You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Closed Discussion Topic > A theme for March

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny, Group Creator - Honorary Moderator (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments From now on I will start the nomination process near the beginning of the month. It gives leaders a chance to prepare and others a chance to get those reservations in at the library :P

Nominate a theme/genre for our March read.

One nomination per person

**There must be 6 months between repeating a theme i.e. the themes/genres - dystopian literature, historical fiction, new writers and banned/controversial books cannot be nominated**

You can make a genre more specific. E.g. English historical fiction would be fine.

2 days to nominate!

message 2: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) For all the love it's been receiving since, I nominate The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett

message 3: by Jenny, Group Creator - Honorary Moderator (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments We need a theme first Jzhunagev! You'll have to think of a theme the book will fit under if you want to nominate it.

message 4: by Cecily (new)

Cecily | 576 comments How about "Journeys", whether literal travelogues, or more metaphorical journeys from one lifestyle/stage of life or whatever to another?

message 5: by Jenny, Group Creator - Honorary Moderator (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments I'm feeling childish so....

Children's Books

message 6: by Kipahni (new)

Kipahni | 144 comments Gardens

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

How about 'coming of age' there are many books that would fall under that theme.

message 8: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Butland (httpwwwgoodreadscomprofiles_b) How about

Books with an element of the supernatural

?

message 9: by Cecily (new)

Cecily | 576 comments Hmm, but we've just read Peony and/or Monsters. Certainly Peony has elements of the supernatural and doesn't Monsters too?

message 10: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Butland (httpwwwgoodreadscomprofiles_b) True... maybe they have whetted my appetite for the supernatural! Or maybe I'm just not feeling very original this morning.

OK - how about....

books set in wartime? (any war)

message 11: by Heather (new)

Heather (hpduck) | 354 comments How about...classic writers from the 18-19th century. I know...it's broad, but I've been in a classics stage lately

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I like that idea, reading a book from a particular time period.

message 13: by Heather (new)

Heather (hpduck) | 354 comments Ya, not necessarily set in the time period, but actually written in the time period.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.

You'll love this one...!! A book club & more

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Pillars of the Earth (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ken Follett (other topics)