Ian Somerhalder Foundation Book Club discussion

ISF Animal Sanctuary

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Debby (last edited Sep 09, 2012 06:18PM) (new)

Debby (debbyfeo) Do you know about the Animal Sanctuary that Ian Somerhalder wants to build? Here is a link to information about it: http://www.isfoundation.com/campaign/...
There are many ways you can help Ian build his sanctuary:
If you buy Kim's book "Path of the Stray", 100% goes to ISF
You can also vote for ISF to win one of these grants: https://fb.chasegiving.com/charity/vi...
If you are from Louisiana, you can support Ian at a very important Council Meeting on Sept 10th.

message 2: by Kim (new)

Kim Falconer (kimfalconer) | 297 comments Debby wrote: "Do you know about the Animal Sanctuary that Ian Somerhalder wants to build? Here is a link to information about it: http://www.isfoundation.com/campaign/...
There are many ways yo..."

Voted! Thank you Debby for spreading the word!

message 3: by Debby (new)

Debby (debbyfeo) ISF is in second place at the moment. Vote winner gets a $250,000 grant from Chase Giving.

message 4: by Kim (new)

Kim Falconer (kimfalconer) | 297 comments Everyone, take a moment to vote. Let's tip the scale to ISF!!!! Sanctuary!!!!

message 5: by Debby (new)

Debby (debbyfeo) Please, everyone vote, and tell your friends to vote. ISF has dropped down to 4th place.

message 6: by Debby (new)

Debby (debbyfeo) Okay, ISF up to 3rd place, (going back and forth) ISF has 9786 votes. Top place: 14,952 votes. Winner gets $250,000 grant. If you haven't voted please do. If you have voted, please RT on Twitter, this link to vote: https://www.facebook.com/ChaseCommuni...
If you have voted, thank you. To follow Ian Somerhalder's tweets: @iansomerhalder - he has been tweeting to get out the vote.

message 7: by Kim (new)

Kim Falconer (kimfalconer) | 297 comments Debby wrote: "Okay, ISF up to 3rd place, (going back and forth) ISF has 9786 votes. Top place: 14,952 votes. Winner gets $250,000 grant. If you haven't voted please do. If you have voted, please RT on Twitt..."

Ian has millions of followers! We just need a fraction of them to go the extra mile and 'click!'.

Please vote everyone! It seriously only takes seconds and could get the animal shelter off the ground!

message 8: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (veronicabuhl) | 23 comments If I could vote again for ISF I definitely would...but they won't let me. :-(

message 9: by Kim (new)

Kim Falconer (kimfalconer) | 297 comments Veronica wrote: "If I could vote again for ISF I definitely would...but they won't let me. :-("

You can on another computer!!!!

message 10: by Debby (new)

Debby (debbyfeo) ISF is currently in 4th place with 13584 votes, vote leader has 21160.

message 11: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Dubois | 93 comments why people do not mobilize more?
"An action is a thought that manifested"
Paulo Coelho
I hummm ....
just a personal reflection !

message 12: by Kim (new)

Kim Falconer (kimfalconer) | 297 comments Let's all take a moment to VISUALIZE all of ISF and Ian's followers mobilizing to vote. Picture it in your mind and feel what that feels like. An avalanche of support!!!!

Thoughts become things. Let's put our focus on what we want to SEE happen, that and only that!

message 13: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (veronicabuhl) | 23 comments Kim, that's a brilliant idea. I love it. Will give it a try.... :-)

message 14: by Debby (new)

Debby (debbyfeo) Voting for the Ian Somerhalder Foundation to win a Chase Giving grant ends on the 19th. Please don't wait for the last day. If there is a tie for the winner, the charity who achieved the highest number of votes first, win. Winner gets $250,000. https://www.facebook.com/ChaseCommuni...
Kim, thank you for all your help! :)

message 15: by Zoe (last edited Sep 17, 2012 01:00AM) (new)

