Reviews for the Literary Inclined discussion

Get Connected > Are you an author?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 153 (153 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Jessi, <~}{{Faery Queen**aka**PixiBell}{{~> (new)

Jessi Overton (pixibell) | 281 comments Mod
If you are then please post your pen name & web page so we can check you out and show support for you work.

message 2: by Sharon (last edited Sep 08, 2012 02:14PM) (new)

Sharon (shazfly) | 3 comments My name is Sharon Hannaford, and I write Urban Fantasy (under my real name), though I do have a couple of toddler e-books under the pen name Norah S Hannaman available on Amazon. I am currently working on book 2 in my Hellcat Series, and Book 1 (A Cat's Chance in Hell) is available on Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and Kobo.

You can catch up with me at www.hellcatseries.com or on Facebook (Author Sharon Hannaford) or message me on GoodReads.

I currently have a competition going (ends 26 Sep 2012) to win a paperback copy of ACCIH - all you have to do is leave a review and message me your details (see my website or GoodReads blog).

Looking forward to some interesting discussions!
A Cat's Chance in Hell A Cat's Chance in Hell (Hellcat, #1) by Sharon Hannaford

message 3: by Jo (new)

Jo Michaels (jomichaels) | 0 comments Yes, ma'am!

Here I am again, in all my glory! Hello! My name is Jo Michaels (that is my pen name) and I write across a few genres: Children's chapter books, Historical Fiction, Urban Fiction and Fantasy. All of my books are available on Amazon in both digital and print versions.

I write a blog that focuses on writing and book design that you can find here: http://jomichaels.blogspot.com

I have a graphic design degree and my one non-fiction title is on that topic. I wrote it specifically for independent authors.

My website is a work in progress but you can find it here: www.writejomichaels.com

I am open to questions about book formatting (both digital and print) so if anyone has questions, feel free to contact me.

I look forward to meeting everyone here. I'll be around on Goodreads on the weekends more than during the week so if I don't answer you right away, please don't be offended :)

Thanks!

Jo

message 4: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 176 comments Sharon wrote: "My name is Sharon Hannaford, and I write Urban Fantasy (under my real name), though I do have a couple of toddler e-books under the pen name Norah S Hannaman available on Amazon. I am currently wo..."

Hi Sharon,

I am just a wee bit confused. Are you saying that we need to purchase your book, read/review it, and then we have the chance to win a copy? Just unsure if that's what you meant.

message 5: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 176 comments Jo wrote: "Yes, ma'am!

Here I am again, in all my glory! Hello! My name is Jo Michaels (that is my pen name) and I write across a few genres: Children's chapter books, Historical Fiction, Urban Fiction and F..."

Nice to meet you Jo. :o)

I teach high school, so I am generally on Goodreads more on the weekend as well; however, today I have approximately 90 journals to read/grade before tomorrow. So I need to be "good" and stay mostly out of this group and off Goodreads today...MOSTLY. LOL

Karen’s Library Definately NOT an author! :-)

message 7: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 176 comments Karen wrote: "Definately NOT an author! :-)"

Neither am I, Karen. I teach English, grade essays, love to write...but I am NOT an author of any books. That talent I really do not have, which is one reason I SO admire a good author!

message 8: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (shazfly) | 3 comments Vicki wrote: "Sharon wrote: "My name is Sharon Hannaford, and I write Urban Fantasy (under my real name), though I do have a couple of toddler e-books under the pen name Norah S Hannaman available on Amazon. I ..."

Vicki - most people go the cheaper route and buy the e-book. This is just an opportunity to win the paperback - Which always looks great in on the book shelf :-)

message 9: by Monica Porta (new)

Monica Porta | 196 comments Hi, again, everybody! Must confess I am :)
I write dystopian, soft scifi, fantasy, and children stories under my name, Monica La Porta. Both my published titles are dystopian. The Priest and Pax in the Land of Women, respectively the first and the second book in The Ginecean Chronicles, are available on Amazon in digital format. You can reach me on the Amazon Author page:
http://www.amazon.com/Monica-La-Porta...
on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...
on the Ginecean Chronicles page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/ginecea
or on my blog, where sometimes I also talk about my writing, but normally you'll find my latest drawing, gluten-free recipes, and pictures of my beagle:
http://monicalaporta.com/ Finally, I'm also on Twitter: https://twitter.com/momilp

message 10: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 176 comments Monica wrote: "Hi, again, everybody! Must confess I am :)
I write dystopian, soft scifi, fantasy, and children stories under my name, Monica La Porta. Both my published titles are dystopian. The Priest and Pax in..."

