Book Trailers (tm) & Author Web Sites discussion

18 views
Book Trailer™ Information > Favorite Book Trailers

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Terah (new)

Terah Edun (terahedun) Anyone have a favorite Book Trailer?

I love The Black Prism by Brent Weeks.

http://youtu.be/k06jBvBQwKQ


message 2: by Kevis (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) Sure do. Blood and Bronze by David J. Guyton. If there's an indie author with a better trailer than this one, I haven't seen it yet. It's all the more impressive knowing the author produced the whole thing on a shoestring budget and had to do everything pretty much himself. And no, that isn't Bruce Willis in this trailer. It's his stunt double.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt7aBu...


message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Farris | 237 comments Kevis wrote: "Sure do. Blood and Bronze by David J. Guyton. If there's an indie author with a better trailer than this one, I haven't seen it yet. It's all the more impressive knowing the author produced the who..."

Would you mind watching mine? If it isn't better, I bet it comes in a close second.
http://www.youtube.com/standquietAndL...


message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Farris | 237 comments Terah wrote: "Anyone have a favorite Book Trailer?

I love The Black Prism by Brent Weeks.

http://youtu.be/k06jBvBQwKQ"


Would you mind watching mine? http://www.youtube.com/standquietAndL...


message 5: by Erec (new)

Erec Stebbins (erecstebbins) | 11 comments Kevis: I'm curious what a "shoe-string" budget is for a trailer with this level of development (including actors, horses (!), armor, special effects, and a director!).

I think I'm developing shoe-string envy! ;)

Amazing pair of trailers.


message 6: by Terah (new)

Terah Edun (terahedun) Kevis, Blood and Bronze was excellent! The 'Bruce Willis' appearance was perfect. Can't believe that his stunt double looks like his identical twin.


message 7: by Kevis (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) Sandra wrote: "Would you mind watching mine? If it isn't better, I bet it comes in a close second."

You have an outstanding trailer, Sandra. If I didn't know better, I would have thought it was a coming attraction for a feature film. Very impressive!


message 8: by Kevis (last edited Sep 15, 2012 09:24PM) (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) Erec wrote: "Kevis: I'm curious what a "shoe-string" budget is for a trailer with this level of development (including actors, horses (!), armor, special effects, and a director!).

I think I'm developing shoe-string envy! ;)"


Definitely a one-man band operation. Took him over a year to hand sew the costumes and render the special effects for the trailer. I still don't understand how he was able to put out such high quality with virtually no budget. It's really amazing what a very determined individual can pull off when he/she puts their mind to it. And yeah, I've got a bit of shoe-string envy too, lol!


message 9: by Kevis (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) Terah wrote: "Kevis, Blood and Bronze was excellent! The 'Bruce Willis' appearance was perfect. Can't believe that his stunt double looks like his identical twin."

Couldn't agree more. Having Bruce Willis' twin in the trailer was a winner. Definitely raised the stock value of the whole production.


message 10: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Farris | 237 comments Kevis wrote: "Sandra wrote: "Would you mind watching mine? If it isn't better, I bet it comes in a close second."

You have an outstanding trailer, Sandra. If I didn't know better, I would have thought it was a ..."


Thank you, Kevis. I appreciate that.


message 11: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Farris | 237 comments Kevis wrote: "Sure do. Blood and Bronze by David J. Guyton. If there's an indie author with a better trailer than this one, I haven't seen it yet. It's all the more impressive knowing the author produced the who..."I watched your video and left a comment. Great book trailer. I shared it on Face Book.


message 12: by Erec (new)

Erec Stebbins (erecstebbins) | 11 comments Definitely a one-man band operation. Took him over a year to hand sew the costumes and render the special effects for the trailer.

*Bows before greatness.*


message 13: by Kevis (last edited Sep 17, 2012 04:22PM) (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) Call me clueless, but considering there are dozens of other threads in this group to show off our own trailers, I'm not sure I get the point of posting our trailers in this one too. Wasn't this supposed to be the one thread where we finally got to discuss other people's trailers? Or am I missing something?


message 14: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Farris | 237 comments Sorry, Kevis. I deleted my comment.


message 15: by Kevis (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) Sandra wrote: "Sorry, Kevis. I deleted my comment."

No need to apologize, Sandra. I certainly enjoyed watching your trailer and can understand your excitement about it. But it is rather disappointing to see that this thread has turned into yet another self-promotional thread when it wasn't intended for that purpose. But rather than flog a dead horse, I'll refrain from saying anymore.


message 16: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Farris | 237 comments Kevis wrote: "Sandra wrote: "Sorry, Kevis. I deleted my comment."

No need to apologize, Sandra. I certainly enjoyed watching your trailer and can understand your excitement about it. But it is rather disappoint..."


I understand.


message 17: by Kevis (last edited Sep 17, 2012 05:26PM) (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) Robin wrote: "Im sorry if someone got annoyed at what I posted
But if you know who I am perhaps you would understand why I posted it."


I apologize to both you and Sandra if my comments offended you. I really shouldn't have mentioned anything. This is a public group and I certainly have no control over the content here. I also didn't intend to upset anyone. In the future, I will refrain from commenting on matters such as this one, since I know it's a sore spot. Being that I watched and enjoyed both of your trailers, I'm sorry that I made it seem as though your contributions to the thread were unappreciated. Please accept my humble apology.


message 18: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Farris | 237 comments Kevis wrote: "I apologize to both you and Sandra if my comments offended you. I really shouldn't have mentioned anything. This is a public group and I certainly have no control over the content here. I also didn..."

Apology wasn't necessary, but accepted. I wasn't offended. Just didn't want to do the wrong thing.


message 19: by Terah (new)

Terah Edun (terahedun) Hello all,

Sorry I didn't jump in before but I will echo Kelvis' comment and ask authors to refrain from posting their own trailers to this discussion.

We want to appreciate book trailers for the merit of the work, not see people push their books for one more sale.


back to top