Zoe (areia) | 9 comments hopefully fingers crossed added up to 200 extra votes, just demanded freinds and family to vote :D not a lot but as they say every lil helps

message 16: by Debby (new)

Debby (debbyfeo) Thank you so much Zoe! Louisiana needs this animal sanctuary now more than ever!

message 17: by Petra (new)

Petra Bobovec szabó | 22 comments We are trending on twitter in about 70 minutes to spread the word.more votes are needed.join us and show support for ian's great cause. Put this in your tweets "vote ISF".hope u all voted.if not: https://fb.chsasegiving.com/charity/v...
Xoxo

message 18: by Leah (new)

Leah Soucy | 19 comments I don't understand why ALL of his twitter followers are not voting. It only takes a second, it's free & he has been putting it out there ruthlessly. A lot of people have re-tweeted. Come on people..VOTE!!

message 19: by Petra (new)

Petra Bobovec szabó | 22 comments It is really annoying that he has 2,6m followers on twitter and only 16k voted.but we are doing everything we can to get more people to vote...but i am not sure anymore that we can make it...:-(

message 20: by Leah (new)

Leah Soucy | 19 comments It's ALL over twitter now!! How awesome..we just may have done it!!! Great work everyone!!!

message 21: by Petra (new)

Petra Bobovec szabó | 22 comments I was trending as well...until twitter put me in jail because of tweeting too much...never thought i would end up in jail because of ian somerhalder...and now i cant help anymore...

message 22: by Leah (new)

Leah Soucy | 19 comments Petra wrote: "I was trending as well...until twitter put me in jail because of tweeting too much...never thought i would end up in jail because of ian somerhalder...and now i cant help anymore..."

Really?? I've never heard of that. I didn't know you could tweet too much..

message 23: by Petra (new)

Petra Bobovec szabó | 22 comments I googled the expression twitter jail and it says they can block ur account if u tweet like 1000 tweets an hour...i guess i was close to that...i saw yesterday people tweeting about twitter jail but until today i did not know what it meant...well who cares...if ian's foundation wins the grant it was worth all the effort...even if half of the fans end up in twitter jail. :-D

message 24: by Debby (new)

Debby (debbyfeo) Petra, I usually tweet until I get jailed. Jail only lasts a couple of hours. If this is the first time, the jail time is usually less. I'm about to get back on Twitter. The number of tweets you can get in before you are jailed seems to vary.

message 25: by Debby (new)

Debby (debbyfeo) The volunteers in Germany are really good about keeping trends going. We did make a world-wide trend. I'm about to go check the Leaderboard, then tweet some more today. I got jailed about 46 minutes into the trend attempt.

message 26: by Leah (new)

Leah Soucy | 19 comments Debby wrote: "The volunteers in Germany are really good about keeping trends going. We did make a world-wide trend. I'm about to go check the Leaderboard, then tweet some more today. I got jailed about 46 min..."
I've checked the leaderboard a few times but it hasn't been updated since 6am. I really hope a lot of people voted today!
that twitter jail thing is so bizarre. I'm still pretty new to twitter so I had never heard of it

message 27: by Barnyard (new)

Barnyard ISF (barnyardisf) | 121 comments On twitter I am not allowed to 'follow' anyone else because I reached a 2000 follow limit until I get more followers. That's the first restriction that I ran into.

message 28: by Petra (new)

Petra Bobovec szabó | 22 comments Omg barnyard.didnt know that.so many restrictions.but we are trending today evening again.same time.join us if u can and show some support.find me under @petrabsz With joined forced we still might make 1st place.xxx

message 29: by Barnyard (new)

Barnyard ISF (barnyardisf) | 121 comments What time is that in California?

message 30: by Petra (new)

Petra Bobovec szabó | 22 comments The time converter i googled says 12:00 los angeles time.here it is 21:00 CEST. It will be in 12,5 hours.hope to c ya!