Hi Monica!! Glad to see you here in our newly formed group! I JUST downloaded The Priest! I am looking forward to reading it...so many books, so little time. I need SUMMER again!!!

Hope all is well with you and yours. :o)

message 11: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 176 comments Sharon wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Sharon wrote: "My name is Sharon Hannaford, and I write Urban Fantasy (under my real name), though I do have a couple of toddler e-books under the pen name Norah S Hannaman available ..."

So true! I have a NOOK abut I LOVE my regular books, too! I just can't decide which I love more. I love the feel of a book in my hand, turning to pages to review something, etc. But with my NOOK it's so convenient to be able to look up a word instantaneously, highlight and take notes if I want to, and I can even switch back and forth with books when I'm out.

I'm going to check out your website but probably not until either tomorrow or Tuesday due to time constraints. I'll never get off of it. LOL

Thanks!

message 12: by Monica Porta (new)

Monica Porta | 196 comments Hi, Vicki :) I hear you! I need several summers back to back to finish all the projects I started. Cleaning my kids' recreation room first on a very long list... having a tea at the moment to forget all about it :) Working.

message 13: by Jo (new)

Jo Michaels (jomichaels) | 0 comments Vicki wrote: "Nice to meet you Jo. :o)

I teach high school, so I am generally on Goodreads more on the weekend as well; however, today I have approximately 90 journals... "

Nice to meet you too, Vicki! My high school English teacher was always my favorite person in school (HUGE NERD HERE)! I look forward to getting to know you!!

Jo

message 14: by M.O. (last edited Oct 04, 2012 05:41AM) (new)

M.O. Kenyan (mo_author) | 16 comments Hey guys,

My pen name is M.O Kenyan and I am the author of Shades of Spring 1964; Letters to My daughter.
hey guys check out my book Maxine tries to deal with her mother’s death in her own way. But when she finds old letters revealing her family’s past she finds herself creating a bond with someone else, not knowing how far their history goes. Tay
lor is amused and infuriated with Marine, and no matter how hard he tries he can’t stay away from her. Now he finds himself being her main supporter, the only one she can lean on as she travels back to the past. And when the past is resolved they now ... See Morehave to think of their futures, while they concentrate on their present. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008MU9J02?t...

Please go to www.mokauthor.wordpress.com and check out the first chapter. A comment would be appreciated.

message 15: by Vered (new)

Vered (vered_ehsani) Vicki wrote: "Monica wrote: "Hi, again, everybody! Must confess I am :)
I write dystopian, soft scifi, fantasy, and children stories under my name, Monica La Porta. Both my published titles are dystopian. The Pr..."

Hi Vicki - you'll love The Priest! It was definitely one of the most unique books I've read in a while (Yeah, Monica!!!)

message 16: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 176 comments Vered wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Monica wrote: "Hi, again, everybody! Must confess I am :)
I write dystopian, soft scifi, fantasy, and children stories under my name, Monica La Porta. Both my published titles are dys..."

Thanks, Vered, it came highly recommended to me by another author. :o) I'm looking forward to reading it!

message 17: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Wakeling | 12 comments Hi Jessi,

Thanks for creating this thread. I'm the author of the Inside Evil series:

Inside Evil by Geoffrey Wakeling The Tower of Souls by Geoffrey Wakeling

I'm also currently working on a new science fiction series too. Please feel free to check out my author page which has links to my work and blog.

message 18: by Kristen (last edited Sep 10, 2012 11:06AM) (new)

Kristen Taber | 78 comments Thanks so much for starting this thread and for the author of support :).

My pen name is Kristen Taber and my website is www.kristentaber.com, though my book is best found on here at Aerenden: The Child Returns. It's available on Kindle (on Amazon) and ePub formats (currently through Smashwords, but I'm working on getting the distribution to BN.com, etc.), as well as in paperback formats through most web and in-store sources (via special order on the latter).
I love getting Goodreads reviews, so please do let me know what you think if you read it :).

Amazon: http://amzn.to/LCa8Ld (Kindle & paperback)
Smashwords: http://bit.ly/U4R1rA (epub, LRF, mobi)

message 19: by Ruby (last edited Sep 11, 2012 06:25AM) (new)

Ruby Barnes (rubybarnes) | 7 comments Hey Jessi, thanks for the opportunity ;-)

My pen name is Ruby Barnes, based in Ireland (despite the name, I'm a bloke). I'm a newish indie author of thrillers in a number of sub-genres (crime, psychological and political / techno) and a reviewer of (predominantly) literary fiction. These days I'm mostly reading on my Kindle but also have a Kobo (won it online!) and usually a paperback on the go.

