Allison (zomltrow) | 63 comments Jordan (The Gleek) wrote: "Quite frankly I will take anything at this moment. I'm so blocked. I'll write anything but it can't be too graphic"

how long do they have to be?

« previous 1