Fantasy Aficionados discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Achive > October monthly read-- RAFFLE

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by carol., Senor Crabbypants (last edited Sep 09, 2012 11:43AM) (new)

carol. | 2616 comments To Ride Hell's Chasm has won our author read and our monthly read! In honor of the occasion, Janny's publisher has graciously offered to send FIVE new readers a copy of the book! Janny will contribute with a personalized bookplate!

Rules:
1. You had to vote for the October monthly read, either author or general book. Doesn't matter if you voted for Janny's book or not.
2. Open to U.S. residents only at this time
3. Leave a 'comment' with your name. We'll be taking the names and entering them into an online-raffle program such as Raffle King, so you might want to leave your whole name if it is similar to another member.
4. The publisher's only request is that books preferably go to NEW readers of Janny's works.
5. Winners will need to be comfortable with giving Janny their name and address so she can forward to the publisher, who will send the book.

message 2: by Brenda ╰☆╮ (last edited Sep 09, 2012 11:48AM) (new)

Brenda ╰☆╮    (brnda) | 1409 comments I love this....just recently became one of Janny's fans. Can't wait to start the Oct. read.
:)
Full name... Brenda Hare-Ireland

message 3: by Katy (new)

Katy (kathy_h) Bummer that I missed voting in the poll for October. But I still plan to be in on the discussions. Great offer. Thanks Janny.

message 4: by Kim (new)

Kim | 43 comments Although there are not too many of them...this is one of those moments that it sucks to be Canadian :(

message 5: by carol., Senor Crabbypants (new)

carol. | 2616 comments I'll check with Janny, Kim. I know there is a different publisher for UK, so I was thinking overseas when I wrote that. I don't know anything about ins/outs of publishing.

message 6: by Janny (new)

Janny (jannywurts) | 181 comments Carol wrote: "I'll check with Janny, Kim. I know there is a different publisher for UK, so I was thinking overseas when I wrote that. I don't know anything about ins/outs of publishing."

The distribution of the books occurs by region, so a US based office can't handle books outside their area. If I can get other areas to jump on board - then the territory can be expanded.

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 102 comments Bummer. I'm Canadian too.

message 8: by Kim (new)

Kim | 43 comments Thanks Janny. It would be cool to be included in the raffle :), if not, no worries, I'm still looking forward to joining in on the read!

message 9: by mark (new)

mark monday (happy-end-of-the-world) | 380 comments here's a comment with my name! i'm looking forward to this group read as i've been meaning to read some Wurts for a while now.

message 10: by carol., Senor Crabbypants (new)

carol. | 2616 comments Hmm, maybe the Canadians could get a US person to be their blind :)

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 102 comments Well I have a friend in the US that lets me ship to their house and I'll be visiting them next month. Would that work?

message 12: by Maggie (new)

Maggie K | 730 comments Hey, count me in...I have the series but not this one. and I am in the states! Barely....(an hour from the canadian border)

message 13: by Eric (new)

Eric (eterrell3) | 2 comments I've never read anything by Janny, so count me in! Eric Terrell

message 14: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Connon | 3 comments I would like to read this, I don't believe I have read any of her books yet. Sorry, I admit that wasn't the book I voted for.

message 15: by carol., Senor Crabbypants (new)

carol. | 2616 comments Jconnon--that's okay, as long as you voted. We were trying to reserve the reward for the people that wanted to participate in the monthly read. We'll count you!

message 16: by Olga (new)

Olga Godim (olgagodim) | 308 comments I'm a Canadian too. I love my country, but sometimes it becomes a nuisance: to live an hour north of the border and be subjected to such limitations. Still, I remain hopeful. Although I never read Janny before, she is in my TBR list.

message 17: by Madeleine (new)

Madeleine Holly-Rosing (mhollyrosing) | 13 comments I have not read any of Janny's work, so I'd love to give it a try. Please enter me in the raffle.

Madeleine Holly-Rosing

message 18: by Ow1goddess (new)

Ow1goddess I was planning on reading this even if it didn't win the vote! I think I tried Curse of the Mistwraith when I was maybe 11 or 12 and was too young for it...so I'd love to try again!

Molly K. (full name on request)

message 19: by carol., Senor Crabbypants (last edited Sep 15, 2012 01:17PM) (new)

carol. | 2616 comments Ok, I entered Brenda, Mark, Jessica, Maggie, Eric, Jconnon, Madeleine and Molly K.

Questions, comments or concerns?

If no objections or additions, will post results by Sunday afternoon, central standard time. I've been messaging winners as well through the GR system.

message 20: by carol., Senor Crabbypants (new)

carol. | 2616 comments Entered in the Janny Wurts raffle
Brenda
Mark
Jessica
Maggie
Eric
Jconnon
Madeleine
Molly

Winners (selected randomly through Raffle King program):

Maggie, Brenda, Jessica, Madeleine, Jconnon

Please message Janny Wurts with your full name and your U.S. address as soon as possible. She will forward your names to the publisher.

message 21: by mark (new)

mark monday (happy-end-of-the-world) | 380 comments i demand a recount! or, er, a re-raffle! until i win!

still really looking forward to the group read. book looks great and the reviews are interesting.

message 22: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Connon | 3 comments Woohooo,Thank you. I look forward to reading it.

message 23: by Madeleine (new)

Madeleine Holly-Rosing (mhollyrosing) | 13 comments That's great! Look forward to reading it.

Brenda ╰☆╮    (brnda) | 1409 comments Thank you!
So excited...

message 25: by Madeleine (new)

Madeleine Holly-Rosing (mhollyrosing) | 13 comments Just started reading it. So far so good. :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.