Horror Aficionados discussion

Off Topic > 2012 NFL Season

Comments Showing 1-50 of 181 (181 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments In spite of the midweek "kickoff" between the G-men and the Cowgirls, it is Sunday Week One...lots of great games happening today, least of which is the 8pm game tonight, where my Steelers vists Denver to hopefully thwart Peyton Manning...GO STEELERS!!!

message 2: by J (new)

J (blkdoggy) | 135 comments Down in South Florida it's going to be another miserable season for the Dolphins (sigh). Hopefully they'll win at least 1 game and hopefully it will be against the freakin Jets.

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Yeah...and what's with the two new books about the "undefeated season." The Fins need to start looking to the future...and perhaps that may be with Tannehill and Coach Philbin.

Jorge, my fiancee would probably strongly disagree with you! ;)

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Hey Jon, your Who Dats gonna stomp the Buccos today?

message 5: by Jon Recluse (new)

Jon Recluse | 12043 comments Mod
I don't see any reason why they shouldn't.

message 6: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Josh Freeman, perhaps? Just messing with you! ;)

message 7: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Crap...thought they were playing...Saints play the 'skins...should be interesting to see RG3 play against them, though.

message 8: by Tracy (new)

Tracy The Titans are playing the Patriots today. I am from TN and always for the home team unless......they are playing the Patriots.

message 9: by Jon Recluse (new)

Chris wrote: "Crap...thought they were playing...Saints play the 'skins...should be interesting to see RG3 play against them, though."

I'm gonna start ignoring you if you don't get this stuff straight......

message 10: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Too bad the Titans couldn't play better against the Patsies...but they did bloody Brady's nose, yay!

message 11: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Yeah well Chris the loss was expected but not the nose.

message 12: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Effing Peyton Manning...

message 13: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman | 8318 comments Steeler defense looking old. Hope they stop the Jets next week.

message 14: by Bill (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4890 comments 49ers looked good against the Packers. A few of the GB players came out and said that they beat themselves - as far as I can see SF completely spanked them and dominated the entire game - not beating yourself exactly...just out played on all sides of the ball.

message 15: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Me too, Gator! Hell, it would be nice to play the friggin Broncos at home for a change, instead of in that thin air...

message 16: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Hmmm, well, that was an asswhooping the Packers gave the Bears last night...and Cutler was sacked SEVEN times and threw 4 picks...yikes...guess Green Bay has a D after all...

message 17: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman | 8318 comments Cutler is such an ass. Shut your mouth, keep your hands to yourself and play the game. Will he ever learn?

message 18: by Chris (last edited Sep 15, 2012 03:13PM) (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Gator, I think he didn't leave a good taste in Bears' fans mouths when he pussed out during that playoff game last year and went to sit on the bench with a minor injury...

message 19: by Michael (new)

Michael (mikedecshop) | 1479 comments Shut up and play Jay

message 20: by Chris (last edited Sep 16, 2012 04:27AM) (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Week Two action today! What matchups do you like, who's going to win, lose...and Steelers have their home opener at 4:25pm today against the Jets...should be a good game, lots of ground and pounding, and perhaps we'll get to actually see Tebow play instead of run on and off the field...

message 21: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Glad to see the Eagles eek out a win versus the Ravens...and the Pats lost on an end of the game missed field goal...*snicker*

message 22: by J (new)

J (blkdoggy) | 135 comments Good weekend. Dolphins won, Jets lost.

message 23: by Eileen (new)

Eileen That's wonderful, J. L.!

My team the Bills won...that's one in a row!!

message 24: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Just wondering J.L., do you have a big HD TV to watch your new Red Zone on?

message 25: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments The Cowboys are a hot mess...sheesh...

message 26: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman | 8318 comments Nice comeback win for the G-men. Now time to get ready in 3 days to play the Panthers. Gotta love NFL scheduling.

message 27: by Eileen (new)

Eileen J.L. wrote: "Eileen wrote: "Just wondering J.L., do you have a big HD TV to watch your new Red Zone on?"

Of course! Our roof is still leaking and covered in blue tarp from the last storm that blew our way, b..."

