Jack Reacher Series discussion

General Topics > Reacherisms

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 5 comments JR is such a compelling character! Wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing favorite surprises/quirks/qualities of Jack Reacher?

For example, I was surprised to learn that Jack sends Christmas cards. (Think it was in Killing Floor.)

message 2: by Shantanu (new)

Shantanu Maskeri | 2 comments When you don't have time to sleep the next best thing is a Bath & if no time even for a bath then Brush your teeth.
Can be found in 'The Enemy'

message 3: by Hapzydeco (new)

Hapzydeco | 5 comments If in doubt, turn left. (page 365 - A Wanted Man)

message 4: by Eric (new)

Eric (ebaer) | 2 comments Reacher said nothing

message 5: by Erica (new)

Erica (blondechick80) | 7 comments I like how in just about every novel he teaches us something about "human nature"

message 6: by Jim (new)

Jim (papastu) Erica wrote: "I like how in just about every novel he teaches us something about "human nature"" I agree with you. I actual feel like I knew some guys like him who came home from Nam in the 70's.

message 7: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 5 comments Love the comments! It seems Reacher's philosophy on the ownership of material goods is beginning to spill over into my decisions in life...another positive human nature lesson!

message 8: by Erica (new)

Erica (blondechick80) | 7 comments Also I tell people that everything I know about guns and street fighting I learned from Reacher.

message 9: by Judy (new)

Judy | 17 comments I like that he doesn't own "stuff" - ie. car, home (well, yes, briefly, but that didn't work out), he travels by bus or military transport, and his only "luggage" is a toothbrush - - - he buys a change of clothes when he gets to his destination.

I envy that because I feel I have too much STUFF.

message 10: by Carmen (new)

Carmen (mrscarm) "I know I'm smarter than an armadillo" - Echo Burning

message 11: by Hapzydeco (new)

Hapzydeco | 5 comments You never have an alibi when you need one. That's a universal law of nature. (One Shot)

message 12: by Dipanjan (new)

Dipanjan | 8 comments Never go back. (Even the new books title is that)

message 13: by Jay (new)

Jay I love his internal clock that is spot on

message 14: by Gordon (new)

Gordon  (gmonie) Gone Tomorrow - Love the entire 3 person hotel conversation before he drops the hammer

Reacher - 'we know because they sent they're A-team & we sent our B-team'
Springfield/Samson - 'How do u know its our B-Team?'
Reacher - 'Because if that's our A-team we all better move to Canada'