♥!The Young Adult Book Club!♥ discussion

Contemporary Books > John Green Books

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jude, The First One :) (new)

Jude (judehnd) | 565 comments Mod
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green Looking for Alaska by John Green Paper Towns by John Green An Abundance of Katherines by John Green Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green

One of the most known Contemporary Authors out there. Do you like John Green Novels?

message 2: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle I've read only one of his book, The Fault in Our Star. I think he's amazing. I will try Will Grayson, Will Grayson next.

message 3: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new)

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 3376 comments Mod
I haven't read any of them. They all sound sad :-( Can someone recommend me one of his books that for sure has a happy ending??

message 4: by Kasey (new)

Kasey The first two I need to read =]

message 5: by Nasia (last edited Sep 10, 2012 04:01AM) (new)

Nasia (simplynasia) | 50 comments Jennifer wrote: "I haven't read any of them. They all sound sad :-( Can someone recommend me one of his books that for sure has a happy ending??"

For a happy ending I think you should read An Abundance of Katherines by John Green :).
I read The Fault In Our Stars, Paper Towns and An abundance of Katherines. Hopefully going to read Looking for Alaska during Winter Break. The fault in our stars is mu favorite by him so far.

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie (kayteaface) I've read Looking For Alaska, The Fault In Our Stars and Paper Towns. Out of those three, Paper Towns was my favourite by far! I absolutely loved that book.
I didn't really get the hype around Looking For Alaska, though, to be honest. I was kind of left with an "oh, is that it?" feeling at the end :/

message 7: by Ishita (new)

Ishita (weirdtalkingdragon) | 13 comments I've read only Looking For Alaska by John Green. Which would y'all recommend next?

message 8: by Ishita (new)

Ishita (weirdtalkingdragon) | 13 comments Katie wrote: "I've read Looking For Alaska, The Fault In Our Stars and Paper Towns. Out of those three, Paper Towns was my favourite by far! I absolutely loved that book.
I didn't really get the hype around Look..."

I liked Looking for Alaska, but as you said, the end was a little abrupt. And I couldn't really connect to any of the characters, so I didn't enjoy it that much. But his writing, and the concepts he introduced, were really good.

message 9: by Colby (new)

Colby (colbz) I don't think that one should read John Green books looking for a 'happy ending'...he's very real with you about how things are, so his books are often sad.

message 10: by Maya (new)

Maya | 37 comments I read The Fault in Our Stars and I instantly became a fan of John Green. I like how, he's real, he doesnt sugarcoat anything and yes it could cause you to cry for hours, but, I like it. He's very realistic.

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Miller I love John Green's books, I have since I came across Looking for Alaska randomly. His books don't have what I'd call a "happy ending," but they are those stories that just make you feel good and will stick with you for months after you read it. That's been my experience anyway! Haven't read Will Grayson, Will Grayson, though, so I can't vouch for that one.

message 12: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (waterspout) | 370 comments I woke up one day thinking, An Abundance of Katherines, over and over and I was like, "what the hell is that?" lol

message 13: by Pauline (new)

Pauline | 5 comments I've read 3 books by John Green; The Fault in our Stars, Looking for Alaska & Will Grayson, Will Grayson.I loved all three of them and I don't think the endings/books are depressing. They gave me hope, through diffucult times (: So don't let them being sad stop you from reading them! I hope to read Paper Towns and An abundance of Katherines soon :D

Em~Lost In A Dream~ | 1034 comments Read two of his,The Fault In Our Stars and Looking for Alaska. Loved them both,especially the first one.=)

message 15: by Grace P (new)

Grace P (gracefulreads) Love Them though the only one i have read is The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

message 16: by Harii (new)

Harii (jaekri) Pauline wrote: "I've read 3 books by John Green; The Fault in our Stars, Looking for Alaska & Will Grayson, Will Grayson.I loved all three of them and I don't think the endings/books are depressing. They gave me h..."

I wanted to read John Green's books but haven't because everyone tells me they're sad. so I'm gonna take your word for it and start reading his books.

message 17: by Ella (new)

Ella Hanley (ellajanehanley) To anyone who hasn't read The fault in our stars, it's a must read! It's very emotional and almost guaranteed tears but it's worth it because it's such a beautiful read :)

message 18: by Maria (new)

Maria (mzaria) | 65 comments I've read The Fault In Our Stars, Paper Towns and Looking for Alaska but I couldn't read An Abundance of Katherines. It was unappealing and I couldn't fall right into the story like I do with other books. Hopefully going to try out Let It Snow soon..

message 19: by Ron (new)

Ron Estrada Okay, y'all roped me in. And thank you. I've now read An Abundance of Katherines and Looking for Alaska. And currently reading The Fault in Our Stars. He's a fantastic writer.

message 20: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 9 comments I just finished looking for Alaska and I loved it! I am also in the process of reading tfios but I think so far, I like looking for Alaska better. John green is a wonderful author

message 21: by Lena (new)

Lena | 31 comments I admit, I'm not his biggest fan. I did enjoy TFIOS, but there are other contemporary YA authors I prefer much more. I may try WG,WG, because it's a topic of interest to me and it's cowritten.

message 22: by Heather (new)

Heather  (heatherifique) | 5 comments I have read all of his books and no one is similar to the other. It taackles different issues which is why all of his books are worth the read. I love WG WG the most. Its a tad happier than the rest plus David levithan is a co author. Nothing could go wrong!

message 23: by LoLita (new)

LoLita (lolita_KO) | 4 comments I have only read TFIOS and I just loved it, it's the kinda novels that you instantly connect to and you wouldn't want to stop reading for any possible reason. I also loved how real and moving it is.
I will probably try Looking For Alaska next.

message 24: by Lennie (new)

Lennie Daluz (lenniedaluz) | 29 comments I have read all of his novels and I think he is a great writer. DFTBA.

message 25: by Avalanche (new)

Avalanche (asecondbornsister) I read The Fault In Our Stars and Papertowns, and I liked Papertowns better, personally. I do think he is a good writer but I am not planning on reading another one soon since I like Fantasy too much.

message 26: by Night Owl (new)

Night Owl Reader (allnightreading) I read Paper Towns first, then I read Looking for Alaska(I think, I just picked it up randomly one day, and read it! So don't remember exactly what day!), then I read The Faults...

Here stands the rankings of the have reads:
1. Paper Town
2. The Faults...

With Looking for Alaska, I am in complete agreement with not knowing the hype surrounding it! I may give it another chance, and reread it though! I MAY give it another chance! I want to read Will Grayson, Will Grayson next! I really like David Levithan's writing.

message 27: by Mehru (new)

Mehru (wwwgoodreadsmcom) I like John Green but I think The Fault in our stars is a bit overrated. I really liked but I didn't fall for it like many others did.
Looking for Alaska on the other hand made me jump when I realised what the characters were missing. I really connected with the characters and I can not wait for the movie to come out!

message 28: by Erika (new)

Erika (erikakomaromi) | 8 comments I haven't read any of them. Do you guys recommend Looking For Alaska?

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Erika wrote: "I haven't read any of them. Do you guys recommend Looking For Alaska?"

Yes and no, I would start with An Abundance of Katherines first.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I love John Green books! I still need to finish Looking for Alaska and I haven't started Will Grayson, Will Grayson or Paper Towns, but I have read the rest of them. They are really something to look forward to!

message 31: by Victoria (new)

Victoria S | 18 comments I've read The Fault In Our Stars, Paper Towns and Looking for Alaska. I'm planning on reading Will Grayson, Will Grayson soon :)