You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Closed Discussion Topic > New Moderator, Member Tally & More

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 49975 comments We're so excited to have jaxnsmom join the "mod squad". She is going to get her feet wet with the October Toppler. I'm sure she'll bring lots of new and exciting ideas to the group.

We are growing in leaps and bounds with 1694 members! Holy smoke people.... we're 6 members short of 1700!! That means that it is likely we will be adding more moderators in the near future. Please pm me if you would like to be considered.

message 2: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 49975 comments Welcome also to April who has agreed to take on the role of moderator!

message 3: by April (new)

April | 970 comments Thank you, Janice. I hope I am able to meet the expectations!

message 4: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8271 comments Yay April! Congratulations, I bet you'll do great!

message 5: by Amber (new)

Amber I commend all of you moderators for taking on these tasks. I cannot even begin to imagine how much time goes into the planning and execution of these events. Thank you! :)

message 6: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 49975 comments And welcome yet another new moderator to the group... Rusalka!

We've tripled our mod squad over the weekend with the hopes that it spreads out some of the planning and execution of the activities on this site.

Thanks again to jaxnsmom, April and Rusalka for joining the team. :)

message 7: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17557 comments Thanks! I will try and live up to the other mods!

I can assure you that Kermie will probably make an appearance every now and then, as much as I try to keep him contained.

message 8: by April (new)

April | 970 comments Thank you for the warm welcome! However, I feel like someone else said in another thread....excited but scared and nervous! Was that Jmom?? Rusalka....welcome! We will be learning the ropes together!

I have updated myself on all the threads.....now I will wait for my instructions? :).

message 9: by Ava Catherine (last edited Sep 10, 2012 01:51AM) (new)

Ava Catherine | 4258 comments Congratulations and a huge thank you to April, Jaxnsmom, and Rusalka for taking on the job of moderator! You are so appreciated!

Rusalka, I am glad to know that we shall see more of Kermit! ; ) lol

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I think moderators do a great job, and without them groups like these wouldn't survive. So as a member, thanks to those who've been doing the job and to those signing up to take it on.

message 11: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8271 comments Welcome aboard Rusalka! Kermit will be great for keeping up the energy level! Although I don't think you'll need any help with that, you have a great energy level. ☺

message 12: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 6542 comments Welcome to all the new mods, including Kermie!

message 13: by AmyK (new)

AmyK (yakyma) | 1044 comments HOORAY for new mods!! Happy planning!

message 14: by Robin (new)

Robin | 245 comments Welcome new mods! I have to saw I quite liked the newsletter thingy, and is it just me or is that banner type thing at the top of the group page new too? Quite fitting considering the rainbow read challenge... ;) props to whoevers idea that was! :)

message 15: by Mikki (new)

Mikki Wow, much has happened while I've been snoozing! Congrats Jaxnsmom, Rusalka and April I'm sure that we'll be see more good things in store with such an energetic team. As Robin stated above, The newsletter is a great idea -- all events in one place. Thank you!

message 16: by April (new)

April | 970 comments Mikki wrote: "Wow, much has happened while I've been snoozing! Congrats Jaxnsmom, Rusalka and April I'm sure that we'll be see more good things in store with such an energetic team. As Robin stated above, The..."

Thank you, Mikki. I must admit, I had to put my running shoes on with these ladies! I'm still trying to keep up!

message 17: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments Hi All. Just thought I'd stop by and say hello. It's been a while and wow the group has grown so much :) makes me so happy! You are all doing such a great job and I'm glad I handed over the reigns to such a great group of people. You've really pushed the group forward. I need to join in with some of these fab challenges!

message 18: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments I'm just having a look at it now. Actually have some time for reading over Xmas :)

message 19: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 49975 comments We can take the "honorary" off your title too, and have you back as an active moderator any time you'd like. :)

message 20: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments Ah bless ya :) I'll see how active I get in the next few months!!

message 21: by AmyK (new)

AmyK (yakyma) | 1044 comments Just wanted to let all of you know that if you still need any help with moderator stuff, i am available. I can't say I'm all that great with the creative side of the game.....you know, like comming up with all those amazing challenges, but I'm good for lots of other things. Being at home with my 3 year old all day, I find myself here ALOT.

message 22: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 49975 comments Thanks for the offer, Amy. I will let you know. :)

message 23: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 49975 comments Welcome Amy as a new moderator for our group!!

Amy is going to take over Judy's role with the Buddy Reads and group calendars.

Judy isn't leaving us. She is cutting back on her role as moderator. So you will still see her presence here in the group. Thank you, Judy, for all the hard work you have done in helping to build this group to the vibrant place it is. HUGS!!

message 24: by AmyK (new)

AmyK (yakyma) | 1044 comments HOORAY ME!!! Hopefully I can fill Judy's shoes half as well as she does.