message 31: by Petra (new)

Petra Bobovec szabó | 22 comments I will post here again an hour before we start.so keep checking!

message 32: by Barnyard (last edited Sep 17, 2012 11:44PM) (new)

Barnyard ISF (barnyardisf) | 121 comments I followed you with my other account... @faunabay

message 33: by Petra (new)

Petra Bobovec szabó | 22 comments Barnyard just got the message.follow u right back.c ya at trending later!

message 34: by Barnyard (new)

Barnyard ISF (barnyardisf) | 121 comments Might be working at noon, but good luck to ISF!

message 35: by Petra (new)

Petra Bobovec szabó | 22 comments Thanks!

message 36: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Dubois | 93 comments Each one is best, but what to do now ?

message 37: by Petra (new)

Petra Bobovec szabó | 22 comments dunno.i helped to trend yesterday but i guess we did not make it after all.voting closes today and we are still ten thousands of votes behind.makes me really really sad. :-(

message 38: by Debby (new)

Debby (debbyfeo) Hi ladies, we did trend on Tuesday. The leaderboard doesn't get updated too often. At 11 p.m. PST, the leader had 90,334 votes, ISF had 21,498. ISF is in 4th place, if it stays in top ten, should get $100,000. If you click on the name of the charity, you can see # of votes. Sept 19th, today, is the last day. voting ends just before midnight tonight.

message 39: by Petra (new)

Petra Bobovec szabó | 22 comments I know that.but we all were aiming for 1st place.that is what ian would have wanted as well since winner gets 250.000$.really don't know where all those 2,6m followers of ian were.:-(

message 40: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Dubois | 93 comments We still have, until tonight! there on the podium, we can win a place or maybe two! so let go ! *____*

message 41: by Petra (new)

Petra Bobovec szabó | 22 comments Yeah.i thought today the voting will already be closed.one more chance tonight.i am definitely in.will be there.VOTE ISF xxx

message 42: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Dubois | 93 comments Petra wrote: "Yeah.i thought today the voting will already be closed.one more chance tonight.i am definitely in.will be there.VOTE ISF xxx"

Final straight. must mobilize all our social networks. And we will play our role and did what we had to do!

message 43: by Petra (new)

Petra Bobovec szabó | 22 comments LET US DO EVERYTHING WE CAN ONE MORE TIME BEFORE VOTING CLOSES.TWEET.RETWEET LIKE MAD.DO NOT WORRY IF YOUR FINGERS HURT OR IFVUVEND UP IN TWITTER JAIL LIKE ME THE OTHER DAY.SHOW SUPPORT AND "VOTE ISF".XOXO

message 44: by Petra (new)

Petra Bobovec szabó | 22 comments IF U END UP...typing from my smartphone that is why I type nonsense at times

message 45: by Debby (new)

Debby (debbyfeo) Just got "jailed" on Twitter for too many tweets urging people to vote. The other volunteers on Twitter are still trying to trend.

message 46: by Petra (new)

Petra Bobovec szabó | 22 comments I am still in.tweeting for u too.;-)

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

VOTING AND TELLING EVERYONE I KNOW!!COME ON WE CAN DO IT!!!ISF!!!! LETS GOOOO!!!

message 48: by Barnyard (new)

Barnyard ISF (barnyardisf) | 121 comments So is there a trick to getting your second vote? Because I have been sharing it, people tell me that they have voted (from my link) but I still don't have access to the extra vote earned...

message 49: by Debby (new)

Debby (debbyfeo) Jailed again! Have you ladies seen the video from the set that Ian Somerhalder tweeted on Twitter? At 4:45p.m (PST), ISF was still in 4th but some lower charities are moving up the Leaderboard. Less than 4 hours left.

message 50: by Debby (new)

Debby (debbyfeo) Don't know about the extra votes, no one has gone thru my link on FB.

« previous 1