Pride and Prejudice Pride and Prejudice question

Mr. Bingley in 2005 version
Marren Marren Sep 09, 2012 01:34PM
What do you think of Mr. Bingley. Sometimes I wanted to shake him, at times he made me laugh. Others times he looked like a love puppy. What do you think?

I absolutely loved him. Such a good man. The people around him (his sisters and Darcy) were way too pushy, and he was much too kind and mild-mannered to pick a fight with them about anything. But there was that once scene when he told Darcy that he didn't understand why he was determined to dislike everyone he met. I liked that he spoke his mind there.

Anna (last edited Apr 21, 2013 03:10PM ) Apr 21, 2013 03:10PM   0 votes
Mr. Bingley was nice and a bit naive, yes, but he was not stupid, and I felt that this version made him so.

He was really funny. I liked his comments about reading at the first ball. I wish he had been blonde instead of a redhead, though.

In my opinion the character has low self confidence.

I love Simon Woods. I thought he was quirkily adorable in this. He was also in Penelope with Christina Ricci and James Mcavoy and his character was such a twat that when I saw him as Bingley and fell in love with his character, I knew he was a good actor. I thought he did fantastic. Loved him.

Ree omg I watched both movies several times and never made the connection. He really is a great actor!
Apr 21, 2013 04:21PM · flag

I loved Mr. Bingley in the 2005 version! He played the part so well!

I definitely liked the "Lost in Austen" Mr. Bingley best!!

Anna Agreed. Must watch for the second time.
Oct 24, 2012 04:33PM · flag