I have a catch-all blog at http://rubybarnes.blogspot.com with different pages for blog posts, reviews, my book info and shop.

I'm alway open to providing review copies for group members who may be interested in my work.

Here's my Amazon page: http://tinyurl.com/RubyBarnes
and I've included my covers below 'cos I think they're pretty!

Cheers

Ruby

Peril by Ruby Barnes The Baptist by Ruby Barnes The Crucible (Part 1) by Ruby Barnes The New Author by Ruby Barnes

message 20: by Monica Porta (new)

Monica Porta | 196 comments Ruby, you're right, your covers are pretty :)Like them all.

message 21: by Sophia-Maria (last edited Sep 11, 2012 10:06AM) (new)

Sophia-Maria (augustineofelsinore) | 37 comments Monica wrote: "Hi, again, everybody! Must confess I am :)
I write dystopian, soft scifi, fantasy, and children stories under my name, Monica La Porta. Both my published titles are dystopian. The Priest and Pax in..."

I totally loved the review of the Priest, it's my next top-choice.! And oh my god, the hero is Italian? I'll fall in love with him for sure...! Very interesting and I'll recommend it to my friends;)

message 22: by Monica Porta (new)

Monica Porta | 196 comments Augustine, thanks for the vote of confidence! Mauricio isn't really Italian... but hopefully you'll like him anyway :)
I take the opportunity to thank Vicki and Vered as well for their kind words. This group is shaping up as supportive and caring, and I'm truly glad I was invited to be part of it.

message 23: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Braun (tbraun_author) | 8 comments Hello! Thanks for the invite to this group! I'm Theresa Braun and my first novel is Groom and Doom: A Greek Love Story. It's a quirky happily ever gone wrong , full of family drama and a dash of paranormal. You can find me at www.theresabraun.com, www.facebook.com/GroomAndDoom, and the book and blurb are at http://amzn.com/B007Y5AO0A.

message 24: by Vered (new)

Vered (vered_ehsani) Monica wrote: "Ruby, you're right, your covers are pretty :)Like them all."

Yup, I agree - nice covers! Who does them for you?

message 25: by Vered (new)

Vered (vered_ehsani) Awesome - this is quite an eclectic group here. I hope we take up Jessi's idea of reading a book from a member every month.

message 26: by Vered (new)

Vered (vered_ehsani) Augustine Sophia wrote: "Monica wrote: "Hi, again, everybody! Must confess I am :)
I write dystopian, soft scifi, fantasy, and children stories under my name, Monica La Porta. Both my published titles are dystopian. The Pr..."

You'll ADORE him!

message 27: by Junying (new)

Junying | 27 comments Hi, Vered, and everyone in this fab new group of readers and authors :).

As I've mentioned in my introduction, I've got a couple of books which I'll list below: The Same Moon by Junying Kirk Trials of Life (Journey to the West) by Junying Kirk

READERS: If any of you literary inclined would like to read either of them, please give me a shout. I'd love to have more reviews for, especially Trials of Life, based on true events about bullying at work and much more.

Here is my blog for you to check me out: http://www.junyingkirk.com/.

I would welcome book reviews from you about other authors' works, if you do not have your own blog site and want a platform to share your views.

Authors: please check on my SERVICES page on my blog, where I offer support to fellow Indie authors/artists. Please contact me if you think I can be of any help to your work - I do read a great deal but not every genre. It's all on my blog page, which I hope you would find interesting & informative.

I would like to held a contest/give-away when my new book is released in a few weeks time, and would inform everyone here.

Thanks & Regards!

message 28: by AmBear (new)

AmBear Shellea | 5 comments Hey everyone, so many new faces to meet! It will take some time, but I will visit all the blogs/websites listed and leave comments for you. Also, if any of you have buttons on your sites, with your permission, I'll add those to my site as well. I love meeting new people!

I am AmBear Shellea, author of The Pedalstem Lillie Series. It's a Fantasy Romance Series. Book one~ Chaos Unleashed is available at www.devinedestinies.com and on amazon.com. Book 2, Revelation is due out October 1, 2012.
Blogsite: www.pedalstemlillieseries.blogspot.com If you have any extra time, stop by and check it out. I have plenty of stuff to see. I'm hosting a giveaway for new followers, there are chapter teasers, reviews both for my work and others, and much more! I love company so stop in!

I am looking for reviewers and guest spots etc and I will also do reviews and guestspot etc. I look forward to seeing all of you again soon! Stay tuned, my paranormal series will be out soon as well.

