Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (Buddy Reads) > Ghostwalkers Series Buddy Read

Comments Showing 1-50 of 144 (144 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1934 comments This will be a monthly buddy read of the Ghostwalkers Series by Christine Feehan.

Start Date: 9/7/12

Participants: Melissa and Leslie; Open to anyone

message 2: by ~Leslie~ (last edited Nov 10, 2012 10:25AM) (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1934 comments Ghostwalkers Series

Duration: 9/7/12 - 6/30/13

SEPTEMBER: Shadow Game 9/7/12 ***** stars

OCTOBER: Mind Game 10/10/12 ***** stars

NOVEMBER:Night Game

DECEMBER:Conspiracy Game

JANUARY:Deadly Game

FEBRUARY:Predatory Game

MARCH:Murder Game

APRIL:Street Game

MAY:Ruthless Game

JUNE:Samurai Game

Shadow Game (GhostWalkers, #1) by Christine Feehan Mind Game (GhostWalkers, #2) by Christine Feehan Night Game (GhostWalkers, #3) by Christine Feehan Conspiracy Game (GhostWalkers, #4) by Christine Feehan Deadly Game (GhostWalkers, #5) by Christine Feehan Predatory Game (GhostWalkers, #6) by Christine Feehan Murder Game (GhostWalkers, #7) by Christine Feehan Street Game (GhostWalkers, #8) by Christine Feehan Ruthless Game (GhostWalkers, #9) by Christine Feehan Samurai Game (Ghostwalkers #10) by Christine Feehan

message 3: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Oh...I'm so tempted to join. I love this series, and it would be so fun to do some re-reading.

message 4: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1934 comments Join us, lurk, chat - whatever you want Yz!! I'm excited to re-read them in order. These were some of the first PNR I ever read.

message 5: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1964 comments Absolutely Yz ~ Leslie and I are very low key ~ the more the merrier. I'm looking forward to re-reading them as well. I can't remember where I left off with the books in this series as it was pre-GR,lol. Not sure if they were my first into PNR but probably close enough!!

message 6: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1934 comments I love that description of how we do buddy reads, Melissa! Low key is a good description. Laid back, underachievers might work as well!!

message 7: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 1100 comments I was excited to see this because I have several on audio and wanted to get to back to this series. But I've already read Shadow Game and Mind Game. I was going to start Night Game as soon as I finish up a couple of other audiobooks.

message 8: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1964 comments Mary ~ no worries; you're more than welcome to lurk and comment as we go along.

Leslie ~ I was just notfied that Mind Games was on it's way to my library so I should be good to go the first week of Oct if that works for you.

message 9: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1934 comments Since we started the last one on the 8th - do you want to start this one on the 8th as well. That works for me as I have one buddy read that starts on the 5th and one that starts on the 15th.
And Mary - please lurk and join us whenever you want. We would love to have your comments.

message 10: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1964 comments The 8th will work just fine

message 11: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20380 comments I have yet to read the last couple - I have them all, but for me the series really gets underway with book 4... I might join you from there :) It'll depend on my other reading commitments.

Otherwise I'll drop in to comment - I'm good at that! ;)

message 12: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1934 comments The more the merrier!! And you are right - Conspiracy Game was amazing! The first one I read was Murder Game and I loved it but I just remember being completely lost.

message 13: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20380 comments I'm anal and can't read books out of order!

message 14: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1934 comments I'm becoming more like that now - but when I started reading again after a 10 year hiatus (4 children in 6 years!)I just started grabbing whatever was available. I had avoided anything with vampires but this sounded good because it was about a military unit and looked like Romantic suspense. My how my reading habits have changed LOL!!

message 15: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Sep 12, 2012 05:16PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 20380 comments Leslie wrote: "My how my reading habits have changed LOL!!..."

OMG yes! My reading habits have morphed so much in the last 5 years, and continue to do so... I love GR and all the great groups - they have introduced me to a whole new world (actually, a number of worlds!) :)

message 16: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1964 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "Leslie wrote: "My how my reading habits have changed LOL!!..."

OMG yes! My reading habits have morphed so much in the last 5 years, and continue to do so... I love GR and all the great groups - ..."

