Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) Fifty Shades of Grey discussion

If you liked the Fifty Shades series....

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tammy (new) - added it

Tammy If you liked the Fifty Shades series, try the books by J.R. Ward. The Black Dagger Brotherhood series in my opinion is much better. The sex is hotter and the plot is better.

Randy Smith Yes The Black Dagger Brotherhood is really good and yes the sex is hot and there is strong plot.. 50 shade is a shadow when compared to this series.,,, no sex to speak of and a plot that is one long dull bore

Heidi I have to suggest the Wicker Lovers Series by Shayla Black! It is awesome! This is book one. Wicked Ties (Wicked Lovers, #1) by Shayla Black

Layna have heard a lot about these books :)

message 5: by Lauralee (last edited Sep 11, 2012 07:18PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lauralee We have a book club that discusses BDB and 50 shades and all other kinds of sexy books. Come by and talk books with us. www.innergoddess.freeforums.org

Nichole A club called inner goddess? Eh.

On the other hand, thanks for mentioning these books. I'm now attempting to get the first 10 of the BDB series.

Lauralee Yes, we have an Inner Goddess group here on Goodreads, too.
BDB is great!!! You will love them. I have yet to meet a better Alpha male than the Brothers.

message 8: by Jaime (new) - added it

Jaime Try the Anne Rice books ...Beauty's Capture, Beauty's Punishment, and Beauty's Release.

Sheila Adams Just want to sat thanks for this topic... I've increased my "to read list" with enough to keep me busy for some time! I prefer these types of discussions to help make my next choice in novels/series. :)

Jessica I LOVE THE BLACK DAGGER BROTHERHOOD SERIES!! Except I don't know if Vischous could have Christian's way of being a Dom haha

message 11: by Tammy (new) - added it

Tammy Heidi wrote: "I have to suggest the Wicker Lovers Series by Shayla Black! It is awesome! This is book one. Wicked Ties (Wicked Lovers, #1) by Shayla Black"

Thanks, I will try this series!!!

message 12: by Tammy (new) - added it

Tammy Randy wrote: "Yes The Black Dagger Brotherhood is really good and yes the sex is hot and there is strong plot.. 50 shade is a shadow when compared to this series.,,, no sex to speak of and a plot that is one lo..."

I agree!!!!

message 13: by Tammy (new) - added it

Tammy Layna wrote: "have heard a lot about these books :)"

SSSSOOOOOOO good, you wont be disappointed!!

message 14: by Tammy (new) - added it

Tammy Nichole wrote: "A club called inner goddess? Eh.

On the other hand, thanks for mentioning these books. I'm now attempting to get the first 10 of the BDB series."

Good for you...let me know what you think!!!

message 15: by Jenna (new) - rated it 1 star

Jenna Tammy wrote: "If you liked the Fifty Shades series, try the books by J.R. Ward. The Black Dagger Brotherhood series in my opinion is much better. The sex is hotter and the plot is better."

i have to agree with u the BDB series is WAY better then 50

message 16: by Jenna (new) - rated it 1 star

Jenna also if you liked the BDB series you should try Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark hunters series

message 17: by Adriana (last edited Sep 11, 2012 02:35PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Adriana Aviles I was hesitant about the J.R. Ward books, but once I read them I did like them. I got through book 8 and the lost interest. I just finished a new book called "on Dublin street" that I think is the type of book fifty shades fans could enjoy. It is COMPLETELY different, but hot!!

Cynthia F. I loved the for his pleasure series by kelly favor or also Bared to You by Sylvia Day.

message 19: by Skye (new) - rated it 5 stars

Skye I reccomend reading The Siren by Tiffany Reisz. Its way more in depth than 50 Shades and I got so much more out of it.

Renea I have been considering getting BDB #1 once Im done with Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy.
Only thing is, Im afraid to get wrapped up in BDB, because I can only get books sparactically throughout the year. It would take me a LONG time to get through that series. So I am debating.

Lauralee Oh, but BDB is really good, and worth the re-read until you can get to the next one.

message 22: by T. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T. try gabriels inferno and gabriels rapture by sylvain reynard

Nicole I just read On Dublin Street and found it to be right up there with 50 Shades. Christian has a little competition in my fantasies now haha

message 24: by Vail (last edited Sep 20, 2012 10:07AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Vail I gotta agree with the majority here, I'm nearing the end of the latest BDB book and dying of anticipation for the next one to come out. *rubs hands together*

50 Shades was just ugh.... between the fact that it is badly written and its just ugh... especially hard to read if you have real experience with BDSM. I just with I hadn't bought the Kindle version so I could use it for the kindling it is.

Thanks for the heads up on Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark hunters, I'll look into it.

Adriana Aviles Nicole wrote: "I just read On Dublin Street and found it to be right up there with 50 Shades. Christian has a little competition in my fantasies now haha"

I fell in love with Braden too! this is the first book I read that I like the Male character as appealing as Christian.

Lauralee I just read a new book and loved it, but have to wait until the spring for book 2 to come out. It's called If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones. Sara is trying to track down a missing person by reading her diary for clues and following her steps into the BDSM world. It is soooo good.

http://innergoddess.freeforums.org/sp...

message 27: by Char (new) - rated it 5 stars

Char You could also try Gena Showalter Lords of the Underworld...Also love BDB series