Just think how nice it will be to only have to read the books Judy.....enjoy that time!

message 25: by Pragya (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) | 3606 comments Yay, Amy!

message 26: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 6542 comments Very cool, Amy.

message 27: by April (new)

April | 970 comments Welcome, Amy! Fun, Fun, Fun!

message 28: by AmyK (new)

AmyK (yakyma) | 1044 comments I love your avatar April......so much.

message 29: by April (new)

April | 970 comments Thanks, Amy! :)

message 30: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8271 comments Hooray for AmyK!!

Amy - don't give away any secrets to your mom :)

message 31: by AmyK (new)

AmyK (yakyma) | 1044 comments Only if she pays me :)

message 32: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8271 comments Well, I guess treats and other bribes are ok since we've all used them. LOL

message 33: by Ava Catherine (new)

Ava Catherine | 4258 comments Congratulations, Amy! You will be a perfect mod with all your energy and goodwill. ; )
I am so happy that you are going to be helping Judy and giving her some much deserved vacation time. : )
Judy, we love what you have done for YLTO. (HUGS)

message 34: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17557 comments Going through lots of old threads at the moment and doing some tidying up. In my tidying, I realised that we now have 2879 members! 21 more and we hit 2900. 121 more and we hit 3000!!

So welcome to everyone we haven't welcomed properly yet. Make sure you head to the Introductions section so we can say hi properly. If you've been with us for years and just lurking, please come out and say hi as well, we love to know who's around.

And of course, check out the activities that are happening in the group and always fell free to join in on whatever takes your fancy.

message 35: by Lilisa (last edited Aug 27, 2014 05:39PM) (new)

Lilisa | 2461 comments Rusalka -- You mods are great - thanks for all the great challenges and all the work you all do to make this fun! There's such a variety of activities - virtually something for everyone - pretty creative. Thanks Judy for introducing me to the group. Curious, when did this group start and how did it come about - inquiring minds want to know!

message 36: by Tasha (new)

Tasha This is such a fun group and I'm constantly inpressed with all you wonderful mods. You guys are so much fun! I'm glad to have found the group through Laura. :)

message 37: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 49975 comments Lilisa wrote: "Rusalka -- You mods are great - thanks for all the great challenges and all the work you all do to make this fun! There's such a variety of activities - virtually something for everyone - pretty cr..."

Jenny started it way back - 2009??? I'm not sure. When I joined the group 2011, (I think - not good with dates), Jenny was pretty much on her own and wanting some time off. I joined as a mod and started the challenges. Judy came on as a mod and started the topplers and buddy reads. As the group became more active, we needed help.

I'm so lucky to have a great team of mods to help keep this unruly group in hand - Rusalka, jaxnsmom, Kat, & Amy. And we still have Jenny pop back in every now again to participate as she can.

Best of all, we have a great group of people who who are what keep the group so active.

message 38: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17557 comments I just archived some threads from 2009 last night, so sounds about right.

I agree. Active and fun people is what makes the group. It's easy to mod when you have such a wonderful bunch of people to play with!

message 39: by Lilisa (new)

Lilisa | 2461 comments Janice wrote: "Lilisa wrote: "Rusalka -- You mods are great - thanks for all the great challenges and all the work you all do to make this fun! There's such a variety of activities - virtually something for every..."

2009 - pretty impressive Janice - thanks mods and thanks active and fun people!

message 40: by Liz (new)

Liz   (lizvegas) | 504 comments I'm newish to the group, but I think the MODS are amazing here!! :)

message 41: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 49975 comments Thanks for all the lovely complimentts. I think we have a great group - mods and members. It's just great to have so much fun with so many people. I laugh every day reading people's comments.

message 42: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8271 comments This is a really fun group! Between the members and the activities, it's a joy being a moderator here. Knowing that you're creating something that makes people want to participate, and seeing the discussions and silliness makes it totally worth being called a Meanie!

message 43: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 2674 comments Aw but we mean it in a nice way when we call you mods Meanie :)

message 44: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18196 comments Wow that's a great number of people! It is the best group - great mods, great regular discussion participants and great challenges! Let's face it - we're addicted! It feels weird not checking in each day on YLTO!

message 45: by Pragya (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) | 3606 comments I love this group. It's my favorite on GR. I try and follow up with a lot of challenges and book reads and discussions. I have gone out of my way to bug real life friends to join this group because it's so much fun. And when they do join, they thank me. Thank you Mods for all the fun that happens here. It requires so much work on your part.

message 46: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 49975 comments I remember wondering what the heck YLTO was - and now that's more the name to me than You'll Love This One. LOL!

message 47: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20272 comments Sarah wrote: "It is the best group - great mods, great regular discussion participants and great challenges! Let's face it - we're addicted! It feels weird not checking in each day on YLTO!..."

I agree Sarah. I do not know how not to do it!
If I can't do it on my PC, I always have my iPod handy.

message 48: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 1135 comments I ditto Sarah's comment. You guys are great - this group is wonderful!

message 49: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 131 comments I'm getting fed up with my real life book clubs choices and think I'll just stick to you guys. Great challenges, great read alongs all good really

message 50: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17557 comments Nawww Carolyn. So good to have you with us!

« previous 1