I know ~ everyone reads so many interesting books it is so hard to keep up and the TBR pile keeps growing!! I tend to like to read series in order as well unless I hear from a lot of people that it can read as a stand alone or out of order I give it a try. There is another series ( elemental assasin series by Jennifer Estep) I'm reading right now (in order) but she re-hashes a lot from the previous books that you could probably read out of order and be ok. I just finished the third last night.

message 17: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20380 comments ...Haven't tried a Jennifer Estep book yet - might see if she has them in audio :)

message 18: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1964 comments Gin ~ the heroine reminds me of Kate Daniels from Ilona Andrews series or like Mercedes from Patricia Briggs series....

message 19: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1934 comments Melissa, I have the first one in that series on my nook and am looking forward to trying it! Have heard good things. And I just read my first Mercedes Thompson book. I really liked it. I miss Kate and Curran so much - I'm just looking for something to fill that void. LOL

Jane, Having a nook has completely changed my reading habits and being on GR. I've become such a hoarder of books and a challenge fanatic!

message 20: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I started this series last year but couldn't get into the first book. I've been wanting to give it another try and hopefully having it as a buddy read will give me the push I need.

message 21: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1934 comments Welcome, Lauren! The first time I read the first one it wasn't my favorite. I liked it so much better this time around. But I think that other books in this series are much more exciting reading. The first one just sets up alot of what's going to happen in the future books.

message 22: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Thanks Leslie. That is exactly what I needed to hear.

message 23: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 433 comments This sounds awesome! I'd love to join in. I read and loved the first two (although I prefered Mind Game) but kinda stopped reading, although I have them all. The only thing is they are in the books my sister "tidied" for me while I was away :(

message 24: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1964 comments Leslie wrote: "Melissa, I have the first one in that series on my nook and am looking forward to trying it! Have heard good things. And I just read my first Mercedes Thompson book. I really liked it. I miss Kate ..."

I'd be interested to hear what you think about Spider's Bite (you too Jane if you find it on audio) besides the re-hashing I think the story keeps getting better with each book!!

message 25: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1964 comments Welcome Lauren! Nairabell it would be great for you to join if you can "untidy" those books,lol.

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 350 comments I love this series and I just completed a reread this summer. Would love to jump in and chat with you all.

message 27: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1964 comments absolutely Lady Danielle ~ that would be great

message 28: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20380 comments ~Melissa~ wrote: "Leslie wrote: "Melissa, I have the first one in that series on my nook and am looking forward to trying it! Have heard good things. And I just read my first Mercedes Thompson book. I really liked i..."

I found Spider's Bite on Audible for sale - $4.95! Had to buy it at that price, so I'm set to listen to it sometime in the next week or so I guess (depends on my travel itinerary ;)

message 29: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20380 comments Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "I love this series and I just completed a reread this summer. Would love to jump in and chat with you all."

LOL!! I thought of you Danielle when I commented earlier! I still have to read Ruthless Game... ;)

At least I managed one book on your Ghostwalker reread program!

message 30: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1934 comments I'm so excited that so many people are joining this buddy read! I love having lots of people to chat with over a good book LOL!! And Nairabell, I hope you find the tidied books. I am in the process of getting these one by one on my nook, so I will never have to worry about being "tidied up"!

message 31: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Sep 14, 2012 08:03AM) (new)

Fran | 11191 comments I love this series. I liked the first one but I am enjoying the rest of the series more. I'm up to the 8th one but I've taken a bit of a break from the series. I would love to join you in April when you guys get up to where I've left off. I'm sure by then I will be ready to get back into it :)

message 32: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 1885 comments Oh, it has been a while since I read the first one. I've been want to pick up the series again and my library has it on audio! I'm so tempted...

message 33: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1934 comments We would love to have you join us in April, Fran and just drop in and chat before that as well. And Lisa Kay, Please join us!! It will be so much fun!!

message 34: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1934 comments Mind Game (GhostWalkers, #2) by Christine Feehan

I'll be starting this one later today or early tomorrow. I'm excited to re-read this one!

message 35: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1964 comments I will be too Leslie (after I try to get through another 50 pages of Feast For Crows for the day ~ AHH!! ☺ )

message 36: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1934 comments I'm reading something else I have to for another challenge. It should be pretty quick. Then I'm going to read some in Feast for Crows and then I will start Mind Game!

