Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Miscellaneous Book Talk > Michael Connelly and Michael Koryta

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Enjoyed reading the interview, looking forward to Connely's next one.

message 3: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8053 comments I think he interviewed Connelly at Bouchercon, too! I wonder if this is a road show.

Btw, for the first time they had CDs available of all the panels at Bouchercon. I bought a few that I missed. I blew off the Michael Connelly interview because I've seen him a few times and because I figured it would be easier to follow the audio version of a one-on-one interview than a panel discussion where you maybe can't tell who's talking.

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14609 comments Carol:
What a great idea to offer CD's of the panels. Even the panelists could see them too, they would miss them while participating.

Carol/Bonadie wrote: "I think he interviewed Connelly at Bouchercon, too! I wonder if this is a road show.

Btw, for the first time they had CDs available of all the panels at Bouchercon. I bought a few that I missed...."

message 5: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (crynski) | 17 comments The Connelly/Koryta interview at Bcon was more back and forth than I expected. Instead of being one interviewing the other they would take turns asking questions. It was great for people who love hearing both of them speak about their work, but I could tell a lot of people got up and left because they were really looking for an interview of Connelly. Someone else told me it was perhaps set up that way because Michael Connelly is somewhat shy and unassuming and would rather not have the focus solely on him for a full hour.

message 6: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8053 comments Colleen wrote: "The Connelly/Koryta interview at Bcon was more back and forth than I expected. Instead of being one interviewing the other they would take turns asking questions. It was great for people who love..."

Interesting. I don't really know Michael Koryta so not sure if I would have liked that better or not. Now that you mention it, the last time I saw Connelly at a large book signing event he was with George Pelecanos, which was a treat since I'm a big fan of both authors. I did see him by himself at a Borders booksigning a few years ago and he did fine, but it was a smaller event. I even got my picture with him -- will have to dig that one out and put on Facebook maybe.

message 7: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3050 comments Lee Child was there too, wasn't he? That was a interesting format.

message 8: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8053 comments Lee Child was by himself on a different night.

message 9: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3050 comments How about Barnes and Lehane together? (Boston)

Friday, November 2nd at 7pm
Boston Noir 2: The Classics
Featuring Dennis Lehane, Linda Barnes, Mary Cotton, and Jaime Clarke

Akashic Books' phenomenal hit Noir anthology series revisits Boston. This latest installment includes 14 classic dark crime stories from the likes of David Foster Wallace, Jhumpa Lahiri, Boston's master of noir, Dennis Lehane, and bestselling mystery maven Linda Barnes. Join editors Mary Cotton, Jaime Clarke, and Lehane, along with Barnes, as they share highlights from this thrilling new volume.

message 10: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3684 comments Barry wrote: "How about Barnes and Lehane together? (Boston)

Akashic Books' phe..."

oy. i can't to that one either. am going to rj julia to hear ba shapiro speak about her new bookThe Art Forger. am really excited about it since barbara and i grew up together- our parents were best friends and we spend a lot of time together right until we both went to college.

message 11: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8053 comments I could do that if you want to come up. Email me.

Barry wrote: "How about Barnes and Lehane together? (Boston)

Akashic Books' phe..."