Don't Judge a Book by Its Movie. discussion

Introduce Yourself....

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by P, aspiring author and bookworm (new)

P (preethib) | 27 comments Mod
OK...so most of us are from CVMS (or have been.. Kevin and Frances =) )but if you aren't...please introduce yourselves!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh. I guess that counts me out. Darn.

message 3: by P, aspiring author and bookworm (new)

You can if you want to...

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan (Meganmei) | 14 comments Well I have no idea what CVMS stands for so I guess that means me. I'm not exactly sure what you want to know. I like to write, even though I have this knack for never finishing actual books. But I do write anything from letters to english essays to my journal. I also strongly agree with the title of this group: NEVER judge a book by the movie. There is so much more to books that movies could never capture.

message 5: by P, aspiring author and bookworm (new)

That's great!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Books have more detail...I do agree.

message 7: by Joon (new)

Joon (JoonChang) | 30 comments Movies leave out a lot of stuff.

message 8: by Jin (new)

Jin | 6 comments CVMS stands for Canyon Vista Middle School. That counts me out too...

message 9: by Joon (new)

Joon (JoonChang) | 30 comments Counts most of us out.

message 10: by Megan (new)

Megan (Meganmei) | 14 comments Well I think you should still tell me a little about you! :)

message 11: by P, aspiring author and bookworm (new)

Ok...I'm P and I love to write and read. I enjoy any kind of book and I always see the movie if they make one, but I end up being disappointed and hating it. I like to examine every little detail about everything which can get annoying sometimes. ;P

message 12: by Jin (new)

Jin | 6 comments ok.I am Jin. And I love to read and write but I am still not that good. I also love music so I always think what kind of music will fit in when I am reading a book. But....it never matched when movie comes out......which kind of sucks........

message 13: by Shruti (new)

Shruti | 11 comments okay...im shruti and movies never live up to my standards...ya...ummm...i dont like spanish...
no comprendo la tarea

message 14: by Joon (new)

Joon (JoonChang) | 30 comments I am Joon Chang. I love to have fun, work, and research. I always try to do my best and make sure everything is perfect. I particullary like math because it makes me thing. Once I start a good book, I can't stop reading. I hate the fact that the movies based off of books are so horrible. It makes me so ashamed. Anyway, I try to stay optimistic and I'll like to make friends with anyone.

message 15: by Megan (new)

Megan (Meganmei) | 14 comments cool it's nice to know a little bit about your interests ^^ Shruti, that was really random about not liking spanish... haha were you trying to some homework or something? Jin, I really like what you said about music. I'm always doing things like that

message 16: by Shruti (new)

Shruti | 11 comments yup i was doing my hw... no comprendo la tarea means i dont understand the homework

message 17: by Jin (new)

Jin | 6 comments Really?? I love doing that. It helps our brains to think more creative.(Don't mind my poor grammers)
Here is more about me.
I am 13 and I play clarinet and piano. I love music and have been doing it for long time. I wasn't really a writer or lover of books in Korea, but after I came here, that's all I do whenever I have free times. And of course checking goodreads.:)

message 18: by Megan (new)

Megan (Meganmei) | 14 comments 13? haha I guess you guys do go to middle school. Cool. ;P yeah I've taken some spanish. I don't really like it that much. bilingual isn't for me. lol I wish I could play an instrument. I just sing.

message 19: by Jin (new)

Jin | 6 comments I can't sing at all. I wish I could sing. YOu can sing wherever you want, but you need your instrument to make music when you can't sing at all.

message 20: by Megan (new)

Megan (Meganmei) | 14 comments haha except when you're sick and then it sucks and there's nothing you can do. but that's ok everyone's different for a reason!

message 21: by Christie (new)

Christie HI, i'm Christie, 18. I love to read and i'm kinda sucks at write lol :P I always like to see the movie if they make one, but usually it is not good. and umm... i'm really sucks at singing cuz im deaf :P. I'm not that into music, but i like to hear the beat...esp. drums :D