Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) Clockwork Prince discussion

Jem and Katniss

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

J.D. Field These are two of my favourite characters in YA. Do you think they would have a good relationship?
Why?

message 2: by Kate (last edited Sep 09, 2012 03:58AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate no, cause jem's a shadowhunter and katniss is a human. and even if she became an assendant she wouldn't be able enough to follow jem into battles with demons

Whitney No because Jem is too gentle and Katniss is too fierce. It would never work.

Darlene Whitney wrote: "No because Jem is too gentle and Katniss is too fierce. It would never work."

But that's one of the reasons Peeta and Katniss did work. Peeta and Katniss balanced each other out. Peeta is still strong in his own way though, and so is Jem.
The only thing I think would be weird to adjust to is their different time eras. Other than that, I think it would be an interesting pair :D
Omg and he could play the violin and she would sing and yeah, it'd be cute.

Gabby Whitney wrote: "No because Jem is too gentle and Katniss is too fierce. It would never work."

I second that comment

J.D. Field Darlene =) wrote: "Whitney wrote: "No because Jem is too gentle and Katniss is too fierce. It would never work."

But that's one of the reasons Peeta and Katniss did work. Peeta and Katniss balanced each other out. P..."

I love this idea. I mean, a big bit of Katniss is she's completely cut off from her emotions, and maybe Jem would help her access them. He's not weak, though. I think he could handle her, be good for her...

Gabby Hmmm, never thought of that...

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

no. before mockingjay, katniss would have seemed too wild for jem. he would have respected what she did to save her sister but she is sort of a loose canon and i don;t think he would have been into that. he already has that relationship with will. after mockingjay i think she would have disgusted him. she basically falls apart after prim's death and i think he would have felt like she wallowed too much. jem is strong and refuses to wallow in his own death.

Elliegrace no because for jem the only girl he will ever love will be tessa

Shamika Elliegrace wrote: "no because for jem the only girl he will ever love will be tessa"

true that...its just soooooooooooo bittersweet

message 11: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate but it is true