Struggling Writers discussion

*Archives * > Read and Feed Night Coming Soon!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ingrid, Just another writer. (last edited Jul 15, 2015 07:05AM) (new)

Ingrid | 932 comments Mod
PICK UP A BOOK AND READ! The struggling writer mods and I have agreed that I, Ingrid, will be leading a new group activity, the READ AND FEED NIGHT. You probably think we're going to eat popcorn and read a book at midnight. Yes and No. It is a day to relax and pick up a book. But it's not just one book. Its two. And three . And Four. And Five. And a ton till you drop!

RULES

1. For this Read and Feed Night this activity will start in the middle of every month. It will start from the fifteenth to the twenty second of every month.
Ex: September 15th-September 22,2012

2. The goal is to read AS MANY BOOKS as possible during this week. You can read nurseries, folktales, novels, short stories, manuscripts, essays, manuals, cookbooks, and anything else. BUT IT HAS TO BE ON PAPER.
Ex: you can't read street signs or nametags.
but you can read a mystery book.

3. You must record how many books you read on each day and how many pages you read a night. But we mods will create your topic so you can post your progress
Ex: September Fifteenth
Read "The Haunting" by Molley Hartley (include author)
read how many pages today.
Goal to finish it by: September 16
Progression: Pending

4. You may have a goal to finish one or more books on the SAME day.
Goal to finish book: September 15th
Finished/progression: September 15th

5. There is no limit to how many pages you can read. But it has to be a minimum of 30 pages.

6. You must finish reading the number of books you are reading by midnight of September 22nd. You may not finish reading your book/books after that.

7. You are allowed, if you want, to finish your book before, but it will lower your score.

8. You cannot reread a book that you have read WITHIN that week. Books that you have read years ago are accepted, but no SKIMMING pages.

9. Have fun with it. Be sure to record in your log or you will not get credit and we cannot prize you!

message 2: by L (new)

L This sounds an increadible event, although i am not sure how i could read more than one book in a day (but then i do have a tendancy to read great slabs rather than smaller works!).
I would love to be included in this months 'Read & Feed night' from the 15th-22nd.

message 3: by Ingrid, Just another writer. (new)

Great! I will give you a topic for your log(to keep track of reading books) before the fifteenth or the morning of the fifteenth. Thanks for participating!

message 4: by Gayatri (new)

Gayatri | 82 comments Count me in too!!

message 5: by Ingrid, Just another writer. (new)

READ AND FEED NIGHT HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN. LOOK FOR YOUR NAME UNDER THE READ AND FEED NIGHT FOLDER AND RECORD THE NUMBER OF BOOKS YOU HAVE READ. NOW!

message 6: by L (new)

L and so it begins...

message 7: by Ingrid, Just another writer. (new)

:)

message 8: by Rishika (new)

Rishika | 233 comments Count me in

message 9: by Ingrid, Just another writer. (new)

great! I'll create your page and then you can post the number of books you've read from yesterday

message 10: by L (new)

L Can i have a thread please, so i can record what i am reading? Thanks x

message 11: by Ingrid, Just another writer. (new)

you have a thread, Lucinda. But so many people joined it couldn't fit. Click on the Read and Feed A Thon Book Challenge folder and you will see your name. Thanks!

message 12: by L (new)

L Ingrid wrote: "you have a thread, Lucinda. But so many people joined it couldn't fit. Click on the Read and Feed A Thon Book Challenge folder and you will see your name. Thanks!"

Thank you Ingrid. x

message 13: by Ingrid, Just another writer. (new)

no problemo:D

message 14: by Ingrid, Just another writer. (new)

WE ARE HAVING AN EXTENDED DEADLINE FOR READ AND FEED DUE TO SLIGHT INACTIVITY. THE CONTEST WILL END ON THE 30TH OF SEPTEMBER.