Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

Lord of Chaos (The Wheel of Time, #6)
This topic is about Lord of Chaos
The Wheel of Time > LORD of CHAOS - Chapters 14 through 27 **SPOILERS**

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jon (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jon (jonmoss) | 706 comments I'm a week behind. I'm actually started reading Lord of Chaos today. But don't let my tardiness stop you from commenting here.

Spoilers are allowed for all previous books in the Wheel of Times Series and up through chapter 27 in Lord of Chaos. Please mark any spoilers that refer to events in future books.

message 2: by Rob (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob | 38 comments I can't remember if it happened in this section or the previous section but why did Egwene run away from Nynaeve and Elayne in Tel'aran'rhiod? It seems like several times she thinks that she needs some information from them or to tell them something but she doesn't talk to them? She's not allowed to go per the Wise Ones but that doesn't stop her. Is she scared of being outed as faking being an Aes Sedai by the real Aes Sedai that Nynaeve and Elayne are training? That would make sense but I don't remember ever reading that motivation.

I enjoyed the Ogier visit, always slightly amusing characters. How nice it would be to learn what Loial has been up to, I assume we will in the near future when his bride to be shows up. Maybe Perrin will have some screen time then too!

In the scene where the Whitecloaks attack with the crossbows I found it really odd when Dimir Faral, the one Rand let live, was begging for his life and said "I'll w-walk in the Light, I s-swear" Don't the Whitecloaks already walk in the Light? It just seemed such a strange thing for him to say. There wasn't any mention that he was a Darkfriend was there?

And finally, I'm curious as to who Messana is. Is she an Aes Sedai we've met before or is it going to be some new character.

message 3: by Jon (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jon (jonmoss) | 706 comments Rob wrote: "I can't remember if it happened in this section or the previous section but why did Egwene run away from Nynaeve and Elayne in Tel'aran'rhiod? It seems like several times she thinks that she needs..."

Go back and re-read Egwene's point-of-view scenes in this section. She explains why she ran from Nynaeve and Elayne (and everyone else) in the Dream World. It directly relates to her promise to the Wise Ones.

Heidi | 71 comments Rob - at one point Egwene is reflecting on a dream she had where every time she tries to talk to Elayne or Nynaeve, something bad happens. I think that's why she is scared to talk to them.

Regarding the Whitecloak attack on Rand, it seemed really obvious to me the attackers were only posing as Whitecloaks. I'm surprised Rand fell for it. My guess is the attackers were sent by one of the Forsaken since the Dark One seems to have instructed the Forsaken to cause chaos.

I'm enjoying the romance between Egwene and Gawyn in this section. It is a bit more believable than the other romances the author has written (Perrin and Faile, Rand and Elayne, Nynaeve and Lan). But in general Jordan is not very good at romance!

message 5: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kathi | 825 comments Mod
Didn't Fain have some former Whitecloaks with him? I seem to recall them being disheveled and unkempt. Maybe these were part of his group.