David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Archive's > Thank you incredibly awesome readers!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
I'll be using this thread to thank you all, my readers, for all the amazing things you do for me. You truly are awesome, and I hope to pay you back by writing entertaining books, hosting awesome giveaways of my books, and responding to each and every message, comment, or tweet I get from all of you!

Now, to start things off, I want to thank you for your completely obsessive voting for The Moon Dwellers in both Listopia lists and Book of the Month polls. You've absolutely dominated for me in some pretty major polls that are a MASSIVE help for me as an author. I really can't put a value on what you've done. Here are just a few examples:

-The Moon Dwellers is ranked in the top 20 in 12 Listopia lists related to anything from dystopian books, to books similar to The Hunger Games, to books that should be made into movies, and lots more. The Moon Dwellers is also #1 in 4 of these lists!

-Made The Moon Dwellers the Book of the Month in 4 different groups, including Shut up and Read, and We Love YA Books, two very large Goodreads groups. So far The Moon Dwellers has been nominated and competed in 5 polls thus far, and has won 4 of them!!

Without your incredible support none of this would have been possible! I've been so humbled by what you've done for me. I may not have the most readers in the world yet, but I definitely have the most generous, kind-hearted, and CRAZY (just like me ;) readers in the world, and for that I'm proud.

So thanks again for everything you do for me, and watch this thread for the many other things I'm sure I'll need to thank you all for soon!

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 295 comments Aww....shucks! You're welcome.

message 3: by Donna (new)

Donna (bookdragongirl) Aww...you're welcome David. Thank you for entertaining us with your wonderful books, and please don't stop!

message 4: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments We love ya David. Glad we can help. :)

message 5: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments You so deserve it David!!! Your not just a great writer, but an awesome person!! You make it so easy to want to help you because of your amazing personality. It also helps that your books are easy to promote because they are all great reads!!

Keep up the great work.

message 6: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Aww thanks everyone! I'm supposed to be thanking you and now you're thanking and complimenting me lol!! That's why I love ya all ;)

message 7: by Nickle Love (new)

Nickle Love (Night Owl Reads) (nicklelove) | 13 comments Yay David! *jumps up and down like a small girl*

message 8: by Lola (new)

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments Just make sure you write great books ;) and we all keep promoting them, right?

message 9: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Sounds good!!! I'll do my best ;)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

You deserve it David - you are truly a talented author! Well done on your famous and known books!

message 11: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Aww wow thank you Hannah!!! You made my night :)

message 12: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

I really have to thank all the members of the fan group for making the launch of The Star Dwellers such a big success. The first month was awesome and I'm hoping this month will be even better!

Also, The Moon Dwellers is now officially on more TBR lists than my first book, Angel Evolution! Incredible! That's all thanks to you all for reading my books, writing such kind reviews, and then telling your friends about The Moon Dwellers. I would be NOTHING without all your generosity and support.

So I'd like to give a very special WOOT WOOT! to everyone in the group. Your kindness and friendliness put a GINORMOUS smile on my face everyday.

message 13: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments I am so glad things are going well for you! I am so excited about the release of Furthermore and The Sun Dwellers. You deserve great success!

message 14: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Aww *blushing* You are too kind!'

message 15: by Daisy Sloan (new)

Daisy Sloan That's awesome! I'm so glad things are going well for you. It's nice to hear stories like this!

message 16: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Aww thank you so much!! It's only going well because of all the INCREDIBLE readers who are supporting me and what I do :) You all are AWESOME!!

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 258 comments Awww David love your enthusiasm for your readers! You have really done well with connecting with us and that has really helped with your titles :) It also helps that your books are awesome!

message 18: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Jeann wrote: "Awww David love your enthusiasm for your readers! You have really done well with connecting with us and that has really helped with your titles :) It also helps that your books are awesome!"

Oh my gosh, nicest compliment EVER! You are too sweet, and honestly, I really love meeting and making friends with all of you because I'm just a voracious reader who happens to write too. I love chatting with you all about our favorite books, it's so much fun! But thank you, it really means a lot to hear you say that :)

message 19: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Awesome! It was worth reading it.. I am looking forward to read Star Dwellers. :)

message 20: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Aww thanks Beatrice!!!

message 21: by Michael (new)

Michael Tyrer (holden) | 55 comments can i ask ? did I read somewhere that your first book Archangel Evolution (The Evolution Trilogy, #3) by David Estes was going to be altered slightly and that you would be better to finish the moon dwellers series to allow time for this re-write, or did i dream it ?

message 22: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Of course you can ask, Michael :)

That's the third one in the Evolution Trilogy that you've got there, but yes, you heard correctly, although it's not really a rewrite. I basically took the first book in the series Angel Evolution (The Evolution Trilogy, #1) by David Estes and did a bit of work on it using what I know now to make it better, if that makes sense?

