One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) One for the Money discussion

Joe Morelli

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lauren (aplpeach) So, do Stephanie and Joe get together? Do they become a couple? I am dying to know.

Tina yes. no. yes. no. yes. no. kinda like that...

Wendy They are but they aren't...she still has the hots for Ranger!

message 4: by Jennifer (last edited Sep 08, 2012 02:46PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer I've only read the first 2 or 3 but yes I am dying for them to get together finally. I did hear it becomes a love triangle with Ranger which disappoints me.

There is what like 19 of these books now? That is a looooong time of yes no yes nos. I will probably get annoyed.

Lauren (aplpeach) Jennifer wrote: "I've only read the first 2 or 3 but yes I am dying for them to get together finally. I did hear it becomes a love triangle with Ranger which disappoints me.

There is what like 19 of these books no..."

Me too. I'm already slightly annoyed

Wendy I hear what you are saying. That is why I don't get too excited when her books come out now because it is always the same. In the beginning, her books were so great...lulu and grandma...just hilarious! And of course Morelli and Ranger just exude steam off the paper they are so hot. But...Janet E. needs to get Stephanie to s* or get off the pot! It does get annoying. I am just praying for a new story line because the characters are so good!

Jennifer Yeah I have up to to the 14th book on my shelf but I take really long breaks in between reading them because I feel like they are the same. I loved the first one but after the third one I am already annoyed with Stephanie and Joe too. They get so close and then act like they can't or don't want to be together.

message 8: by Jeanie (last edited Sep 09, 2012 09:50PM) (new)

Jeanie Jackson I still think she is going to end the series the Stephanie pregnant and not sure who is the father. I don't think this triangle is going to get resolve.

Ranger loves her but he is not committed to her. He does support her.

Joe may be in love with her and is mostly committed to her, but he has finally figured out that there may be something to Ranger and Stephanie's relationship. Of course he has wondered for a long time and still isn't sure. He complains about everything she does.

I just don't get it. Why do I keep reading these books?

Marianne Jeanie wrote: "I still think she is going to end the series the Stephanie pregnant and not sure who is the father. I don't think this triangle is going to get resolve.

Ranger loves her but he is not committed t..."
I just don't get it. Why do I keep reading these books?

Um, because they're hilariously funny?

Marianne Tina wrote: "yes. no. yes. no. yes. no. kinda like that..."

LOL very well put.

message 11: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie Jackson Marianne wrote: "Jeanie wrote: "I still think she is going to end the series the Stephanie pregnant and not sure who is the father. I don't think this triangle is going to get resolve.

Ranger loves her but he is ..."

You are right, it is about the humor, not the romance.

Christine Jeanie wrote: "I still think she is going to end the series the Stephanie pregnant and not sure who is the father. I don't think this triangle is going to get resolve.

I like this ending, it would be a nice ending to this series. Either that, or she is going to show up in Diesel's books and get serious with him. Then Joe can be with Lizzy, and Ranger can be with Jeanne Ellen Burrows

message 13: by Liza (new) - rated it 4 stars

Liza Christine wrote: "I like this ending, it would be a nice ending to this series. Either that, or she is going to show up in Diesel's books and get serious with him. Then Joe can be with Lizzy, and Ranger can be with Jeanne Ellen Burrowsi>

I like this, especially since Stephanie thought he was hot also. She doesn't have the same problem with sleeping with Diesel as Diesel and Lizzy would have. I guess Lizzy can have Joe. As for Ranger, if he looks like Daniel - I'll take him LOL.

Alisha Gifford I've just started the series and am on the 8th one. I agree that she needs to make up her mind, and in case she needs any help-MORELLI!!!!!