Have a blessed day!
AmBear Shellea

Chaos Unleashed

message 29: by AmBear (new)

AmBear Shellea | 5 comments M.O. wrote: "Hey guys,

My pen name is M.O Kenyan and I am the author of Shades of Spring 1964; Letters to My daughter.

Please go to www.mokauthor.wordpress.com and check out the first chapter. A comment would..."

Okay, so I stopped by your site, and my PC is doing its own thing again, so I couldnt post a comment on your website, so I'll post it here!

I read the chapter teaser you have posted and I really liked it. My only advice is maybe go in and format it some. In some places it was a bit hard to follow, but I managed. When I say format, I mean, set it up like you would in the pages of a book.

I would like to see more! It peeked my interest! If anyone has not checked out this site yet, Shades of Spring teaser chapter, you should!

Happy Reading!
AmBear

message 30: by AmBear (new)

AmBear Shellea | 5 comments Junying wrote: "Hi, Vered, and everyone in this fab new group of readers and authors :).

As I've mentioned in my introduction, I've got a couple of books which I'll list below: The Same Moon by Junying Kirk[bookcover..."

I would like to spotlight you and your work on my page, as a guest post if you're okay with that. I have a few ahead of you, but I would definetly like for you to be a guest. Your pagae is wonderful, I loved all the pictures of your adventure and the books really caught my attention along with the reviews. Thank you for posting your page in here! I enjoyed it!

Please let em know if your intrested!

To any other authors who like to be a guest, please let me know. I may not read your genre, but I am all for Authors helping authors!

Happy Reading!
AmBear

message 31: by Jessi, <~}{{Faery Queen**aka**PixiBell}{{~> (new)

Welcome everyone!!! I'm currently compiling a list of all the authors of the group/which genre they write/their websites....So please if you know anyone who should be on the list and isn't please have tell us a little something about themselves in this thread. Also if you have a favorite author (J.D. Robb, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Seanan McGuire,etc) please invite them to the group & thread as well.

@Junying: I'm hoping to have a few giveaways each month. Right now I'm still trying to see who would like to participate as well. Message/Tweet(@LiteraryIncline)/Email(reviewsfortheliteraryinclined@gmail.com)me your ideas about how you would like to go about doing that.

message 32: by Junying (new)

Junying | 27 comments @AmBear - thanks for the offer to spotlight my work. I'd love to take it up. Really appreciate you visiting my blog too and your lovely comments :)! Your blog is sparkling! I don't mind waiting for a while before your feature, as it would be nice when my new book comes out and I'd be happy to do some promo then :)

@Jessi - found the group twitter and followed and left a message there. Yes, I'm game if you wish to do regular give-aways - soon I'll have three for people to choose from :)

message 33: by Vered (new)

Vered (vered_ehsani) This feels like a confessional: My name is Vered and I am an author.
:-)

I have 4 books out: paranormal (no vamps or wolves!) & a touch of Sci Fi, with 2 more coming out over the next five months. I'm happy to provide copies in exchange for honest reviews.

Books:
Diary of a Part-Time Ghost (Ghosts & Shadows #1) by Vered Ehsani Where Shadows Dance (Ghosts & Shadows #2) by Vered Ehsani Lethal Takeout (Ghost Post Mysteries #1) by Vered Ehsani Dragon's Mind (Dragon & Myth #1) by Vered Ehsani

message 34: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Barnes (rubybarnes) | 7 comments Vered wrote: "Monica wrote: "Ruby, you're right, your covers are pretty :)Like them all."

Yup, I agree - nice covers! Who does them for you?"

Thanks Vered and Monica ;-)
The Baptist was done by http://www.estherkeziaharding.com/

Peril, The New Author and The Crucible Part 1 were done by http://www.jdsmith-design.co.uk/

I have a new one coming (also by JDSmith) and just put the cover up on Goodreads now so I could show you. It's a techno thriller about global pharmaceutical conspiracy (yawn...no, really, should be good!)

Allen's Mosquito (The Crucible Part 2)
Allen's Mosquito (The Crucible Part 2) by Ruby Barnes

message 35: by Jessi, <~}{{Faery Queen**aka**PixiBell}{{~> (new)

Our author list is growing yayyyy!!!!

message 36: by Jessi, <~}{{Faery Queen**aka**PixiBell}{{~> (new)

Hello Ashley welcome and yes, yes I am.

message 37: by Jessica (new)

Jessica McQuay (jessica27) | 14 comments Hi All! I am new to the group. I am an author and my novel, Black Moon, is set to release this November! My website is www.jessicamcquay.com

Looking forward to taking part in the group. =)

message 38: by Monica Porta (new)

