Harry Potter Lovers discussion

What house do you think Wormtail was in?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Morrow (SCMorrow) So... what house do think Wormtail was in? He can't be in Slytherin bc the others wouldn't hang out with him and he wasn't ambisious at all... he can't be in Huffelpuff bc he wasn't loyal (at all) ... he can't be in Ravenclaw bc he wasnt smart... the ony thing left is Gryfindor, but he wasnt brave either! what do you guys think??

message 2: by Pandy (last edited Feb 03, 2009 02:41PM) (new)

Pandy Wormtail was in Gryffindor. It says so in the chapter "The Prince's Tale" in the Deathly Hallows. Harry watches as Wormtail, Lupin, and James are sorted and join Sirius and Lily at the Gryffindor table, before Snape is sorted into Slytherin.

message 3: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Morrow (SCMorrow) oohhhh yeah! I forgot about that! I wonder why the sorting hat chose that house for him. but it's got to be hard seeing as he doesn't really have any good qualities in him.

message 4: by Pandy (last edited Feb 04, 2009 03:18PM) (new)

Pandy I know! I wouldn't say he was brave at all. You're right about it being hard to place him. I know he definitely wasn't loyal, but I would still put him in Hufflepuff. I think in the fifth book the Sorting Hat says that Hufflepuff took the rest, meaning anyone whom the other founders didn't take to be in their houses. The Sorting Hat doesn't always know exactly what people are going to become later, though. For example, Dumbledore tells Snape that they might sort too soon because Snape turned out to be incredibly brave, even though he was in Slytherin.

message 5: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Morrow (SCMorrow) true! I never thought of it that way.