Crazy People of the World! discussion

School > English Help

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, BOW DOWN MINION! (Head mod) (new)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 4016 comments Mod
Yes we're readers, but grammar is a pain. I can't do it.

message 2: by lafon حمزة, Which comes first: Thought or action? (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 549 comments Mod
I'm (a) pro grammar (teehee), but I hate it. It's is one of the dullest subjects ever. English is fun though.

message 3: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, BOW DOWN MINION! (Head mod) (new)

English is fun, but I hate essays. And like that stupid charts about theme and conflict and writing paragraphs and stuff D:

♥nafi~hateandbehatedon~♥ ;3 idk??? (im_curently_hungry) | 401 comments ℂᖺᗩᖇᒪἷᙓ §Gale§ wrote: "English is fun, but I hate essays. And like that stupid charts about theme and conflict and writing paragraphs and stuff D:"

I second that!!! It's like they want to piss off my intelligence!! :(

message 5: by Leah, Proud member of the NFL! :D (new)

Leah | 1285 comments Mod
lafon حمزة wrote: "I'm (a) pro grammar (teehee), but I hate it. It's is one of the dullest subjects ever. English is fun though."

Amen. It's AWFUL!

♥nafi~hateandbehatedon~♥ ;3 idk??? (im_curently_hungry) | 401 comments I'm the worst grammar weightier out there!!

message 7: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, BOW DOWN MINION! (Head mod) (new)

I hates grammar it because I cant remember wat do to

message 8: by Leah, Proud member of the NFL! :D (new)

Leah | 1285 comments Mod
Charlie, Charlie, Charlie...whatever are we going to do with you??? :)

message 9: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, BOW DOWN MINION! (Head mod) (new)

I am not sure exactly what you are going to do with me, why don't you figure it out? :pppppp

message 10: by Leah, Proud member of the NFL! :D (new)

Leah | 1285 comments Mod
Alright then. :D

message 11: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, BOW DOWN MINION! (Head mod) (new)

Fine! Lets see what you come up with!

( Just ended a sentence with with. Oh yeah.)

message 12: by Leah, Proud member of the NFL! :D (new)

Leah | 1285 comments Mod
Ummmmmmmmmmmm....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................sorry, I've got nothing.

message 13: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, BOW DOWN MINION! (Head mod) (new)

I see how it is.

message 14: by Leah, Proud member of the NFL! :D (new)

Leah | 1285 comments Mod
WELL! :)

message 15: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, BOW DOWN MINION! (Head mod) (new)

GOOD! :D

♥nafi~hateandbehatedon~♥ ;3 idk??? (im_curently_hungry) | 401 comments Hungry.....

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (berrynumey) | 14879 comments Mod
Grammar is indeed awful! I get 10/10 in it(with common sense as I call it) but I have no idea what the 'first-form' or stuff like that is.. :P

I love speeches, essays, creative writing :)

Beck (formerly Boo) (boooty) I can help with English!!!!!

message 19: by Abby (new)

Abby (molten_genius) | 79 comments I can help as well! I am great at grammar, though I do find it dull.

message 20: by Lucy ~Graphite Wizard~, RANDOM DANCE PARTY FOR NO REASON!!!!!!!! (new)

Lucy ~Graphite Wizard~ | 1358 comments Mod
Me too!!!!!!!!!!

message 21: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, BOW DOWN MINION! (Head mod) (new)

:D

message 22: by Leah, Proud member of the NFL! :D (new)

Leah | 1285 comments Mod
ღNumey✮{Gifted~Cats♥Books}☮ wrote: "Grammar is indeed awful! I get 10/10 in it(with common sense as I call it) but I have no idea what the 'first-form' or stuff like that is.. :P

I love speeches, essays, creative writing :)"

As do I!

Beck (formerly Boo) (boooty) English.

message 24: by Finley (new)

Finley Mac | 172 comments I can help with grammar stuff.

Terrible at analytical essays, though. The highest score I've gotten is a 7/10.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I HATE THE ENG MONSTER TEACHER

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (berrynumey) | 14879 comments Mod
O:

message 27: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 60 comments I'm at lunch right now. I just finished english STAAR ( a.k.a the test that decides whether you go to the next grade or not).

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a provincial-standards exam (or whatever it's called) coming up in English Comp. and 'tis nervewracking.

νєяαℓι∂αιиє  | 2197 comments What is your mother tongue then? :) I have a friend like that.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

English is such a ridiculous melting pot of multiple languages, that's why it's so hard to learn.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, that seems kind of useless.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm awful at writing essays and it's the worst

message 33: by Allison (new)

Allison Wynter wrote: "I'm awful at writing essays and it's the worst"

That's so true. For me, it's much easier to write fiction. Essays are boring.

message 34: by Allison (new)

Allison ENGLISH, THE ONLY LANGUAGE WHERE THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE IS GRAMMACTICALLY CORRECT:

"The feelings he had had had had no affect on his future."

νєяαℓι∂αιиє  | 2197 comments Allison (Violinist Extraordinaire) wrote: "ENGLISH, THE ONLY LANGUAGE WHERE THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE IS GRAMMACTICALLY CORRECT:

"The feelings he had had had had no affect on his future.""

WOW THAT'S SO COOL! :D

Wait... Are you sure 4 "hads" make sense, shouldn't it only be 3? O.o

νєяαℓι∂αιиє  | 2197 comments Wynter wrote: "I'm awful at writing essays and it's the worst"

I love all forms of writing. If you want help with an essay I can help. :)

message 37: by Allison (new)

Allison νєяαℓι∂αιиє wrote: "Allison (Violinist Extraordinaire) wrote: "ENGLISH, THE ONLY LANGUAGE WHERE THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE IS GRAMMACTICALLY CORRECT:

"The feelings he had had had had no affect on his future.""

WOW THAT'..."

The four also work. It would be better to write just three or two, but grammatically four does work, which is odd, isn't it?

νєяαℓι∂αιиє  | 2197 comments Ohhhhh I see now, I just re-read it differently, 4 makes sense now. XD Lol yes that is really odd. Of course only the English language could manage something like that.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Help! I have a speech due very soon for English! I have to present it in three days and I have not even started writing it yet! The topic is Aristotle, and I need ideas on how he changed the world. Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated! :(

νєяαℓι∂αιиє  | 2197 comments OOoooookkkkaaaayyyy...

Well, all I know is what I had to study about him for my last Philosophy exam. From what I remember he was known as "The Common Sense Philosopher," this is probably because in order to create his hypotheses about the best way to live etc. he collected "imperial evidence." He did this by talking real people.

He created what's called "The Golden Mean." It's a way to live a "good" life. You have to find out what is best for you. So if there's three things, cowardice - courage - rashness, obviously the best one is courage. BUT every person is different, so, depending on your personality and needs in life, you don't have to be exactly in the middle, you could lean more towards cowardice, or more towards rashness. That's Golden Mean, it's just the average between two behaviours/actions/etc..

That's all I remember. He was a great Philosopher about real life.

There's probably plenty of documentaries on him on YouTube. I hope this helps. Good luck!

message 41: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 13, 2015 07:55PM) (new)

That is really helpful, thank you so much for the great info!

νєяαℓι∂αιиє  | 2197 comments No worries, happy to help! :D

message 43: by Allison (new)

Allison I have two friends who want to co-write a book with me!! Yay! And then I have two other friends who want to co-write another book with me! Yay! And then I have the novels I'm working on now. Yay writing. Yay grammar.