Monica Porta | 196 comments Hi, Ashley and Jessica :)Lovely websites, both of you.
Ruby,love the last cover, very elegant.
Vered, I was waiting for you to join the support group :)

message 39: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Lee (crystalleeauthor) | 1 comments Hi there. My name is Crystal Lee, and I'm an author of several genres. Right now I've been publishing my science fiction romance series, Canopy (Canopy, #1) by Crystal Lee and my upcoming historical fiction, Hart Coursing, about Henry VIII. It's told from his perspective, where he's the victim. This novel will be published by November 2012 at the latest. I've also published the first book in a gardenning series, Lazy Arizona Organic Gardener's Basics Lazy Arizona Organic Gardener's Basics (Lazy Arizona Organic Gardener, #1) by Crystal Lee

My website is http://crystalleeauthor.com

And next week all 3 of my currently published books will be free if you're interested in free kindle books. Danats (Canopy #2) by Crystal Lee

I love to tweet: @CLeeAuthor, and I'm always happy to meet other authors and avid readers (since I'm both).

message 40: by Jessica (new)

Jessica McQuay (jessica27) | 14 comments Monica wrote: "Hi, Ashley and Jessica :)Lovely websites, both of you.
Ruby,love the last cover, very elegant.
Vered, I was waiting for you to join the support group :)"

Hi Monica, and thank you! =)

message 41: by H.E. (new)

H.E. Regis | 1 comments HI, I'm a new author, having just self-published my first book. It is an erotic romance called A Multitude of Sins. You can find out more about the book here on goodreads or on my blog www.heregis.blogspot.com I'm also on twitter @HE_Regis I am currently doing two giveaways. Both are for signed copies of my book. One is going on via my blog and the other is here on goodreads.

message 42: by Robb (last edited Sep 14, 2012 07:45AM) (new)

Robb Grindstaff (robb_grindstaff) Hi everyone, thanks for the invite. I'm Robb Grindstaff, an author (no pen name -- just me). I've had several short stories published, including a self-published collection called Sonoran Dreams.

A publishing company recently offered me a 3-book arrangement for my novels, which of course has me quite stoked. My first novel, 'Hannah's Voice,' is scheduled for a January 15, 2013 release.

To support my writing habit, I'm a full-time freelance book editor. My website has a section for my editing and a tab for my writing, with links, updates, and samples.

Besides writing and editing, I just love to read and talk about books.

Sonoran Dreams: Three Short Stories From Exile

Edited to add: I neglected to mention my genre/style, I guess. Most of my work is adult contemporary fiction, general to literary, although I experiment in different genres in my short stories on occasion. One of the stories in 'Sonoran Dreams' is horror, the other two are general fiction.

message 43: by Jessi, <~}{{Faery Queen**aka**PixiBell}{{~> (new)

Welcome!!!

message 44: by Robb (new)

Robb Grindstaff (robb_grindstaff) Jessi wrote: "Welcome!!!"

Thanks! It's great to be here, and I'm just wandering around getting familiar with the group.

message 45: by Monica Porta (new)

Monica Porta | 196 comments Hi, Robb :)
Congrats on your three books deal! I love success stories like yours! Keep us informed.

message 46: by Robb (new)

Robb Grindstaff (robb_grindstaff) Monica wrote: "Hi, Robb :)
Congrats on your three books deal! I love success stories like yours! Keep us informed."

Thanks! I will. Hopefully I won't bug everyone to death with it!

message 47: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 176 comments Robb wrote: "Hi everyone, thanks for the invite. I'm Robb Grindstaff, an author (no pen name -- just me). I've had several short stories published, including a self-published collection called Sonoran Dreams.

..."

Hey there, Robb! Congrats! How EXCITING!

message 48: by Eri (new)

Eri Nelson (erinelson) Hello Everyone,

I was just skimming the above and am wowed on the authors as well as the entire group's support. Even noticed a few names and smiling faces. I am honored to be among you all.

Here is a little about myself:

My name is Eri (airy) Nelson (no pen name) and I a nontraditional indie author who manages all areas of her fiction, fantasy, paranormal, action, adventure and sometimes-erotic writing. Doing the work myself I do my best too keep cost low for readers.

I hope you will feel free to join me and my shadowy side of writing. I would be delighted to take you along to explore new desire hunger filled worlds where your mind can share in the heat of the read.

http://www.dearharts.com

message 49: by Monica Porta (new)

Monica Porta | 196 comments Hi, Eri! Your stories sound intriguing and you have puppies welcoming people to your page. Double points :)

message 50: by Eri (new)

Eri Nelson (erinelson) Thank you Monica... I am in the middle of revamping the page so hopefully it will still be as welcoming. :)

« previous 1 3 4