Clean Romances discussion

Heartless
This topic is about Heartless
Author Promotions & Excerpts > Heartless Re-Release (Regency romance)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new) - added it

Jaimey (jaimeygrant) | 409 comments Mod
I finally finished and revealed the cover for the New Revised Edition of Heartless. The interior is getting a new edit and formatting; I'm almost done with that. While the story didn't change much, I did fix a few issues (improper use of the word handicap, for example).

For any of you who already purchased the eBook, you'll be able to get the updated book free. I'm going to replace the old one so all you'll have to do is download the new one from Smashwords or Amazon, depending on where you got it...at least, I think that's how it works. I'm not sure how it all works for B&N purchases.

:O)

message 2: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (last edited Nov 08, 2012 01:22PM) (new) - added it

So Heartless is finally back on the virtual shelves. On Amazon, at least. It will be available on the other retail sites in February 2013. Paperback will be out... in a week or so, if I don't get too distracted. lol

You can get it here:
US ($2.99): http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001IZZ2RC
UK (£1.92): http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001IZZ2RC

So what's different?

I cleaned up the language a bit, though not entirely. (Still no f-bombs, just FYI.) Still "closed door" romance. Other than the language, I tweaked some scenes, added a few, deleted a few... that kind of thing. The formatting is GORGEOUS, and all thanx to Linda Boulanger of Tell-Tale Book Cover Designs. She's the BEST! (http://telltalebookcovers.weebly.com)

If anyone has any questions, I'm happy to answer them. Thanx for taking the time to look! ♥

Marisa Adams (marisa_adams) | 36 comments Jaimey,

The cover art on this is simply beautiful!

message 4: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new) - added it

Thanx! It only took me a year to get it just right. lol

Marisa Adams (marisa_adams) | 36 comments Did you do the cover yourself or did Tell-Tale do it for you?

message 6: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new) - added it

Tell-Tale did the interior formatting, I did the cover. I design book covers as a side business: http://www.anauthorsart.com

message 7: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new) - added it

Oh my, Heartless has received three 5-star reviews on Amazon (US) in the past day. I am beyond thrilled that readers are responding so well to this title! ♥

message 8: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (last edited Nov 13, 2012 04:14PM) (new) - added it

I don't know why I didn't post the blurb. I like it much better than the blurb I had previously.

A dark stranger....
Finding herself abandoned after the death of her father, Leandra Harcourt takes the greatest risk of her life. She accepts the marriage proposal of a complete stranger, the Duke of Derringer—a man the world calls Lord Heartless.

A heartless proposal....
A desperate girl with no prospects seems the perfect solution to Derringer's most recent problem: marry before his 30th birthday to gain his rightful inheritance, though marriage is the last thing he needs. The need to find his missing cousin takes priority over any silly marriage and he quickly abandons his new bride in the wreck of his family estate.

A perfect love....
Two people were never more suited for each other than the duke and his wife, but will they discover it before it's too late? With an assassin dogging his heels and a suitor wooing his wife, love will not have the luxury of time.

And at one point today, Heartless was #56 on Amazon's Hot New Releases in Regency Romance list! SQUEE!! (Then it dropped to #63 and now it's #62. Still SQUEE!!) lol

Marisa Adams (marisa_adams) | 36 comments Okay...I've never really been a fan of Regency romance, but your blurb actually caught my attention. I just bought it. :)

message 10: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new) - added it

Marisa wrote: "Okay...I've never really been a fan of Regency romance, but your blurb actually caught my attention. I just bought it. :)"

Thanx so much! I really, really hope it doesn't let you down! :OD

message 11: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new) - added it

There are two excerpts from the revised edition of Heartless up on my blog. I posted them as Sweet Saturday Samples.

This link http://jaimeygrant.blogspot.com/searc... should pull up all of my Sweet Sat Samples, which at this point is only two and both are Heartless. :O)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Jamiey, I really liked your book! It was very original! Thanks for the great book!!

message 13: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new) - added it

You're very welcome! I'm so thrilled you liked it! ♥