Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Unable to re-order my Currently Reading list -

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phil (last edited Sep 09, 2012 05:19AM) (new)

Phil (Lanark) | 18 comments I always have several books on the go at any one time (currently five). While I can just about change the order of my To Read list (even if it's a bit clunky, it at least keeps the new order ... eventually) I've not been able to get GOod Reads to keep the new display order of my Currently Reading list. I've tried dragging and dropping, I've tried re-entering the numbers in the boxes and clicking Save New Positions, i've tried every option I can think of and while occasionally it will display the new order while I stay on the page - as soon as I leave the page and come back they're in the order of date I put them in the list again - which I don't want.

What am I missing?

I know it's a little thing, but only 3 will display on my home page and they're not the ones I want displaying.

Elizabeth (Alaska) I don't know what criteria GR uses to display the ones on your home page. Are those the ones you started reading first? Are they perhaps the ones you added first? Or are they the way they are ordered on your My Books page? I *do* know how to get that order on your My Books page changed to a different default. Go to shelf settings, select the column to sort by and click "save" in that box. Then that shelf will always be sorted that way rather than by the default. If you want them sorted by number, you will need to edit the shelf itself to sortable.

message 3: by Phil (new)

Phil (Lanark) | 18 comments Thanks people - I'll have a goat those two suggestions.