Palace of Stone (Princess Academy, #2) Palace of Stone discussion

LOVE this book-- But I don't like some parts of it... SPOILERS

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

:)
I love this book.
I just got it last night, and I finished it!! It's that good!

Okay, one thing that I didn't like was Timon. He really annoyed me... Anyone else?

One thing that I did kind of like was Liana's betrayal... She always annoyed me, and the betrayal did surprise me, but it was awesome!

Tabitha I really liked Peder. I thought he treated her really great! I totally agree with you about Timon though;he annoyed me too!!:)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Mmm, Peder is really awesome. :)

Tirzah I didn't like the fact that Timon used Miri for the revolution. That was rotten of him, but I wouldn't say I didn't like Timon. He was fighting for a good cause; however, he was overzealous and went about revolting in unethical ways.

This book was really good-I think I like it a little bit better than the first one!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes... He just annoyed me. Probably because I really, really thought that Miri and Peder had to be together. I couldn't have anyone coming in between them!

johanna Ugh, yes :I. Timon was really annoying... I kept shouting at Miri to ignore him! T_T she didn't listen.

message 7: by Heba (last edited Dec 17, 2012 09:55AM) (new)

Heba Omy I LOVED Peder in this book, he was just like the regular soul mate boy. Timon was so annoying and kept clouding up Miri's vision. And then there was Lady Sisela also selfish and a backstabbing fraud. But Liana: I LOVE that she betrayed them, seemed a bit harsh, but with her character, it makes sense that she could be willing to stretch to the evil side.
What I LOVED about this book is that it was so much like real life despite being fantasy! I could relate to it a lot!
French Revolution, Peder's reluctance to expressing his love, his shyness, sweet, quiet and steady= just like my old love, who is also a boy, but he was shy to step forward and be the guy to make the move but we did have a true romance, then there was Liana who was sort of a sour crabapple = my ex-friend who was always reeal suupercilious, and i helped her be better, but when someone worse came in and decided to influence her and take her along to the dooming road of conceitedness, she jumped for it and betrayed me. It was in her nature to go that direction just as it was in Liana's nature to go down that path.
Then Timon. Stupid stupid Timon. I can't connect Timon to real life though.

message 8: by Heba (new)

Heba Hadley~Potterhead wrote: "Mmm, Peder is really awesome. :)"

agreed upon!

Jessica Tirzah wrote: "I didn't like the fact that Timon used Miri for the revolution. That was rotten of him, but I wouldn't say I didn't like Timon. He was fighting for a good cause; however, he was overzealous and wen..."

no one could've said that better

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Tabitha wrote: "I really liked Peder. I thought he treated her really great! I totally agree with you about Timon though;he annoyed me too!!:)"

Yeah peder was awesome but he kind of neglected miri I wish there was more romance in it though the way the both proposed was kind of sucky.