Smart man! I couldn't live without mine...my big screen TV.

message 28: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments We (Steelers) go out west next week to play the Raydahs...I think we'll win, mainly because the black and silver look terrible this year...

message 29: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Steve Sabol passed away at 69...wow...his father, Ed, started NFL Films way back in the day and Steve took it and brought it into the video age. Too sad.

message 30: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman | 8318 comments Very sad about Steve Sabol. NFL Films has made some great videos. Those booming voice narrators are the best.

message 31: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Another Sunday of football action...some intriguing matchups, including Jets down in Miami (perhaps some more Tebow today, hmmm?) and my Steelers visiting the Raydahs...and c'mon, Jon, are your Who Dats gonna actually win a game?

message 32: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Jannette, I think we will smoke the Raiders, mainly because they look like crap so far this season and also because we've historically played pretty well against Carson Palmer. I was torn about the Pats/Ravens game (obviously) but I hate the Pats...and Ravens are Pittsburgh hated divisional rival and all...still, GO RAVENS!!! Crush Brady!!!

message 33: by Jon Recluse (new)

Chris wrote: "Jannette, I think we will smoke the Raiders, mainly because they look like crap so far this season and also because we've historically played pretty well against Carson Palmer. I was torn about th..."

KILL! MAIM! There's a nice bonus if you ruin his makeup!

message 34: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Ugh...stupid Steelers...total offensive domination, with a ten point lead TWICE...but then we turn the ball over a couple different drives and the Raiders capitalize on that....DUMB! We deserved to lose. And boy oh boy, those replacement refs were on a roll today in many games...Goodell, you and the league should be proud of the joke that is the officiating...okay, I'm done now.

message 35: by Jon Recluse (new)

You sure?

You could drop to the floor and throw a hissy fit.....

message 36: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Or you could, Jon, with that 0-3 record the Aints have so far...sheesh...

message 37: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Yeah, JL, some crazy games indeed...what a day of football...and always good to see the Pats lose...snicker...

message 38: by J (new)

J (blkdoggy) | 135 comments Freaking Jets, that's all I have to say.

message 39: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Chris wrote: "Yeah, JL, some crazy games indeed...what a day of football...and always good to see the Pats lose...snicker..."

Yes!! The last 2 minutes of the Pats/Raven game was very enjoyable to watch! And what's up with Belichick grabbing the refs harm?!? He's such an a**!

The Bills won!!! Unfortunately, it cost us with CJ Spiller going out with a shoulder injury.

message 40: by Jon Recluse (new)

Chris wrote: "Or you could, Jon, with that 0-3 record the Aints have so far...sheesh..."

Nope.
I'm used to it.
Has no effect on me.

message 41: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) Dang that was one wierd kick in the Patriot game. Looked out to me.

message 42: by Chris (last edited Sep 24, 2012 03:58PM) (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Eileen wrote: "Chris wrote: "Yeah, JL, some crazy games indeed...what a day of football...and always good to see the Pats lose...snicker..."

Yes!! The last 2 minutes of the Pats/Raven game was very enjoyable to ..."

Yeah, I heard about that but honestly, the replacement refs are a JOKE! I do feel for them, because they're doing the best (or worst) they can given the situation, but Goodell and the League are farting around with this lockout with the real refs and sadly, what's going to happen is a player to get seriously hurt for them to get something done. Not only that but players are getting sloppy, realizing they can/might get away with stuff...hell, why do you think so many games have been crazy, high scores, OT, all of that? In the Steelers/Raiders game, Pittsburgh got penalized for roughing the kicker...the effing punter JUMPED over a defender who was trying to block the kick...and he was TOUCHED (it could easily be seen in replay)...

message 43: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments The collective cry of joy and relief is from NFL fans and players alike as the REAL refs are back, deal pending ratification, but they will officiate tonight's game and this Sunday...welcome back, Ed Hochuli and his "guns"....lol

message 45: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2849 comments Welcome back NFL Refs!

message 46: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Indeed, Justin...the refs got a standing ovation prior ro Thursday night's kickoff...too funny, because it won't be long 'til something happens and we start bitching about the ref's bad calls...but SO happy the regular refs are back!

message 47: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments Jon, pulling for your Saints to beat the Pack!

message 48: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman | 8318 comments G-men lose a tough one to the Eagles. At least we're not the Jets!

message 49: by Jon Recluse (new)

Chris wrote: "Jon, pulling for your Saints to beat the Pack!"

Drew matched Johnny Unitas' completion record and they still lost. WTF?

message 50: by Michael (new)

Michael (mikedecshop) | 1479 comments My Saints may soon be the aints again. pass out the paper bags.

« previous 1 3 4