The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games question

Hungry for more?
Brindha Brindha Sep 07, 2012 07:47PM
What do you think??
Is the Hunger Games an epic trilogy or a waste of paper?? Share yor view.

I think it was a great book, but maybe just another Harry Potter book.

Michele (last edited Nov 12, 2012 10:39AM ) Sep 07, 2012 07:47PM   0 votes
Please read the Rules and Information before signing up for a review. http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9....

Reminder- You can only have two R2R books at a time.

Title: Parallel Spirits
Author: TS Welti
Genre: PN Romance, YA

Synopsis -

Sixteen-year-old Belinda has dreamed of making the world a better place ever since her father was killed while rescuing a stranger from a fire. While the hours she spends volunteering are fulfilling, she still feels her life is missing a greater purpose. When she becomes possessed by a spirit who lost her body in a terrible tragedy, Belinda decides to help the spirit earn her body back by allowing the spirit to help Belinda fall in love. But helping Belinda fall in love proves more complicated than Mara had imagined when they both fall for Conor's sweet, considerate nature and boyish smile. It seems Mara’s feelings for Conor are the only obstacle in her path, until Mara begins to suspect that a spirit with whom she shares a dark history is possessing Conor.

Parallel Spirits is told from the point of view of both 16-year-old Belinda and the 372-year-old carrier spirit who possesses her. Set in a California beach town, it's a fast-paced paranormal romance about the power of hope. Approximately 245 pages (or 59,000 words) in length.

The first 20 people to sign up below leaving their email address and required format will receive a free gift copy of this e-book in epub or mobi format for review.

Reviewers
1 Erin
2 Jenny 4
3 Juana
4 Laura resend 10/3
5 Beth 9/24
6 Christina 9/24 4*
7 Laura (lsims)9/24 5*
8 Yaz (9/24) 4*
9 Bella 10/29 5
10 Kaylee 11/5 4
11 Stacy 11/20 4

*Note you have two weeks to read and review. Please post your review on Goodreads, Amazon, Smashwords and post a link to this thread in the comments section.

Michele (Chelemybelle)
R2R Program Mod
Lovers of Paranormal
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/7...

Would love this one...

I would like to read this book.

tcbbss@hotmail.com. epub format please.

Michele (chelemybelle) wrote: "Bella wrote: "I would love to review this book.
e-mail: bella.love26@gmail.com ePub format please :)"

Sent :)"

Loved it!

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2GYV8H3...

jaelea331@aol.com epub

Chosen, my debut novel in the Ancients of Light series, was released August 31st. If any active members (regular contributors) of the Paranormal Addicts & Newbies group would like a complimentary copy, you can message me and I will provide you with a coupon to download it for free on September 8th.

It is currently available on Amazon.com and Smashwords.com, and should be distributed to all major eRetailers within the next couple of weeks.

A brief description of the novel and premise of the series is below. I would love some feedback if you decide to read it. Thank you!

In the beginning...there were Vampire.

Man’s fall from grace sparked the birth of the Dark creatures from the underworld. To counter the explicit threat to mankind, divinely-created immortals were brought forth. The Witch encompassed seven Castes of power; their magic was most effective against the nefarious agenda pursued by their enemies. Over the thousands of years of war, members of each breed have been swayed to the calling of the other, leaving neither able to claim ultimate victory in its mission.

This first book in the Ancients of Light series establishes the foundation for the events that have brought the Realm to its current circumstance and sets the stage for last days within the war of Ancients. A primeval Prophecy culminates in this era, bringing final resolution to the eternal battle that has waged between the Vampire and Witch, the Light and the Dark.

The Chosen...
Kaitriana’s gift of magic is unrivaled in the Realm. A feisty beauty and descendant of the most powerful Ancient in existence, her birth was foretold ages before her time. Destined to lead the Realm to peace, as she comes to power she is betrayed by her own kind, destroying her birthright and all hope of delivering the Realm from the sinister shadow of the Ancient Darks.