Prerna Hi,
Sorry for spamming, but I would be glad if you could take a look at
https://www.facebook.com/TheDumbAndTh...
This is my first fiction co-authored with Abhinav Shrivastava.
Cheers!
Prerna

Anita Stephanie loves both Joe and Ranger. But neither one of them is the total package she needs. They both love her, but not the total package that Stephanie is. Stephanie loves Joe because he is the settled, sane, normal, domistic life she thinks she wants. Stephanie loves Ranger because he is the dark, mysterious, dangerous, life she is drawn to. Neither man can give her everything she needs. Until someone changes - Joe accepts the dangerous Stephanie, or, Ranger accepts the domistic Stephanie, or, Stephanie settles, this goes on.

Jennifer I have only finished the third one and so far there has been nada between Stephanie and Ranger. I am curious to see how that develops except that I hate love triangle so I'd rather she just end up with Joe already. Sad to hear I have 19 books of back and forth to look forward too. I figured she would have settled around the tenth one or so!!

Marian Nope, #18 is simply a repeat of every joke and relationship issue as the previous 17. I got so annoyed, I no longer find them funny or worth reading. It's not that the writing is bad; it's stale and there is nowhere to go with the plot since the characters aren't going to change. The series needs to end. As I suggested on another thread, either Stephanie should commit to Morelli and end with a wedding or drop both Morelli and Ranger and her job which is really a dead end job and drop sponging off her parents. She should get a job in another city doing something else. End of series.

Heather Both Joe and Ranger sound like hotties. The movie characters who play them are quite good looking as well. (Which I don't recommend seeing- it is stale acting and ruins the first book.) I get a good laugh out of her books, but I think it's important to take a break in between reading them because it does have a pretty predictable story line. I think I would rate these books as good easy reads for vacation.

message 20: by Darlene (last edited Dec 08, 2012 02:16PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Darlene I have read through book 17 or 18 and as you can tell they are so much alike i have to check out my book shelves tommarrow and remind myself if i have read number 18 or if it is still on the shelf unread, after reading these messages i understand it is not a spoiler to say she is still not with Joe,and at the end of 17 at least are still not married. i loved them through book ten or twelve and even i got bored by then and i had thought her grandma was the funniest person as was lulu. but the story line does get old and i realized it had been kind of stale for a while now, i don't recommend the movie and i thought Sheryl playing Lulu would be roll in the floor funny but it was not even seat on the couch funny,

Holly Davis Jennifer wrote: "I've only read the first 2 or 3 but yes I am dying for them to get together finally. I did hear it becomes a love triangle with Ranger which disappoints me.

There is what like 19 of these books no..."

In 18 she swears off men. Although it becomes much more complicated I do hope in 19 she figures out who she wants to be with

Danielle Bogar The movie was not good. It was like all the elements were there, but they didn't sit with my imagination. The major fault I thought was because of the guy playing Morelli. I thought he was way to wooden and pretty. Morelli in my mind is very suave. I think he is also not traditionally pretty. I pictured him more rugged and with more character. I also pictured him dressing more rugged. It wasn't the actors fault, I think he was just miscast. I think the actor for Ranger was perfect. I also thought Lulu was perfect, but you know she doesn't really have that big of part in the first book.

Ann444 Prerna wrote: "Hi,
Sorry for spamming, but I would be glad if you could take a look at
https://www.facebook.com/TheDumbAndTh...
This is my first fiction co-authored with Abhinav Shrivastava.
Cheers!
Prerna"

Ann444 Hi, I don't mind you advertising your book at all. I do mind that you started your sentence with sorry, because obviously you intended to call our attention to your book and the apology was not sincere. That makes me doubt your ability to write.

Nancy I found these comments quite interesting. Having read two of the books, I quite agree -- the humor and characters are very enjoyable.

I also appreciated your comments about wanting a character to commit to the right relationship. Sometimes as an author it's hard to get the characters to have a nice "happy ending".
I'm working on one now that should have humor and a happy ending. If you'd like to check out my first book, it's at: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/... or on Amazon (under MacCreery) Thanks!

message 26: by Beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beth Gibson Joe sounds nice but he's boring. She needs to be with Ranger. But really I think the romantic part could be removed from the series completely and not hurt it.