Don't Judge a Book by Its Movie. discussion

Movie Reviews

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by P, aspiring author and bookworm (last edited Feb 03, 2009 04:08PM) (new)

P (preethib) | 27 comments Mod
Reviewing movies! This doesn't have to be about movies that are based on books...they can be about any movie.

message 2: by P, aspiring author and bookworm (new)

I think the most recent book that has been made into a movie is Twilight which did not live up to my expectations. I also think that Inkheart is coming out soon. What do you guys think?

message 3: by Frances (new)

Frances (parentheticalnote) I want to see Twilight, for the humor.

Recent movies I've seen...Horton Hears a Who!

Haha, I expected to groan and hide my face away at the horror of it all when I first heard the title, but it was actually a pretty good movie. It had a narrator who read lines from the actual book between the scenes, and it followed the story pretty well, but was still interesting enough for an hour-long movie because of the added dialogue.

message 4: by Joon (last edited Feb 03, 2009 05:46PM) (new)

Joon (JoonChang) | 30 comments One of my latest movies I watched was Resident Evil Degeneration. If you know the game, then you should know the movie. (I do not own the game). Caution: Not suited for kids who hate blood and zombies.

message 5: by Kathy (last edited Feb 03, 2009 06:15PM) (new)

Kathy Kennedy (willows) | 5 comments I am currently reading City of Ember among others. LOL. when i went to Redbox I saw a movie called City of Ember is this after the book? no spoilers. just started the book and if there is a movie, I want to read the book first

message 6: by Kathy (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:45AM) (new)

Kathy Kennedy (willows) | 5 comments oh and btw.. I LOVED the twilight books. I was disappointed in the movie. But, like a faithful twilight fan I saw it four tims despite the low budget. I am very excitied to hear all the buzz surounding new moon. New director. Thank god! more money and better actors signing up for the roles of Jane, Alex and others.

message 7: by P, aspiring author and bookworm (new)

Yeah I'm pretty excited about the new director too...the first one was not so good. I don't know if the movie City of Ember is after the book, but I've heard of the book..I should read it...
I haven't heard of Resident Evil Degeneration...

message 8: by Frances (new)

Frances (parentheticalnote) I want to watch Resident Evil Degeneration so much! The games are amazing. XD

message 9: by Joon (new)

Joon (JoonChang) | 30 comments The games are okay. I just don't like the sudden attacks and surprises the monsters give you. I also hate the fact that you have such little ammo. I thought that the movie was great. Kind of sad though.

message 10: by Frances (new)

Frances (parentheticalnote) The games are really good for stress relief.

message 11: by *JUHI* (new)

*JUHI* | 3 comments I'm really excited about Inkheart I wanna go see it sooooo bad
plus it has the guy from the Mummy Movies!!!

message 12: by Kathy (last edited Feb 05, 2009 02:42PM) (new)

Kathy Kennedy (willows) | 5 comments Okay! to follow up on my question earlier. The city of Ember is a movie. I finished the book. so, so in my opinion and then watched the movie. The movie was produced by Tom Hanks and Bill Murray was the Mayor. I didn't know it exsisted. When did it come out? Btw. I don't think movies are as great as books. This movie left out and changed a lot of things that were in the book and was a little harder to follow if you didn't read the book.

message 13: by P, aspiring author and bookworm (new)

I agree. Especially the Harry Potter Movies. I used to go to them just to laugh at how much of the book they left out. (And plus...I couldn't just NOT see it... ;P)

message 14: by Joon (new)

Joon (JoonChang) | 30 comments The Harry Potter movies are getting worse.

message 15: by Christie (new)

Christie TRUE! I'm so disappointment with Yates, he is not very good director for harry potter movie... it start to annoying me >_<
I wish Jackson (lord of the rings) could direct this movie :) it going to be epic!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

New Moon (other topics)