Lorcan is a heralded champion, a mighty warlord within the Vampire species. He is part of the faction that abandoned their Dark beginnings and found purpose in the Ancient Light, though his breed has long been estranged from the Witch that ally with them in battle. His animosity towards the magical immortals is personal - his traitorous mother was a Queen within their ranks. Having long since severed all ties with his former kin, his existence remains plagued by repercussions of her treachery and a secret that threatens to be his downfall.

An Ancient Prophecy tells that only two in all of creation can banish the Darks and bring peace to the Realm. When Kaitriana miraculously appears seeking his protection, Lorcan will be required to forsake his duty and disregard the dictates of the Ancients to shelter the female. To fulfill her role, Kaitriana must rebuild the alliance between her own species and the Vampire, while inducing her arrogant guardian to confront his true nature. Together they must combat the Ancient Dark and surmount the forces within their own factions that would oppose the Prophecy. Their fates have always been intertwined and only when joined with the strength of the other can they triumph over a blood feud that has shadowed the Light for millennia.

Jenny wrote: "jaelea331@aol.com epub"

Juana "Darkness" wrote: "I'd like to read this one to. juana1991@live.com epub if you don't mind."

Erin wrote: "Ekaberin at gmail dot com. Mobi"

Coming at you three tonight!

Juana "Darkness" (last edited Sep 08, 2012 12:11PM ) Sep 08, 2012 12:10PM   0 votes
I'd like to read this one to. juana1991@live.com epub if you don't mind.

Laura (last edited Sep 10, 2012 09:01AM ) Sep 10, 2012 08:59AM   0 votes
I would be interested in this book. lsims.sepi@gmail.com epub format

iheartlaura1@hotmail.com epub And thank you :)

What a beautiful story -- artfully told! My Goodreads review can be found here:
And the same review is posted on Amazon.
Big thanks to author T.S. Welti! I want a sequel!!!

Bella wrote: "I would love to review this book.
e-mail: bella.love26@gmail.com ePub format please :)"

Sent :)

here is my review, posted it to amazon too. I will post it to other websites later.

Think I accidentally deleted mine, please resend. iheartlaura1@hotmail.com epub format and thanks :)

Laura wrote: "I would be interested in this book.
Christina M wrote: "Would love this one..."
Beth wrote: "I would like to read this book.

Coming at you ladies right now :)

I would love to review this book.
e-mail: bella.love26@gmail.com ePub format please :)

Stacy wrote: "I'll bite on this one -- mobi please!
stacysanf0rd@yahoo.com

On its way :)

I'll bite on this one -- mobi please!
stacysanf0rd@yahoo.com

I would like this one. Kccomber@gmail.com epub please. Thank you:)

sign me up please :) mobi format

Laura wrote: "iheartlaura1@hotmail.com epub And thank you :)"

Sending your way :)

Amazing.... purly amazing.

Brindha Thanks for your opinion
Sep 07, 2012 07:53PM

Ekaberin at gmail dot com. Mobi

Yaz wrote: "sign me up please :) mobi format"

Well alrighty ;)

Avani (last edited Sep 08, 2012 08:18AM ) Sep 08, 2012 08:17AM   -1 votes
The Hunger Games is not a waste of paper-- although the writing wasn't anything out of the ordinary, and far from great, the concept had a real lesson to teach: the idea that with reality television taking over the country and the government growing more and more controversial, this could be where are our world is headed.

I liked the books, but I don't understand what you said here: "maybe just another Harry Potter book". It wasn't similar to HP in any way, besides maybe the growing fanbase. I don't think anything can measure up to the megafandom that is Harry Potter, though, so it's practically impossible for any series to become "another Harry Potter".

Mimi ❤ I agree with Hunger Games not having good writing. Collins honestly is a lazy writer who needs to work on her ability to sentence structure before tac ...more
Sep 08, 2012 08:34AM