*YA Awesomeness* discussion

E-Readers > Kindle Lendables

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Becca (beccatheawesomeone) | 365 comments Mod
This is the place to post your Kindle lendables. I don't know how it works, but if you do, feel free to post how to here!

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy (aimzees02) | 83 comments Kindle Books I can lend:
The first 5 House of Night books
The Declaration book 2 and 3
Shattered
Eden
Ashes, ashes
The scourge

message 3: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine (jazzyjams) | 183 comments Mod
I don't own a kindle, OR an nook... I have a LIBRARY CARD ^__^

message 4: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Library cards are a ticket to happiness...

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy (aimzees02) | 83 comments I really need to find out how to work my local library's e-book system...

message 6: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

My local library has that and I always am like "What in the..."

message 7: by Jasmine (new)

I know! I love my library card... He's been my friend since I was a little person! *wipes sentimental fake tears out of eyes*

message 8: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

My grandma got my first library card. She'd take me to the library when I wasthree and listen to me jump up and down at all the books... I haven't changed all that much.

message 9: by Jasmine (new)

Becca wrote: "My local library has that and I always am like "What in the...""

I honestly don't get it either... I just stick to the non-digital books...

message 10: by Amy (new)

Amy (aimzees02) | 83 comments JazzyJams wrote: "Becca wrote: "My local library has that and I always am like "What in the...""

I honestly don't get it either... I just stick to the non-digital books..."

I do miss the smell and feel of an actual book in your hands, but it's SO much more convenient to order a book in seconds and not have that awkward moment where you're lying in bed and you have to flip onto your other side just to be able to comfortably read the book. Or am I the only one that happens to...?

message 11: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

That happens to me all the time. I think I might have neck problems from reading in bed. I know I have eye problems from it..

message 12: by Jasmine (new)

I hate when I'm all comfortable, and then I move just a bit to grab something, and I can't find the comfy-position again... Especially while reading a book. Then I awkwardly shift around until I feel comfy...

message 13: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Or you can't find that exactlh warm spot on the couch because you got up to go to the bathroom or something. Then it turns out your o the wrong couch, and the warm spot is gone.

message 14: by Jasmine (new)

I hate that... Whenever I get up to get something and my brother is around, he rushes to where ever I was sitting since I apparently generate a lot of body-heat... Then I have to go sit in some cold chair :(

message 15: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Brothers can be such meaners. My brother used to punch me when I calledhim a meaner though.

message 16: by Jasmine (new)

But my brother is smaller than me, and I can block any punch he tries to throw at me (I'm more ninja than him ^__^)

message 17: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

My brother was younger and more violent then me. One time we were play punching and I accidentally broke his nose..

message 18: by Jasmine (new)

Great job Becca -.- I can't really say anything though since while I was sparring with another girl I gave her a bloody nose... oopsies... In my defence she started to hit harder, so I can sorta say it was an act of self-defence (and I didn't really mean to hit her face... she can't block very well...)

message 19: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Well,.he deserved it. I don't know why, but he probably did.. Actually he always did.

message 20: by Jasmine (new)

Lol xD

O.O THE COMPUTER ACROSS THE ROOM FROM ME JUST RANDOMLY TURNED ON! WHAT IF IT TRIES TO EAT ME!!!

message 21: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Lol. Carnivorous computers on the loose!

message 22: by Jasmine (new)

I know! Now the log-in screen is staring at me tauntingly... Is this normal??? (or maybe I'm crazy, which I don't doubt...)

message 23: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Never doubt your craziness! I hate log-in screens.. they are evil..

message 24: by Jasmine (new)

Exactly... AndI hate log-in screens too... They always take too long to load...

message 25: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

and then you have to remember tour password. And if you make a typo, the symbol for all things evil comes up. A failed screen.

message 26: by Jasmine (new)

I know! Computers are so mean... (Aside from Leevy, my wonderful Netbook that contains all my writing info... She's nice...)

message 27: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

I love the name Leevy!

message 28: by Jasmine (new)

I do too! It used to be named Lisa, but recently I decided she looked more like a Leevy... So now Leevy guard my writing secrets! And she hasn't gotten mad at me for dropping her... BUT THAT WAS ONCE!

message 29: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Dropping technology. Named Leevy. Shame on you!

lol. Sounds like something I would do.

message 30: by Jasmine (new)

Technically back then she was a Lisa, so I should be forgiven...

message 31: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Okay, but only if Leevy/Lisa agrees..

message 32: by Jasmine (new)

I'm not sure if she does... Do computers go through stages of grief? Because Leevy is going through the stage where you waste twenty boxes of tissues (She's on her third charging cable...)

message 33: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

I should Google that..

message 34: by Jasmine (new)

Tell me if anything comes up... I'd really like to know... Maybe in her youth some Laptop dumped her and she hasn't gotten over it...

message 35: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Nothing that I was actually looking for. it was.all about how if you lose a loved one you will go through a stage of denial.

message 36: by Jasmine (new)

What about the poor laptops who go through denial? Oh dear I sound like the lady who set up an organization (looking back, it may have been a radio show...) to protect cookies...

message 37: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Thats sad. But it makes me feel like less of a mental case!

message 38: by Jasmine (new)

Your welcome! I think I'm a bit of a mental case as well...

message 39: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (ughleasha) I can lend the entire hunger games series!!!

hunger games
catching fire
AND
mockingjay

although apparently I can't lend out anything else.