What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > love story, main character named Tam - involves illegitimate child, a woman's lost son

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tamara (new)

Tamara | 2 comments I have been trying to find a book for decades ... I thought I remember it saying "love story" on the book end

The main character is named Tam ... I believe she was an actress who got involved with a "bad man" ... had an illegitimate child she left with the woman who cared for her during her pregnancy

Later meets and falls in love with a man who she realizes is the care-taker's long lost son whom she believed had died

you'd think by remembering that much, I'd have sleuthed it by now ... but, alas, no

it was an old book when I found it in my great aunt's library 30 years ago or so ... didn't have a dust jacket ... cover may have been blue

thanks for any leads!!!!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, sniffing Sharpies (new)

Lobstergirl | 20731 comments Mod
Tamara, are you still looking for this book?

message 3: by Tamara (new)

Tamara | 2 comments yes. do you know it?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, sniffing Sharpies (new)

I surely don't, but you should bump the thread every 30-60 days to get new people looking at it.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, sniffing Sharpies (new)

Still looking?

message 6: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie Henderson (LaurieLynette) | 964 comments This reminds me of the book Emmeline by Judith Rossner but I don't think it's old enough to be the book you're looking for.

message 7: by Arielle (new)

Arielle Masters | 284 comments bumping for Tamara - have you found it? If not: do you remember if it took place in a city, suburb, or out in the country? In which country did it take place? Do you remember anything the characters ate, wore, or drove?

message 8: by Lobstergirl, sniffing Sharpies (new)

No response from Tamara in 2+ years. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Emmeline (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Judith Rossner (other topics)