Crazy People of the World! discussion

School > Social Studies (History) help

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, BOW DOWN MINION! (Head mod) (new)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 4016 comments Mod
This is a little harder online, but ask away! (My least favorite subject)

message 2: by Leah, Proud member of the NFL! :D (new)

Leah | 1285 comments Mod
Okay, so I've got a research paper type thing on British Columbia (Canada) due on Friday. I've got to pretty much tell a story, but add in facts about the culture. Now, before you tell me that I'm being lazy and not doing research, I'm not. However, if anyone could help me with this, I'd appreciate it. What are some words that are different in the States than in Canada that mean the same thing. For instance, a high school is a secondary school in Canada, correct?

message 3: by lafon حمزة, Which comes first: Thought or action? (last edited Dec 17, 2012 01:10PM) (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 549 comments Mod
Nope. We say highschool too. We also say secondary school, but more rarely. One thing to note if you're going to write like a Canadian, is that we use mostly "British" spellings. So it's "colour" not "color", and "honour" not "honor". And for words that end in the sound combination "er" it's usually (but not always) written as "re". As in "theatre", "centre" etc.

message 4: by Laszlo (new)

Laszlo (steampunk) | 1100 comments History is, next to Physics and a few other things, my favorite subject! How could you not like it? I am not trying to be rude.

message 5: by Leah, Proud member of the NFL! :D (last edited Dec 17, 2012 04:17PM) (new)

Leah | 1285 comments Mod
lafon حمزة wrote: "Nope. We say highschool too. We also say secondary school, but more rarely. One thing to note if you're going to write like a Canadian, is that we use mostly "British" spellings. So it's "colour" n..."

Thanks a lot! :)

message 6: by Reannan (new)

Reannan | 21 comments I am studying the Iliad for history I like it but I get a bit confused.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Actually I love History!!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (berrynumey) | 14879 comments Mod
History and literature go hand in hand :)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

IKR

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (berrynumey) | 14879 comments Mod
Yes xD

message 12: by T.J. (new)

T.J. | 125 comments History I dislike...Literature I love, love, love.