message 37: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1934 comments On page 156. Love this one!! Dahlia is a great character - funny and tough. And Nick is very sexy and tough. I love them together and I love the how the story is unfolding. And of course it's in Lousiana, so it's all good.

message 38: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1964 comments I'm on page 75. I really like Dahlia and you get to see a much softer side of Nick than was expected from how he was in the first book. I still get a kick out of the fact that both of them don't understand the weird sensations/feelings they have around each other.

message 39: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1964 comments Finished it this morning. Dahlia and Nicolas are wonderful together. Loved how she still stayed true to her independent spirit. Off to put Night Game on hold. Have to try to get back into Feast For Crows tonight ~ that one is so slow going!

message 40: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1934 comments Yes, this was a much different read than FFC!! I really loved this one - loved Nick and Dahlia. He seemed so cold in the first one - but I think given his two grandfathers it shows that he was loved and so was capable of loving someone. She was the damaged one.
I had originally read this one a long time after reading others in the series. Now I see that this story really explains so much more about the girls and what Whitney was doing and sets the stage for the other books in the series.
I do have to say however, that it drives me crazy what she does with her Louisiana setting and characters! I'd forgotten about that.

message 41: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1964 comments I do have to say however, that it drives me crazy what she does with her Louisiana setting and characters! I'd forgotten about that

I'm not sure what you mean??

Yes he did seem so cold and unfeeling/emoitionless in the first one. I think that is why I forgot the second book was about him. So many of the others guys seem likable much more so than him. However, they fit together perfectly!!

message 42: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1934 comments Hi! As soon as I finish up 1 book I will be ready to start this. So excited. And you will hear me whining alot about her take on all things south Louisiana with this one. I still love the story, but it makes me crazy!!

message 43: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1964 comments Hey ~ Leslie wasn't able to start this last night. Will probably start it tonight. My daughter has a "undernighter" so I have to stay up late to pick her up. So I will read while I'm waiting to be able to go get her and then go to bed,lol.

message 44: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1934 comments Hi - what is an undernighter? I've never heard that term. And how old is your daughter? I have 3. Girls are awesome!!

I just started this morning. It worked out for a team challenge! Yea!!! I will chat with you about it after you start. Have fun!

message 45: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1964 comments An undernighter is like a sleepover but they don't stay the night. Picking her up at 11pm. She will turn 11 on Thanksgiving. She is tons of fun. Super girlie. It's all about clothes, makeup, nail polish, jewelry fun accessories etc. Then I have one boy he'll turn 13 in early December. He is all boy. Into sports, video games, paint balling and computer games.
I'm just starting chapter 4.
I just love Flame she is a riot!! Ooh and Gator's lazy drawl ~yum!

Since I've never been to Loiusiana I'm assuming from your comments that her descriptions are not accurate?

(view spoiler)

message 46: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1934 comments I really love this book but no - nothing is right about what she's written about Louisiana. But Gator is still such a fun character, who cares. But - there are no cajuns near New Orleans. They live to the west of NO about 2 hours away. You could possibly find people like she's describing way out in the bayou, but not near New Orleans. Also, they still use pirogues (pronounced PEE ROE), but not with a pole. They have small outboard motors on them. Having Cajuns near NO is probably my biggest pet peeve in this story. But I'd forgotten how much I like Flame and Gator. They are awesome together. And so much stuff about Whitney is explained in this one. No wonder I was so confused when I read them all out of order before.

How fun! I have 3 girls and 1 boy. They are a mix of girlie and tomboy. He is quite a boy and yet growing up with 3 sisters, he is great with girls. If you go on my profile you can see pictures of my kids.

message 47: by Randi (new)

Randi | 119 comments Wow... I thought I was behind in this series but to my surprise, I'm not that far... I think I haven't read Ruthless Games yet though I did know in the previous books that Kadan was looking for his woman. Maybe I did, I can't remember. I'll wait to read or reread it until May :D

Gator and Flame's story is one of my favorites in the series!

message 48: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1934 comments Is Kaden's story #4? I can't remember it's been so long since I've read this series.

message 49: by Randi (new)

Randi | 119 comments Oh! KANE - that's what I mean :D

message 50: by Randi (new)

Randi | 119 comments Kadan's story is #7

« previous 1 3