We Read Indie Books RG2E! discussion

September book discussion: The Alchemical Detective

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Ward (tamaraward) | 80 comments Mod
The Alchemical Detective (Riga Hayworth, #2) by Kirsten Weiss

Let's discuss the book here when we've finished reading it!

message 2: by C.C. (new)

C.C. MacKenzie (GoodreadscomCC) | 17 comments This looks really good. Just downloaded it and will read it asap. After I've read the most important ones in my TBR pile.

Thanks, Tamara :)

message 3: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (rhondahopkins) | 43 comments I really enjoyed the book. It's fast-paced, great characters. Loved the gargoyle as best friend. :-) Anyone else finished yet?

message 4: by Tamara (new)

Not yet! Just finished reading a book for my neighborhood book club. Gone Girl. Had to pay $12 for the Kindle version! Ugh! But a fantastic read. I'm beginning this one later today! Sounds great!

message 5: by Kassandra (new)

Kassandra Lamb (kasslamb) | 18 comments Brigette the gargoyle is fantastic. I read Kirsten Weiss' first book in this series and enjoyed it. But I think this one is even better. She's hit her stride. I'm not a huge fan of paranormal books but I like this one mainly because the plot is well organized and well-paced and, most importantly, the characters are realistic. Riga Hayworth may have magical powers and be able to see ghosts but she's a real woman with conflicts, insecurities, etc. I won't say anything more about the storyline just yet until others have finished it.

message 6: by C.C. (new)

C.C. MacKenzie (GoodreadscomCC) | 17 comments Not yet! Am going to asap for a bit of light relief!

message 7: by Tamara (new)

I'm about halfway through. I think the gargoyle is a fantastic character and so much fun! I think the story is well-balanced. Riga has up times with her man and down times with her struggles with her magic and the mystery.

message 8: by Nigel (new)

Nigel | 12 comments Bought, not even started it, and now I've voted for next months. :(

I think I need a long plane ride to have enough time to catch up!

message 9: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (rhondahopkins) | 43 comments Nigel wrote: "Bought, not even started it, and now I've voted for next months. :(

I think I need a long plane ride to have enough time to catch up!"

Completely understand. I need more hours to read as well.

message 10: by Dana (new)

Dana Delamar (danadelamar) | 16 comments Like Nigel, I bought it, but haven't had a chance to read it. :( I've been up to my eyeballs in other stuff. I will comment once I do get to it... which hopefully will be within a few weeks.