Goodreads Ireland discussion

Introductions > Gary

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gary (new)

Gary Kelly Hi, I'm Gary. I'm a (slightly) mature student and, surprise surprise, I love reading. I like a 'bit of everything', which is to say I drift aimlessly from one genre/author to the next, with no discernible trend.

My 'read' list is mostly stuff that I've been through in the past five years. Before that it was non-fiction, dealing with everything and anything (I'll get around to cataloguing it eventually). Nowadays it's mainly fiction that interests me.

I've recently developed a habit of reading up to five or six books at a time. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing! But I seem to be flying through stuff, so I'll stick with it for now.

Anyway, that's me.

message 2: by Roberta (new)

Roberta | 78 comments Welcome Gary. Book juggling is a wonderful talent. I do it to a small degree but can become lost.

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 08, 2012 05:06PM) (new)

Welcome, Gary. I'm a mature student myself, studying Chemistry at DIT. What are you studying?

message 4: by Gary (new)

Gary Kelly Thanks, Roberta. I think I spoke too soon actually. Last night I picked up one of the novels I've been reading, but I had no idea what was going on. So I had to back-track a half chapter. Not good!

And thanks, Declan. I'm studying law in TCD. Going into my third year.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Good luck this year.

message 6: by I-like-to-read (new)

I-like-to-read (AKAKate) Hi Gary

Welcome to the group. I can manage 2 books at a time but no more than that, as sometimes the storylines get a bit mixed up, especially if the books have a similar story line. :-)

Kate

message 7: by Gary (new)

Gary Kelly Thanks, Kate :)

message 8: by Roberta (new)

Roberta | 78 comments Gary wrote: "Thanks, Roberta. I think I spoke too soon actually. Last night I picked up one of the novels I've been reading, but I had no idea what was going on. So I had to back-track a half chapter. Not good!..."

What is tuition like there? Is it way more expensive for non-residents?

message 9: by Gary (new)

Gary Kelly Hi Roberta. The cost for non-EU residents varies between courses, but the average seems to be €16,000 per year.

You'll find everything you need here.
http://www.tcd.ie/Treasurers_Office/f...

message 10: by Roberta (new)

Roberta | 78 comments Yikes. I knew I should have pursued that EU passport a but more dilegently. Thanks for the info.

message 11: by Gary (new)

Gary Kelly No problem.