High School Support Group discussion

Welcome! > Introduce yourself

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey everyone I'm your mod Nicole. This year I'm a freshman and it's been rough. I'm at different high school than my best friends, and it's really different, and awkward, and just not fun. Personally, I'm ready for the next four years to end.
And on that happy note let me explain ;) Just say your name, what your class is or if you're going into high school soon, and why you joined the group.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha welcome to the group!

message 3: by Kiki, GIANTS WON!!!!!!!! (new)

Kiki (kikidaawesome) | 86 comments Mod
Hi, im Kiki, I'm in 8th grade, but im really stressed about high school... so... yah...

message 4: by Kiki, GIANTS WON!!!!!!!! (new)

thanks... but idk if ill fit in...

message 5: by Kiki, GIANTS WON!!!!!!!! (new)

my parents are a bit... different...

message 6: by Kiki, GIANTS WON!!!!!!!! (new)

invading... they're overprotective... extremes...

message 7: by Kiki, GIANTS WON!!!!!!!! (new)

i cant have boyfriends, no phones, read my emails... no mini-clothes... indian parents... nothing lower than a A

message 8: by Kiki, GIANTS WON!!!!!!!! (new)

me neither... and... its just terrible...

message 9: by Kiki, GIANTS WON!!!!!!!! (new)

thanks... that's really nice. i hope the same 4 u...

message 10: by Kiki, GIANTS WON!!!!!!!! (new)

np

message 11: by T. H. Fay (new)

T. H. Fay Haha this might be odd, but my name is Thabata, pronounced Tabitha, spelled Thabata and I actually graduated high school. I thought I would come join the group as moral support. Also, I've been told I give really good advice, and I've been through a lot of different types of situations in high school and would love to help you guys out!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool thanks for joining! It'll be great to have someone who made it through.

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) Hey I'm Elizabeth and I'M A SENIOR!!!!!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Congrats! You're almost out!

message 15: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) Yup. Then off to college to major in Chemistry

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Nice! What college?

message 17: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) I don't know yet, I haven't started applying. I just know what I want to major in.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Good for you! Good luck, I heard that it's harder to get into colleges now than it was a few years ago.

message 19: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) Hopefully I'll get in a good one. I hear UVA has a good chemistry program. and that way I'd stay in my state.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

That'd be nice, I hope you get in. I'm kind of hoping to get out of mine and back into my old one for college.

message 21: by Dallas (new)

Dallas Guevara (DallasNacole) | 2 comments Hi, I'm Dallas. I am in the 10th grade. I lost all of my friends to High school. In the 9th grade the friends I had elm.-middle school just stopped talking to me. I saw them everyday all the time and I just didn't understand. They were all headed on the wrong paths and not doing any of the right things. Their report cards were straight F's where as mine, were straight A's. I got my life on track and started focusing on my future and it seems like I was punished for it. My self confedience because of this horrible experience is at an all time low. It's like I'm not even myself anymore, like High school changed me. I am very good at making good grades, I'm just not good at making new friends after the people I grew up with left me. I feel like my personality and ability to act and speak has left with them. I thought that maybe changing schools would be what was best for me, maybe I'd make new friends. But, it wasn't that easy and it's not that easy and here I am on my sophomore year all alone left to watch the thousands of others with too many good friends to count.
I focus on my future and my life and my job. I have an amazing job at a veterinary clinic which considering for my whole life I have wanted to be a veterinarian is such an amazing thing that will get me so many places. I still maintain a 4.0, and in those aspects of life I am doing great. But, having no friends in life I feel like makes these things a bit tougher.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Dallas! Good for you for focusing so well on your future! I'm sorry about your friends, the same thing happened to me when I went to middle school. Everyone just kept telling me to join activities and such and I really didn't listen. Turns out, it didn't matter. I met my best friends for life through working together on school projects. Maybe that'll happen to you.

message 23: by Dallas (new)

Dallas Guevara (DallasNacole) | 2 comments I hope so, I have friends at work and they are amazing support as well as my Mom who's been there for me through everything. I'll get through it I just still find myself some days getting upset about everything and wishing I could go back to all that if only for a day.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Ugh, I get what you mean! That's why I created this group, so that we could all help each other out a bit.

message 25: by Gio, Juniorzilla (new)

Gio (mediamartyr17) | 11 comments Mod
Hi Im Gio and I'm a Junior. I figured I'd join because the group just sounded like a good idea.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey! Thanks for joining! Yeah it's been kind of dead for a while so some of the comments have gone off the homepage automatically, but if you press discussion it'll show all the topics.

message 27: by Gio, Juniorzilla (new)

Gio (mediamartyr17) | 11 comments Mod
It looks like it didn't exactly start well

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah not really... the idea didn't really catch on

♫♡вℓυє cσηνєяѕє♡♫™ (BlueConverse) | 4 comments Hey everyone! I'm Karis, an eighth grader. I part-time homeschool, so I attend a charter school, which I love. Everyone there is kind and fun, and there's a sense of community, which is awesome. There are fifty eighth graders and fifty sevenths who come three days a week to 'middle school' like me. The experience of everyone having a place, of being able to go up to anyone, and without a shred of doubt, talk to them and have a friendly conversation, is like nothing I've ever seen at public school. They're all my second family.

Next year, though, I'm going back into the public school system (K-5 I attended public, 6-8 I'm part-time homeschooling). It's not like I'm not going to know anyone; I kept in touch with my closest friend from elementary. But I'm going to miss being part of a family like that, definitely. I'm sure I'll make a lot of friends at the high school; I make friends pretty much everywhere I go, no matter what I'm doing. But it won't be the same.

♫♡вℓυє cσηνєяѕє♡♫™ (BlueConverse) | 4 comments Oh yeah, and the super harsh PE program. (I think Cali schools push on the academics and sports too much.) The PE period is 1 1/2 hours, and we have to take the Navy SEAL test at the end of the year. Did I mention staying up until 2 AM at times, finishing HW?

message 31: by ♫♡вℓυє cσηνєяѕє♡♫™ (last edited Oct 29, 2012 09:55PM) (new)

♫♡вℓυє cσηνєяѕє♡♫™ (BlueConverse) | 4 comments Oh, wow. What exactly do you have to do for the class? JROTC sounds familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for joining you guys!! This group's a little dead but quite recently (like in the last 24 hours) we've gotten a bunch of new member comments which is sweet!

♫♡вℓυє cσηνєяѕє♡♫™ (BlueConverse) | 4 comments No problem. :) Thought this group would be interesting and helpful, so I decided to give it a go.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha yay!

message 35: by Ken (new)

Ken (kensamcampo) | 1 comments hi