Because it was the first book I ever wrote, it had some major issues that I wanted to sort out, but I didn't want to change it drastically as I wanted to keep the plot the same and didn't want to touch the sequels. In any case, the new version that's available for sale on all sites is the updated version, so no need to wait any longer if you're interested in giving it a shot!

Thanks for the question, Michael!!

message 23: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela | 221 comments :)

message 24: by Marla (new)

Marla | 308 comments Hey, David...did you see you are an honorary Aussie writer...in this March Challenge?

message 25: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Haha!! I hadn't seen that, so cool!! Thank you so much for sharing Marla :)

message 26: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

I just want to say another HUGE THANK YOU to everyone in this group, you make me feel special on a daily basis and bring more joy to my life than you can possibly imagine.

Also, YOU are making my dreams come true. I achieved my HIGHEST SALES ever in the first thirteen days of April with the release of Ice Country (The Country Saga, #2) by David Estes , selling more books in those 13 days than in any other ENTIRE MONTH previous. So thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart, I feel so incredible right now :)

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
It's all you and your incredible talent, my friend! Here's to many many more months, years, decades of record breaking sales!! WOOT WOOT! ;-)

message 28: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Aww wow, thank you SO MUCH!! I'm just happy anyone likes my books lol!

message 29: by Joanna Marie (new)

Joanna Marie (joannacapats) You deserve our support David because you're a great author and we'll continue to do that to value your love in writing and making us happy with the worlds you create. More people should appreciate your great talent! :)

message 30: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Joanna wrote: "You deserve our support David because you're a great author and we'll continue to do that to value your love in writing and making us happy with the worlds you create. More people should appreciate..."

Omg I am seriously beaming right now, hearing awesome people like you say that is beyond amazing! I never (NEVER!) thought I would have readers like you guys, who are also my friends. Never.

message 31: by Joanna Marie (last edited Apr 14, 2013 07:26PM) (new)

Joanna Marie (joannacapats) David wrote: "Joanna wrote: "You deserve our support David because you're a great author and we'll continue to do that to value your love in writing and making us happy with the worlds you create. More people sh..."

Anytime David! Glad we brighten your days! Woot! :D

message 32: by 爱心❤ (new)

爱心❤ | 61 comments Yeah well, you're such an awesome author we can't help but love you :)

message 33: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (jennasilver) | 42 comments He David love the fire series. Keep them coming. And congratulations with your sales.

message 34: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Eep!! Feeling the love! I'm supposed to be thanking you on this thread! THANK YOU! Your comments mean so much :)

message 35: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
This is a wonderful warm fuzzies thread! lol
CONGRATULATIONS, and WOOT, WOOT! for such awesome sales this month! I have to agree with everyone else, its because you are such a great writer!

message 36: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Awwwwwww warm fuzzy indeed! Thank you thank YOU!

message 37: by Karen’s Library (last edited Apr 23, 2013 10:08PM) (new)

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
Forget it, David. You will never win in this thread! ;-P

Thank YOU,my friend, and keep those amazing books coming!

message 38: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Lol!! *smiling big, big, big*

message 39: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Awwwwww I'm smiling so big right now Tay! Thank you for your kind words, you're a sweetie and you totally get me and what I'm trying to do :)

message 40: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

:) :) :)

message 41: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments David wrote: "Eep!! Feeling the love! I'm supposed to be thanking you on this thread! THANK YOU! Your comments mean so much :)"

OMG!! He said Eep!! That's awesome!

message 42: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

:)
Nice happy feeling before heading off to work!

message 43: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Lol Brooke got me addicted to eep, I use it all the time now :)

message 44: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

I'm addicted to any form of the word "Awesome!" lol

message 45: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Lol!!!

message 46: by Gabby (new)

Gabby Awesomesauce?

message 47: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Yes I use that one a lot, also awesomeness!

message 48: by Reymart (last edited Jun 05, 2013 10:23AM) (new)

Reymart Dinglasa (ReymartwritesAbook) | 63 comments As a matter of fact... I am doing Inspired Book Scores for Mr. Estes' books. I am with The Moon Dwellers and I'll post them on Youtube. Not official scores but inspired scores (as I said) and I hope you'll love them. :3

message 49: by Reymart (new)

Reymart Dinglasa (ReymartwritesAbook) | 63 comments Here it is...Enjoy and be inspired!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc6IEm...

message 50: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Oh my freaking gosh Reymart, I LOVE it!! Like really really love it, so cool!! I'm honored :)

« previous 1