Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Dmitry's Closet (The Medlov Crime Family, #1)
This topic is about Dmitry's Closet
Buddy Reads Archive > Dmitry's Closet by Latrivia S. Nelson *Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 9730 comments Mod
This thread is for those who were inspired to read the book based on the Q&A session last night with Ms. Nelson.

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) Me! Me! Lol !

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) In reply to Purplegirl in the chat thread, HELL YES !! Must be the accent....

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish What are the dates or is it open ended?

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 9730 comments Mod
It's open-ended, I would guess???

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) I've just left my review (am the first uk reviewer!)... It's got no spoilers. I loved the book !

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) Oh I wanted to say thanks for not spoiling anything in the chats and thread :) was lovely of you all :)

I read your review. It was really good! I had a very similar thought about the book when I read it.

What was your favorite scene?

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) (view spoiler)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) You?

Tough one. (view spoiler)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) Yea that was nice... (view spoiler)

message 13: by Fashionista (last edited Sep 12, 2012 02:09AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fashionista  (fashionista99) | 187 comments Lorraine - Lover of Jellybeans wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

I've read this entire series twice! I know I will read them again and again!

@Lorraine - that was one of my favorite scenes too: (view spoiler) 

message 14: by Fashionista (last edited Sep 12, 2012 02:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fashionista  (fashionista99) | 187 comments I posted this in the casting thread - just wanted to share it here too.

Dmitry always gets me *sighs, cries, drools* with the way that he is so gentle with Royal but ruthless with his crime syndicate. He is so sexy. 

Here is a sweet moment from Dmitry's Closet:(view spoiler) 

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) I agree with you Fashionista

(view spoiler)

Fashionista  (fashionista99) | 187 comments Yep, I can say for sure that those one liners definitely do fit Anatoly.
Just wait til you read the next book!

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) I think I'm going to have to do some serious bumping up the tbr list !

There's a huge dichotomy in Dmitry's character. He is completely ruthless in some ways, but very honorable, loving, and loyal in others. I appreciated that about him. Of course, stealing, killing and hurting people is wrong. LN gives us a three-dimensional character with flaws that we can still love despite those flaws.

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) Yea I think he does inspire respect, I mean he might be mafia and everything, but there is a lot of thinking through and a lot of work involved for him to get to that stage (even though he says he doesn't work), he's not a thug

I agree. He's definitely not a thug.

Fashionista  (fashionista99) | 187 comments I third that. Dmitry is nobody's thug. He way to well-mannered, dapper, and collected for that.